Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 990
  1. #961
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 2

    Post Re: LR parts offered / required

    Hi all.

    looking to convert my Disco 4 into a usable off roader.

    some items Iím looking for are as follows.

    - roof rack
    - lighting
    - drawers
    - snorkel
    - tire pressure system

    any other useful items would be great.

    What is out there?

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanked: 2011

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post
    Hi all.

    looking to convert my Disco 4 into a usable off roader.

    some items Iím looking for are as follows.

    - roof rack
    - lighting
    - drawers
    - snorkel
    - tire pressure system

    any other useful items would be great.

    What is out there?

    The first thing you need to do with a D4 to make it an even greater off roader is to fit higher profile tyres, either 255/65R19 or 18" rims with similar profile height tyres.

    I have a custom snorkel fitted, should still have the mould somewhere.

    I use an Outback roofrack, not sure if it is available any more, but there are a few options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230430_112905.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	723068  
    Last edited by faniedup; 2024/05/26 at 08:49 PM.

  3. #963
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest
    Age
    67
    Posts
    24,614
    Thanked: 21084

    Smile Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post
    Hi all.

    looking to convert my Disco 4 into a usable off roader.

    some items Iím looking for are as follows.

    - roof rack
    - lighting
    - drawers
    - snorkel
    - tire pressure system

    any other useful items would be great.

    What is out there?

    - roof rack - if you really need
    - lighting - a few hundred bucks of cheap stuff - assuming you are talking camping lights. Main headlights, D4 are as is good as it gets. Unless you are doing some fancy OffRoad recovery stuff. Don't waste your money and complicate an already best in class system.
    - drawers - if you really have to. The D4 has so much space that a few ammo boxes will do just fine.
    - snorkel - TOTAL waste of time and money.
    - tire pressure system - also a waste, most of the time they don' work and only report erroneous data.
    Cheers

    NAGOF

    HAM Callsign - ZS5KAD

    Freedom of speech is useless unless you allow people you donít like to say things you donít likeÖÖÖ

    If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

  4. #964
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tshwanetoria
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,837
    Thanked: 3745

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Spare crank?



  5. #965
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 2

    Talking Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    - roof rack - if you really need
    - lighting - a few hundred bucks of cheap stuff - assuming you are talking camping lights. Main headlights, D4 are as is good as it gets. Unless you are doing some fancy OffRoad recovery stuff. Don't waste your money and complicate an already best in class system.
    - drawers - if you really have to. The D4 has so much space that a few ammo boxes will do just fine.
    - snorkel - TOTAL waste of time and money.
    - tire pressure system - also a waste, most of the time they don' work and only report erroneous data.

    thanks, Iíve had my Landy for over 10 years, and have just bought a XXV as my precious.

    soÖ I should just buy a pillow and a blanket then

    Seeing the prices of lr4 Iím pretty much considering keeping my 2010 lr4 as itís sitting on 350k km. is an incredible vehicle has not skipped a beat and has seen many adventures.

    just want a get in and go to the bush kinda car. Something I can pack and take camping.

    probally best to get a dual batter system going then there would be more possibilities.

    must say I did like @Detour_gp had a great setup when he had his LR4

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    The first thing you need to do with a D4 to make it an even greater off roader is to fit higher profile tyres, either 255/65R19 or 18" rims with similar profile height tyres.

    I have a custom snorkel fitted, should still have the mould somewhere.

    I use an Outback roofrack, not sure if it is available any more, but there are a few options.
    let me know about the snorkel.

    Iíll sort tyres when my current set need a change.

    looking to eventually get a RTT so need some racks that are up to the challenge.

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Spare crank?

    All good there I have a whole spare LR4.

    but on a serious note have had 350k km of trouble free driving.

    i did have limited performance on route back from Capetown.

    stopped at 3 sisters and discovered the boost pipe had slipped off. Either than that. Been solid.

    disclaimer, I have done A lot of preventative maintenance, serviced it religiously and used TS oil to keep her fresh.

    although she is a bit old and has her miles I would jump in her tomorrow and head off to wherever I need to whithout worrying.

    must say my Machanic was a bit surprised when I serviced my can in November and he saw me in Jan again for another service after I had done my 15k

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derp For This Useful Post:


  9. #968
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    3,325
    Thanked: 3014

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post
    Hi all.
    looking to convert my Disco 4 into a usable off roader.
    some items Iím looking for are as follows.
    - roof rack
    - lighting
    - drawers
    - snorkel
    - tire pressure system
    any other useful items would be great.
    What is out there?

