Mitsubishi delivering good service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mitsubishi delivering good service

My 2015 Pajero Sport 2.5 4x4 Auto now has 95 000 km on the odo. Out of maintenance plan, out of guarantee, but I extended the guarantee by 2 years.

The PS was tested twice for the dreaded coolant los during the guarantee period and no leak was found.

Over the last 5000 km the coolant expansion tank, or reservoir as some call it, was found empty on three occasions. No external coolant leak was found.

I booked the PS in at Mitsubishi Centurion, and after three days I got a phone call that Mitsubishi is going to replace the engine with a new one.

I was very relieved on this outcome. There was no funnies from the dealer, they took the PS, tested it and gave me the good news. There is no cost for me and they will do the required SAPS clearance on the new engine.

For the record my PS has a full service history at Mitsubishi Centurion with excellent service from Paul Venter, Kenneth, Illana and the team.

The estimated timeline is about 30 work days as the engine comes from Mitsubishi Japan.
    2015 Pajero Sport 2,5 Di-D 4x4 5-spd Auto, STOFPAD eng & gbox bash plate, Mitsubishi Nudge Bar, Bosal Tow Bar, Retractable Eezy-Awn

Default Re: Mitsubishi delivering good service

Quote Originally Posted by Thys Willemse View Post
    My 2015 Pajero Sport 2.5 4x4 Auto now has 95 000 km on the odo. Out of maintenance plan, out of guarantee, but I extended the guarantee by 2 years.

The PS was tested twice for the dreaded coolant los during the guarantee period and no leak was found.

Over the last 5000 km the coolant expansion tank, or reservoir as some call it, was found empty on three occasions. No external coolant leak was found.

I booked the PS in at Mitsubishi Centurion, and after three days I got a phone call that Mitsubishi is going to replace the engine with a new one.

I was very relieved on this outcome. There was no funnies from the dealer, they took the PS, tested it and gave me the good news. There is no cost for me and they will do the required SAPS clearance on the new engine.

For the record my PS has a full service history at Mitsubishi Centurion with excellent service from Paul Venter, Kenneth, Illana and the team.

The estimated timeline is about 30 work days as the engine comes from Mitsubishi Japan.
    Great news

Well done Mitsu. No questions asked, just do the job.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

How is the coolant lost in these PSs?

Is it a common issue?

Quote Originally Posted by tashtego9 View Post
    How is the coolant lost in these PSs?

Is it a common issue?
    There seems to be an issue on the 2.5's or some of them, from what I've read here.

It was s problem at the plant machining the engine blocks. One of the lines had milling heads out if dpec, resulting in the finish of thr top of the block being too “rough”. That gave rise to coolant seepage. Once the fault was traced the line was stopped and the process mitigation began. Not all the blocks could be identified, resulting in problems evsluated one on one if the blocks was not in a specific batch.
    2015 Pajero Sport 2,5 Di-D 4x4 5-spd Auto, STOFPAD eng & gbox bash plate, Mitsubishi Nudge Bar, Bosal Tow Bar, Retractable Eezy-Awn

I can think of some other manufacturers that would never have admitted to anything being wrong , let alone offer to sort it out.

Well done !

At the time of my diesel pump woes there was such a replaced engine lying at the dealer, ready for demolition. It’s actually part of a recall campaign if I recall correctly and there are no time limit on when you take it in. They do some test and if it’s outside the allowable limits the engine gets replaced.

This specific branch strip some parts from them to unofficially help customers with parts if they are in need. They were prepared to give me the injectors from that motor (yes GIVE) but being from the HP motor they couldn’t make it work on my engine, even though the parts department said they were interchangeable.

When I asked them what happens to the rest of the engine they said that a 4pound hammer combined with the motor helped the workshop staff with stress relief if and when required... they wouldn’t let me have it
    2009 Triton 2.5 DiD

It's nice to hear about good service from Mitsu. I will definitely remember that this specific branch is a good one, as I do visit Pta every now and again. But so far my 2 local agents haven't let me down either.
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2004 Honda Jazz (wife's platkar)
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

The new engine arrived today, so by next week this time I will be driving my PS again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Thys Willemse View Post
    The new engine arrived today, so by next week this time I will be driving my PS again.
    Awesome.

Bloody good service from Mitsu. As Tashtego said to get a company to admit they have an issue AND fix it without questions is good to hear. Makes one proud to be an owner.

They replaced my engine at about 170,000 km free of charge.
    Have done another 40,000 no problems .

Still happy
    Regards
    Mikealan

That’s awesome service, try that with the Germans...

That is good news.
    50 house points for the triple diamond for owning up like responsible manufacturers.

Wanders off to graze the next tree humming " I got a 3.2, I got a 3.2......"
    Pajero Sport 2013 3.2 A/T

Thys, who did you use for the guarentee extension?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by REAList View Post
    Thys, who did you use for the guarentee extension?
    Regards
    Regent-SA Warranties-Liquid Capitol and it is the Platinum Bumper to Bumper Warranty and the Platinum Step Up Warranty

When I signed up the PS was just under three years old, at 73 000 km. That gave me Plan N package with no restrictions for two years at R 500.00 p/m

This new engine however was not claimed from the extended warranty, Mitsubishi Japan pics up the full tab, parts, installation and SAP Clearance.

Because the PS is out of the factory guarantee, Mitsubishi gives no guarantee on the new engine. I fortunately have another year and one month left on the extended warranty I bought.

And I collected my PS this afternoon, with the SAPS Clearance Certificate.

Cost claim by dealership to Mitsubishi R 265 192.48.........

I paid R 499 999.00 for the PS in March 2015.

It may be the excitement of the new engine, but she really feels very good. I will refrain from pushing the engine as I am still a believer of the running in for 1000 km before gradually pushing further.

That's really great news, Thys! I wish you all the best with the new engine.

The good thing is that you now have an extended life on that car since you're basically starting again with a new engine, presumably with new injectors, fuel pump, etc. as well - fresh out of the box!

Great news Thys and again, well done Mitsubishi!!
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2019/02/12 at 07:21 PM.

"Feel good" story Thys, gives us Mitsu owners more trust in the brand. Enjoy! Wondering what that will do to resale value? Increase value?
    Mitsubishi Triton DC 3.2 A/T 4X4
    2007 Hilux 2.5 D4D SOLD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast