Advice on Kruger wilderness trails

Default Advice on Kruger wilderness trails

Hello,

Although I know this is for 4x4, sometimes we like to get out of our vehicle to experience the bush on foot. We are considering to do a wilderness trail in Kruger next Christmas period 2019-2020, wondering if anyone has recommendation for us which trails are good in that season. Or any other tips welcome!

Remco

Default Re: Advice on Kruger wilderness trails

Canít offer you any advice on the Wilderness Trails, but if you change your mind and want info on the backpacking trails in Kruger, Iíve done all three and can give you a couple of good tips.

Not sure of the Wilderness Trails, but I know the backpacking trails close for a few months, I think November to February because of the heat.
    Amarok milk bottle

"So really , you are not so smart , you are a old Oomie that has to much time on his hands" - Christo Meisenheimer

Quote Originally Posted by LandyAndy View Post
    Canít offer you any advice on the Wilderness Trails, but if you change your mind and want info on the backpacking trails in Kruger, Iíve done all three and can give you a couple of good tips.

Not sure of the Wilderness Trails, but I know the backpacking trails close for a few months, I think November to February because of the heat.
    Please advise on the back pack trails ; many thanks , Regards, jayefe

The wilderness 4x4 trails are also closed indefinately due to poaching. Really sad as it was a way to see the park in its most natural form away from other people without tar roads or large dusty dirt roads. You could also get out on the routes and and use a gas braai (for obvious reasons), as long as you are in a clearing where you could see animals approaching, and stay within a few metres of your vehicle.

For walking excursions you can also try the morning and evening bush walks from camp.
    17 Ranger Supercab Tdci
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)