Your top multi day 4x4 routes - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Your top multi day 4x4 routes

Quote Originally Posted by Chasito View Post
    Thanks Karol,

Yes this is in affiliation and management of TFPD (Transfrontier Parks Destinations) ... and they look pretty good too, I am waiting for prices on them, as it is semi - guided.

p.s. - Have you done a trip?
    I personally haven't but my in laws did a few years ago- they said it was great- lions in there camp's at night - moderate off roading - nothing to hectic.

children under 12 not permitted

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Hi, we did the Mafunyane trail through the Kruger. You enter with a ranger and 5 other vehicles. Sleep in a different campsite every night. No electricity or water, have to bring your own. Trail is 4 nights camping, you enter at Phalaborwa and exit at Punda Maria. Was a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Handre82 View Post
    Hi, we did the Mafunyane trail through the Kruger. You enter with a ranger and 5 other vehicles. Sleep in a different campsite every night. No electricity or water, have to bring your own. Trail is 4 nights camping, you enter at Phalaborwa and exit at Punda Maria. Was a great experience.
    Sounds awesome!!!
    Suzuki Jimny 2017
    Radical cups
    Steering damper
    Front Runner roof rack
    Floor board

Interesting thread, I also have an itch for something like this.

The first one that comes to mind is the River Trip that im sure alot on here are aware of. I really hope the stars align for me this year so I can join the guys on this one.
    2004 Nissan Patrol 4.8

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Interesting thread, I also have an itch for something like this.

The first one that comes to mind is the River Trip that I'm sure a lot on here are aware of. I really hope the stars align for me this year so I can join the guys on this one.
    If I come up with anything cool, I will definitely post it on here with the estimated cost, and we can do a trip to make new pals in the community... a couple of beers around a fire after a day on the trail is always good!!
    2014 Pajero Sport 2.5 4x4 - Current wheels
    2003 D/C Colt 3.0 V6 4x4 - Sold to Dad
    2003 Club Cab 2.8Tdi 4x4 - Write off

I would rather push my Jap crap than drive a Landy.

Mitsubishi mad!!

Next addition to family- Shorty Paj!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chasito For This Useful Post:

Also keen to know more about these kind of trails.

There is also Lesotho, lots of it, with lots of tracks, lots of camping, lots of challenges, etc.
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Achilles XMT's in 265/60/18 [Imvubu]

Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    Also keen to know more about these kind of trails.

There is also Lesotho, lots of it, with lots of tracks, lots of camping, lots of challenges, etc.
    Will keep everybody posted!
    I have done a few Lesotho trips, but would like to try some new areas.

Mitsubishi mad!!

The most common problem I have come across is the fuel price , ie the cost to get to the trail and then the trail fee and and and . adds up to be expensive . So I am in this same boat as well . Day trail , sandwalle has just become boring and no challenge , but second common problem is the word challenging , just mention it and you will see the people running from attending as they are not keen to go damage their near million rand 4x4 on a difficult trail . and if you arrange , be sure to go and clear the trail beforehand as the moaner will have you for breakfast if you cant offer them a highway.
    Multi-day self sufficient challenging trails would be like hitting the jackpot . But I dont think they are to be had , not official trails by any account .
    That said , I am keen to go explore . keep me in your contact list .
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

Also interested

Quote Originally Posted by NEON DEON View Post
    The most common problem I have come across is the fuel price , ie the cost to get to the trail and then the trail fee and and and . adds up to be expensive . So I am in this same boat as well . Day trail , sandwalle has just become boring and no challenge , but second common problem is the word challenging , just mention it and you will see the people running from attending as they are not keen to go damage their near million rand 4x4 on a difficult trail . and if you arrange , be sure to go and clear the trail beforehand as the moaner will have you for breakfast if you cant offer them a highway.
    Multi-day self sufficient challenging trails would be like hitting the jackpot . But I dont think they are to be had , not official trails by any account .
    That said , I am keen to go explore . keep me in your contact list .
    Hey Neon Deon
    Thanks for your input here bud.
    Definitely agree with you re: people worried about damaging their rigs. But these are not the type of adventure seekers that would join this type of challenge anyway. I do believe there is a fair amount of us out there that are keen to do these types of trails, and we will eventually get there.
    I have some routes that I have in mind and will start recce'ing later this year when I am done with a current work project. I will post all this information on this thread for any adventure junkies who feel like joining for a good time... keeping in mind that there might be some work needed on the routes- which just freaking excites me to no end- proper pioneering stuff.

Adventure is out there, we just need to find it!

Mitsubishi mad!!

We do multi day trails in the Swaziland, will be expanding it to Lowveld, Lesotho and Mozambique
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3

Quote Originally Posted by castos View Post
    We do multi day trails in the Swaziland, will be expanding it to Lowveld, Lesotho and Mozambique

@Castos, we would love to know more. Website?

Mitsubishi mad!!

@Castos, we would love to know more. Website?
    Let you know, busy redoing it.

Check our FB page. eRGlekker4x4 so long
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3

15. The Following User Says Thank You to castos For This Useful Post:

Interesting thread!
    I have done both 4x4 routes in the KNP and please don't expect a challenge of any kind. I will definitely not recommend the KNP routes if you are searching for a challenge.

In Lesotho you have the Baboons pass (2 days for us but some claimed 1 day was doable for them)- videos available on youtube

A lessor known track is the one to the Venstervalle next to the Richtersveld. Starts at the town Kuboes and join civilisation at Eksteen fontein. This is a solid 2-3 day journey if you camp at the venstervalle (no facilities)

MPW!
    Toyota Landcruiser 200 VX
    Bush Lapa Boskriek (780) - sold December 2018
    Bush Lapa Baobab (1601)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to stofstreep2 For This Useful Post:

I recently did the Mafunyani trail. It was awsome and definately not a suspension wrecker. I am very keen to do a few others. I would love to join other members of this group if possible. It seems the right way to go.

@Chasito

This is exactly what I have been after as well. To do trips that are challenging and have the awesome views with the camping included to do with like minded people and if you damage a panel or scratch your vehicle so be it. Why own a 4wd kitted for the bush and to do challenges but expect it to look like a pavement crawler.

I totally agree with trying with Sanparks or Boskor in Tsitsikama to have access to their maintenance routes for a fee and in the same time keep these tracks clean for them. Kind of like the 4WD Action channel on YouTube.

I will try to see what I can find here in the Eastern cape and would be nice to join trips others on adventures. Looking forward to any further news on trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexkioilos View Post
    I recently did the Mafunyani trail. It was awsome and definately not a suspension wrecker. I am very keen to do a few others. I would love to join other members of this group if possible. It seems the right way to go.
    @Alexkioilos, could you give us more detail on the Mafunyani trail? How were the obstacles? How many days? etc.

Cheers Bud

Mitsubishi mad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
    @Chasito

This is exactly what I have been after as well. To do trips that are challenging and have the awesome views with the camping included to do with like minded people and if you damage a panel or scratch your vehicle so be it. Why own a 4wd kitted for the bush and to do challenges but expect it to look like a pavement crawler.

I totally agree with trying with Sanparks or Boskor in Tsitsikama to have access to their maintenance routes for a fee and in the same time keep these tracks clean for them. Kind of like the 4WD Action channel on YouTube.

I will try to see what I can find here in the Eastern cape and would be nice to join trips others on adventures. Looking forward to any further news on trails.

@Roughneck, shot for the post!
    I'm in the same mindset as you bud. I would rather enjoy the capability of my vehicle, which takes me to many beaut places that many haven't been to, rather than stress about the paint job and a panel. I bought it to use it!!

I'm an avid 4WD Action fan, and this is what I think we need to recreate in SA. The camping, 4x4 industry is not as large as it should be in SA and I believe it's to restrictions out of our power. But those of us that may have contacts to open up these type of trails, this would benefit the industry massively. I am currently working on a few, but having a full-time job doesn't make the process easy.

I dream of one day being able to explore this beautiful country and find some hidden tracks to share with all the guys that want to do it.

Everybody on here should keep us posted if any cool trails pop up.

Chase

Mitsubishi mad!!

@Roughneck, shot for the post!
    I'm in the same mindset as you bud. I would rather enjoy the capability of my vehicle, which takes me to many beaut places that many haven't been to, rather than stress about the paint job and a panel. I bought it to use it!!

I'm an avid 4WD Action fan, and this is what I think we need to recreate in SA. The camping, 4x4 industry is not as large as it should be in SA and I believe it's to restrictions out of our power. But those of us that may have contacts to open up these type of trails, this would benefit the industry massively. I am currently working on a few, but having a full-time job doesn't make the process easy.

I dream of one day being able to explore this beautiful country and find some hidden tracks to share with all the guys that want to do it.

Everybody on here should keep us posted if any cool trails pop up.

Chase
    That would be awesome. I also don't miss an episode of 4WD action, I am always on awe of them and so jealous at what they have at their disposal wrt tracks and camping. Some of the best camping spots close to or on the beach.

I fully agree that this is not near exploited enough in RSA. There are wide open spaces in parts of our country that would be great for these type of trips.
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

Wild Coast Eco Trail in the eastern cape... Best of both worlds...technical with lots of river crossing and Overland/Touring gravel, mountain passes and ocean. Takes minimum 6 days...

Oh I didn't do the entire trail cause I thought it was going to be mostly overlanding and after loosing my read light, back bumper, deep paint scratches, bent bashplate and fuel tank... I QUIT AFTER 2 DAYS of eight hours driving per day with wife and 1 year old son. I was given a choice...if I want to stay married we should use the main road far inland and long and boring or stay on the trail and be served with divorce paper at the end of trail.

Well I am still married but I vowed to retain and concur this trail someday so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast