Mqocha border

Thread: Mqocha border

Default Mqocha border

Hi guys
    Has anyone crossed the Mqocha border(MALAWI) into Zambia (Mtyocha) or vise versa, lately?
    Can a 3rd party insurance and TIP be acquired at these border post ( and visa)
    Thanks Plume

Default Re: Mqocha border

Hi Plume, I haven't used that border post for a while, I can recall you can definitely get a TIP and insurance. I am sure a visa is also obtainable. If need be I can make some enquiries. Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,that would be much appreciated

I do not know the situation at Mqocha border but I am afraid it could be similar as at Muyombe (Zambia)/Katumbi (Malawi). Coming from Zambia we had to be stamped out in Isoka. Being Sunday afternoon we had to bring the officer from her home to the office. There is nothing at zambian side. We entered Malawi on Monday morning. We could buy TIP, road tax and carbon tax at the border, but 3rd party had to be purchased in Mzuzu. There is a police checkpoint at the beginning of the tarred road. Policemen know the situation and we had to pay small fine for missing 3rd party insurance. We got provisional visa for 5 days at the border so we could drive directly to Nyika Plateau without backtracking and organized them later at Mzuzu too. The negotiation was quite tough as the officer wanted to give us only a 1 day provisional visa.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwott For This Useful Post: