CSB 100AH Lead battery

Default CSB 100AH Lead battery

Hi guys. Anyone have any experience with using this battery in their system?

Want to fit to my car with intervolt system to run Fridge in the back.

I was just going to get a royal as I need not worry about discharge as charges everyday in car, but the guy who I went to see was trying to sell me CSB. Says itís much better quality and can discharge to 80% rather than 50% as per royal and also dbl the life span.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.
    2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 Auto

Default Re: CSB 100AH Lead battery

I have 8 x CSB 100Ah batteries in my home solar system and they have been going for almost 5 years with no issues. Not sure how long they will last with 80% discharge on a regular basis as the higher the discharge rate, the shorter the number of discharge/charge cycles they can handle.

My experience with the CSB batteries is that they allow for much deeper cycling and more cycles due to being a gel type battery. The CSB batteries I used were also 100% sealed and could be used in any orientation. If you don't mind me asking which supplier did you contact?

I think the last question is important. There is a supplier selling some dud CBS AGM batteries. I bought one and had to return it.
    The actual price is a good indicator as these batteries are quite expensive but great in service.

I now fear I may have bought a dud CSB. Iíd like to know who this ďsupplierĒ is as well, for control.
    04 Discovery II V8 Auto - The Duchess

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hoff View Post
    I now fear I may have bought a dud CSB. Iíd like to know who this ďsupplierĒ is as well, for control.
    Do a load test and see if you can get close to 100Ah say at 5A load after it was fully charged. Mine was bought on takealot. Business is in Jhb.

I havenít had a chance to test it yet, hoping it works!

Thanks for the replies guys. The company is called rsa solar and electric. Hereís their website. http://www.rsasolarandelec.co.za/

Quote Originally Posted by Donlux View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. The company is called rsa solar and electric. Hereís their website. http://www.rsasolarandelec.co.za/
    Bought a 100AH from them. Still need to test it. Really hoping it ainít a dud

https://g.co/kgs/pS1BQy

Check out the reviews. If they donít have your money yet, my advice is stay away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5121.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	516065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5120.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	516066I use Lead Crystal batteries and buy them direct from Deltec. No issues so far after 2 years and I run them flat on a regular basis.

Someone advertised second hand deep cycle batteries here on the forum, I think about 4 years ago. The price was good, and all the batteries read more than 13 volts, so I went ahead and bought one for R 600, which has lived under the bonnet of a Fortuner for about 4 years being chaged by a 12 V DC -12 V DC charger powering a fridge in the boot.

This battery I bought was part of a batch which apparently got replaced after a given period from wherever application they were used. I was led to believe they were between 3 and 4 years old when I bought it. From the writing on the casing I cannot make out what kind of battery it is, except that it is a CSB. This battery is now between 7 and 8 years old. I have just measured the voltage, which is 12.66 volt, 4 hours after the car was switched off, which is about 95% full. At that price I will buy another one tomorrow.
    Youth is such a wonderful thing - what a pity it is being wasted on the young.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hoff View Post
    Bought a 100AH from them. Still need to test it. Really hoping it ainít a dud
    Howzit @The Hof...

Please let me know once you've tested your battery and if it working or not....

Thanks,

Don

Quickly popped the meter on this morning and it was at 12.95V - will connect the fridge tonight and see how it holds up. The battery does have dec 2018 engraved on the top so it might still be new... also looks new still. No signs of use or wear.