Triton Owner's Newest Member:

Cool Triton Owner's Newest Member:

Good morning All!

I've only registered on this forum recently, but I've been lurking in the shadows and using a LOT of the handy information posted here, so thank you guys sommer in advance.

I only bought my Triton 3.2 D-ID very late last year and although it was quite a transition for me to get used to the height of the vehicle, the noisier cab and the sloooooow 1st gear, I am now loving my trokkie more than all the vehicles I've previously owned combined.

Let me not forget to add that this lorrie is the first Diesel powered, and the first Turbo-charged vehicle I've owned. I know the ins and outs of petroleum engines fairly well, so it is a bit terrifying driving something I don't know that well daily..but the internet saves you a lot of trouble and a lot of money if you know how to use it properly, so I'm looking forward to learning and contributing my share of knowledge and adventures with you guys.

"Maak 'n plan" en "modify" is part of my vocabulary and I would consider myself to be an avid DIY'er. Some would say I'm "a bietjie stingy", but I just enjoy washing and servicing my own car. If you do it yourself, it's done right.

A little bit more detail about myself: I'm not a springchicken anymore, I'm 32 years old, currently based in the Eastrand, and my job requires me to smash more buttons on a keyboard everyday than I'd care to. The IT industry may look like a lot of fun, but it really isn't.. common sense is rare and the only joy I've recently got out of doing this, is my paycheck to fill the tank with 10PPM and the drive home in the afternoon.

Regardless, I love the outdoors and running after the dogs, barefoot on the grass on a Sunday afternoon. Also a frequent fisherman, but absolutely not serious about angling at all. I know how to tow a trailer, change a tyre, light a fire, braai a tjop and pour a dop.

I've recently popped a ring on my best friend's finger, so another adjustment I have to take in account, is the "huwelik" and learning the 'A B C's" of "Yes sweetie", "Sure honey", "Anything you say my bokkie"...and finding those rare opportunities to take the bakkie out for a drive with the boys..

My trokkie is a blue 2009 Triton, stock at the moment with little less than 150K km's on the clocks. Yes, I would have liked to get my hands on a fancy Ranger, but this turned out to be an investment I'm very happy with - a real bakkie, that goes where few other 'bakkies' dare to.

So, there you have it... me, pretty much in a nutshell. Looking forward to a great time and even greater memories to share and enjoy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaos For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Triton Owner's Newest Member:

You won't be disappointed with a 3.2

Enjoy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Lekker, welcome to the Mitsubishi family!
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2004 Honda Jazz (wife's platkar)
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leeubok For This Useful Post:

Wink Re: Triton Owner's Newest Member:

Thanks you guys! Can't wait to take her out on a decent track. I've seen what these Tritons can do. I have the right horse, all I need now, is skill.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D-ID | "Oppas vir 2nd gear.."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaos For This Useful Post:

Welcome Kaos. Add some pics of the Triton to the Mitsubishi Pics thread, in the Mitsubishi section, ons wil daai lorrie sien
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaan van Wyk For This Useful Post:

Will do! Will take a few nice ones and upload asap.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D-ID | "Oppas vir 2nd gear.."

Enjoy Kaos, Just wait there is more, much more memories to come.!
    Mitsubishi Triton DC 3.2 A/T 4X4
    2007 Hilux 2.5 D4D SOLD

Welcome Kaos, Glad your loving your triton
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.