    You don't need any of these for off-roading. I would first install a dual-battery system, and then run any accessories off that. You will inevitably need a compressor to re-inflate tyres after a trail, so install some BH plugs both at the front & rear.

    Roofrack for camping, yes, but it all depends on your camping style.

    Lighting - plenty of LED options that you can DIY wire around the vehicle.

    Drawers are nice, but then you lose the boot for everyday stuff.

    Snorkel is a waste on these modern LRs.

    Tyre pressure system, also not really needed, unless your D4 came with. I see someone mentioned 18" wheels, not needed IMHO. I do trails on 20" *road* tyres, and that works fine, so decent 19" AT will work wonders.

    If you are going to do hardcore off-roading, then maybe a front bumper replacement is needed?
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Defender Puma Workshop Manual:https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  10. #969
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    You don't need any of these for off-roading. I would first install a dual-battery system, and then run any accessories off that. You will inevitably need a compressor to re-inflate tyres after a trail, so install some BH plugs both at the front & rear.

    Roofrack for camping, yes, but it all depends on your camping style.

    Lighting - plenty of LED options that you can DIY wire around the vehicle.

    Drawers are nice, but then you lose the boot for everyday stuff.

    Snorkel is a waste on these modern LRs.

    Tyre pressure system, also not really needed, unless your D4 came with. I see someone mentioned 18" wheels, not needed IMHO. I do trails on 20" *road* tyres, and that works fine, so decent 19" AT will work wonders.

    If you are going to do hardcore off-roading, then maybe a front bumper replacement is needed?
    great advice.

    i was eyeing out the dual system from G4 any other suppliers to look at for dual systems?

  11. #970
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanked: 2011

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    G4 is the goto guys for dual battery in Landies

  12. #971
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    MTUNZINI
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,357
    Thanked: 1296

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    My 2 C , I have done lots of travelling with D3's but friends had D4's
    We still own them some 350 000 km marks mine on the way to 280 000 km mark , runs like Swiss watches.

    The best money you can spend on a D3 or D4 is suspension rods, it takes you less than 5 min to change over , and your compressor never over heats or over works, vehicle stays in off road height, and believe me it does not chow the cv's or suspension, or prop shafts.

    It is also an easy vehicle to get power to the rear , you allready have massicve power on the rear fuse box, 30 amps you can tap off for an DC/DC charger for an aux battery. I have fantastic drawer plans for a D4 , will try and find and post

    Roofrack is nice for an Oz tent , jerry cans , spare 19" tyre casing etc etc. and fire wood,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Koos Best; 2024/06/04 at 04:20 PM.
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T6 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

  13. #972
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Benoni.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanked: 1452

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    My 2 C , I have done lots of travelling with D3's but friends had D4's
    We still own them some 350 000 km marks mine on the way to 280 000 km mark , runs like Swiss watches.

    The best money you can spend on a D3 or D4 is suspension rods, it takes you less than 5 min to change over , and your compressor never over heats or over works, vehicle stays in off road height, and believe me it does not chow the cv's or suspension, or prop shafts.

    It is also an easy vehicle to get power to the rear , you allready have massicve power on the rear fuse box, 30 amps you can tap off for an DC/DC charger for an aux battery. I have fantastic drawer plans for a D4 , will try and find and post

    Roofrack is nice for an Oz tent , jerry cans , spare 19" tyre casing etc etc. and fire wood,

    i could not agree more.
    Lift rods, decent tyres and an Icarsoft or some other decent diagnostic in the cubby hole.
    Fridge in back, fuel in tank and the disco is ready.


    - roof rack
    - lighting
    - drawers
    - snorkel
    - tire pressure system

    • A rack is useful.
    • All other accessories should be functional not because social media and marketing teams say you need them. Trips and time with the vehicle show what you need.
    • Spots are nice to have. Our roads are not great. Easily forgotten is extra lighting inside and around the Disco. Especially once drawers and so on are in the boot. Extra shadows at night... camp lights make things a lot easier.
    • I have recently changed how I view drawers. The wrong ones are worse than no drawers. I sold what I had and I am now building my own, only you, living and operating with the vehicle can decide what exactly you need. Take the time with this one and don't rush it.
    • A snorkel gives cleaner air. Cool. Until then just keep an eye on the filter.
    • a TPS is not expensive but it can literally save a tyre. Big vehicles mean that you don't always feel a puncture once it has happened. Got that T shirt.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopped For This Useful Post:


  15. #973
    Join Date
    Apr 2024
    Location
    Rondebosch
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Morning all

    Looking for a rubber mat for the boot of a Discovery 4.

    cheers
    Brett

  16. #974
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,074
    Thanked: 1365

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Defender 2.4 Hybrid turbo. Was for abiut a month perfect condition.
    R4000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240601_164501_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	723828

  17. #975
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    3,325
    Thanked: 3014

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Defender 2.4 Hybrid turbo. Was for abiut a month perfect condition.
    R4000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240601_164501_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	723828

    Benson, would this run fine with BAS remap or would a new map be needed?
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Defender Puma Workshop Manual:https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  18. #976
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,410
    Thanked: 1158

    Default Defender 110 sliding drawer system

    Drawer system for sale. Robust with proper bearing rollers. It fits on the floor between the wheel arches.

    Overall dimensions: width 80cm, height 47cm (two drawers), depth (including handles) 62cm.

    The system (Alucab) was shortened to accommodate a fridge/freezer between the back seats and the drawer system of my 110. This means it should fit in a Defender 90.

    Make me an offer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2720.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	725258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2722.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	725259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2721.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	725260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2723.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	725261  
    Last edited by TRON; 2024/06/27 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Pics

  19. #977
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bergbron, Roodepoort
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,925
    Thanked: 334

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    .
    Last edited by Flagster; 2024/07/06 at 12:35 PM.
    2003 Disco 2 ES TD5 - Big Azz Blue
    2013 Chev UTE

  20. #978
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,410
    Thanked: 1158

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    I have a set of TD5 injectors (green caps) available. They were replaced at about 135,000km. I have the reports that show (allegedly) that the issue they have is that they are not perfect at low pressures, I did not have performance issues whilst they were installed but I did have some black smoke when pulling away. After spending huge bucks on the new ones there has been no markedly change in amount of smoke.

    There could be some life in them still. I am not knowledgeable with matters of this nature (and many more). I appreciate it if someone could give clarity or comments.

    Please PM me if interested.

    Thanx

    The injectors have been sold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2724.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	725262  
    Last edited by TRON; 2024/06/26 at 11:29 AM.

  21. #979
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    New Germany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,300
    Thanked: 2070

    Default Re: LR parts offered / required

    Quote Originally Posted by TRON View Post
    I have a set of TD5 injectors (green caps) available. They were replaced at about 135,000km. I have the reports that show (allegedly) that the issue they have is that they are not perfect at low pressures, I did not have performance issues whilst they were installed but I did have some black smoke when pulling away. After spending huge bucks on the new ones there has been no markedly change in amount of smoke.

    There could be some life in them still. I am not knowledgeable with matters of this nature (and many more). I appreciate it if someone could give clarity or comments.

    Please PM me if interested.

    Thanx
    Hi sent you a PM with regards to injectors
    2002 Defender with 300TDi VNT modified
    2005 Defender TD5 CR VNT turbo, Ashcroft lockers,HD CW&P, HD side shafts & CV and Pegged, 35Ē coppers STT pro ÖÖÖ..and more

  22. #980
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    72
    Posts
    3,410
    Thanked: 1158

    Default Defender rims offered

    I have 2x original Defender 16inch alloy rims on offer as per pics. Please PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2727.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	725420  

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •