It seems Johan Slabbert has way too much influence on my car buying habits - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: It seems Johan Slabbert has way too much influence on my car buying habits

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    You see it differently to the way I see it.
    They were the keyboard warriors who reverted to insults when their opinions were challenged.
    They all had good knowledge but did not tolerate opposing views.
    I was not necessarily referring to (all) the guys mentioned, but I understand that it could have come across that way. More the fact that people with a different view to the mainstream are pushed aside; or people simply getting hostile towards a poster because they have different viewpoints.
    2006 Isuzu DMax 300Tdi DC 4x4

Default Re: It seems Johan Slabbert has way too much influence on my car buying habits

Quote Originally Posted by walkabout View Post
    I was not necessarily referring to (all) the guys mentioned, but I understand that it could have come across that way. More the fact that people with a different view to the mainstream are pushed aside; or people simply getting hostile towards a poster because they have different viewpoints.
    The problem is when "forum celebrities" start believing their own press and disregard the terms of service. Which is when they start acting like keyboard warriors.

In many cases they only had an audience because of the forum - without their membership here they would have toiled in lonely anonymity like all of us.

Victims of their own hubris in my view.
    "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold."

Default It seems Johan Slabbert has way too much influence on my car buying habits

Keyboard warriors don’t only exist on the open threads, some members try to keep their “image” clean by sending private messages rather than posting on the threads. members that now slander the banned members must remember that they themselves were banned before....
    Last edited by LesseW; 2018/12/09 at 02:51 PM.
    [B]Prado TX 4.0|Rocksliders|Bash Plate|Lift| Bushlapa Miskruier 892 Past: FJ Cruiser Rav4 2.0 (SWAMBO)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LesseW For This Useful Post:

Name:  well...-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  39.7 KB
    Current: 2013 Honda Insight Hybrid CVT
    Ex:
    2005 Volvo XC70 2.5T Geartronic

SWAMBO: 2013 Renault Koleos 2.5 CVT 4x4 Dynamique

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2