Headlight Bulbs: 2016 Isuzu KB300

Default Headlight Bulbs: 2016 Isuzu KB300

Hi Everyone,

Please could someone assist or redirect me...

I need to replace the current bulbs in my vehicle (the standard ones are terrible and Ive lived with them long enough and cant go on anymore) but Im struggling to find out what bulbs are needed. I'm getting different answers everywhere I go - even Isuzu dealers information differs from one dealer to the next.
    One dealer did give me a price at R150 per bulb but that's all he could tell me (at that price its not surprising they're so bad)

I need to replace my main beams - the ones that look like xenon's. Are they xenon's? If so, HB3? I read somewhere they are H11,or are those the brights?

2nd question - what brand do I go for - I dont really care about price, I just want something really good? Internet research brings up 3 main contenders being Philips, Osram and Ring.

Thanks in advance...
    Rob.
    Last edited by Orizon; 2019/01/19 at 01:01 PM.

Default Re: Headlight Bulbs: 2016 Isuzu KB300

Quote Originally Posted by Orizon View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Please could someone assist or redirect me...

I need to replace the current bulbs in my vehicle (the standard ones are terrible and Ive lived with them long enough and cant go on anymore) but Im struggling to find out what bulbs are needed. I'm getting different answers everywhere I go - even Isuzu dealers information differs from one dealer to the next.
    One dealer did give me a price at R150 per bulb but that's all he could tell me (at that price its not surprising they're so bad)

I need to replace my main beams - the ones that look like xenon's. Are they xenon's? If so, HB3? I read somewhere they are H11,or are those the brights?

2nd question - what brand do I go for - I dont really care about price, I just want something really good? Internet research brings up 3 main contenders being Philips, Osram and Ring.

Thanks in advance...
    Rob.
    Hi Rob,

The KB6 has a H11 (55w) halogen bulb for it's projector dipped beams.

I have fitted everything from cheap 35w HID kits to imported from USA expensive 55w HID kits. I have not tried LED's yet, but I still prefer a halogen bulb above everything.
    Light spread is much better and wider and the cut off line is much sharper with halogens fitted than HID's. (Remember there is a huge difference between HID's retrofitted in projector housings designed for halogens, than HID's fitted in projectors that's designed for HID/Xenons such as factory lights on Audi's etc...)

I can highly recommend the Phillips Crystal Vision 55w H11 bulbs. They are a little bit brighter than the standard ones and slightly more white. 3 Years and they are still going strong. The Osram Nighbreakers do not last as long as the Phillips from previous experience.

The only place I ever feel my headlights aren't that bright is when driving in the city that is lit up with street lights and other vehicles, but when driving rural areas at night they are more than enough. Too bright headlights actually work against you when driving at night in dark places as your sight adjusts and you actually see less further down the road (Our dipped beams don't go off once high beams are switched on, such as vehicles fitted with H4 bulps. and the brighter the area infront of you is lit up, the less you can see in the darker distance)

(HID's are also crap when the road is wet, the blueish light disappears on the wet road, but that's a discussion for another day...)

So my advise would be get the Phillips H11 Crystal Vision and make sure you headlights are aligned properly.
    Last edited by ArriesWP; 2019/01/20 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArriesWP For This Useful Post:

Hi ArriesWP and Everyone...

Thanks for the detailed response.. Great to have some advice especially seeing as it looks like it is based on experience.

Excuse my ignorance here, but "projector dipped beams" mean are the main ones (circled in this image)?
    Name:  HL.png
Views: 420
Size:  258.9 KB

I tend to agree with you on the LED's and retrofitted HID's etc. Id like to stick with the type of bulb the unit was designed for, but just a serious upgrade.

I find myself checking the dash every few minutes to check that my headlights are on when driving at night.

In terms of the Phillips vs Osram, Im not too concerned about lifespan, I really just want the best there is. Having said this, do you still recommend the Crystal Vision over the Nightbreakers (not considering lifespan).

Lastly, can anyone recommend a place to purchase, fit and align headlights in JNB (Edenvale area or surrounds).

Thanks again for the assistance, very much appreciated...

Hi ArriesWP and Everyone...

Thanks for the detailed response.. Great to have some advice especially seeing as it looks like it is based on experience.

Excuse my ignorance here, but "projector dipped beams" mean are the main ones (circled in this image)?
    Name:  HL.png
Views: 420
Size:  258.9 KB

I tend to agree with you on the LED's and retrofitted HID's etc. Id like to stick with the type of bulb the unit was designed for, but just a serious upgrade.

I find myself checking the dash every few minutes to check that my headlights are on when driving at night.

In terms of the Phillips vs Osram, Im not too concerned about lifespan, I really just want the best there is. Having said this, do you still recommend the Crystal Vision over the Nightbreakers (not considering lifespan).

Lastly, can anyone recommend a place to purchase, fit and align headlights in JNB (Edenvale area or surrounds).

Thanks again for the assistance, very much appreciated...

Hi Rob,

I have never done a side to side comparison between Osram vs. Phillips. I think they are pretty much the same (the +150% light claims and stuff they advertise are bull, maybe +20% brighter haha!)

And yes the dipped projector beams I am referring to are those you circled in green.

Let us know what you had fitted and what your opinion is

Regards,
    Armand

Currently in exactly the same situation. Also looking at replacing the H11's, and looking for the Philips bulbs, but they seem to be as easy to find as an honest politician..... According to the importers, they are available at Kotwals. Have contacted a couple of Midas & Auto Zones, but they do not stock them.

Assume that you have a one-on-one visit with your Creator quarterly. Now live accordingly.

Bought a set H11's from Takealot. Delivery is expected in the next 2 weeks, which is very long by their own standards.

Assume that you have a one-on-one visit with your Creator quarterly. Now live accordingly.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input... Always appreciated.

Just bought some Crystal Vision off Takealot. Delivery is Tuesday. Hopefully get them fitted Wednesday. Ill give feedback after a couple of drives in different light conditions.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
    Currently in exactly the same situation. Also looking at replacing the H11's, and looking for the Philips bulbs, but they seem to be as easy to find as an honest politician..... According to the importers, they are available at Kotwals. Have contacted a couple of Midas & Auto Zones, but they do not stock them.
    Grandmark seems to do the full Phillips range.

Hi Guys,

Just bought some Crystal Vision off Takealot. Delivery is Tuesday. Hopefully get them fitted Wednesday. Ill give feedback after a couple of drives in different light conditions.

Cheers...
    Can you post a link to the ones you bought please, for each bulb type there's quite a range of different crystal vision bulbs of various specs

Hi Guys,

Cheers...
    Hi Orizon

I realize that this article is from a couple months ago but I am in the same boat now.

Did you end up replacing? If you did, what is your verdict?

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...t=#post3706296

Just done a HID Replacement for a colleague at work on his 2015 KB300.

He says it's the best thing he's ever done with those projector lights.... They really make one massive difference!
    André Jordaan

2016 Ford Ranger 2.2TDCI XL SuperCab 4X2

I've just done something, and I DON'T KNOW what it was!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clouder For This Useful Post: