Your top multi day 4x4 routes

Default Your top multi day 4x4 routes

Would love some input for you guys.

What are your top picks in Southern Africa of top 4x4 multi day trails. Especially tough track type routes and not touring routes. I have done many touring/overlanding routes, but looking for some more challenging stuff. I have tackled a few trails, but mostly they are loops around a campsite, would prefer routes that take you to different campsites each day.

Thanks a mil!
    2003 D/C Colt 3.0 V6 4x4 - Current Wheels
    2003 Club Cab 2.8Tdi 4x4 - Write off

I would rather push my Jap crap than drive a Landy.

Misto for life!!

Next addition to family- Shorty Paj!

Default Re: Your top multi day 4x4 routes

I believe that the trail I am working on at Klein Pella can be combined with Dinkys Dunes ( https://www.safarinow.com/destinatio...dunes-4x4.aspx ) and Amam Dunes to form a 4-5 day trail with plenty of challenges.
    I have talked to Dinky , he does have a camp site with toilets and shower in the dunes. Klein pella has plenty of camping spots.
    Amam has problems with their boreholes and have closed their camp, but hte route is still open.
    Right next to Amam there is a farmer that has some dunes and an informal camp spot that could serve as stop over for Amam. I have not gone into details with him, but I believe that in the next year or so this could be a possible adition.
    Amam is also not far from "The Road to Hell" on the Namaqua route.

I am rambling a bit as there are a couple of separate routes/trails, but it is possible the combine these routes together into 4-5 day adventure with 3 or 4 camps and plenty of challenging 4x4.

Later in the year I will see if draw up a map of a Route through these and compile a list of all the neccessary contact details.
    Last edited by Bex; 2018/12/08 at 11:36 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bex For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Your top multi day 4x4 routes

Thanks for your input @Bex

Looking forward to your new trail, please keep us updated.

I reckon there are a lot more members that can add value here. Hoping we see some interest for the thread.

Cheers
    2003 D/C Colt 3.0 V6 4x4 - Current Wheels
    2003 Club Cab 2.8Tdi 4x4 - Write off

I would rather push my Jap crap than drive a Landy.

Misto for life!!

Next addition to family- Shorty Paj!