Safest towns in South Africa - Page 3




Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Wall
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanked: 1475

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Fan View Post
    Anybody with feedback on Jeffreysbay? I am looking at retiring there. Went there on holiday and was impressed. Clean town, DA run. Seems safe.
    JBay is great. As any small town it has its share of issues. If you want to retire down here I suggest you look at buying in the Marina or in Paradise Beach, or if you want to spend a bit more St Francis is also an option.

    Now there will be people commenting that to get to the Marina or PB you have to drive past Pellsrus/Oceanview and that the road is sometimes cordoned off with burning tyres and blah blah blah - I have lived here for 2 years and it has never been an inconvenience - there is a gravel road that bypass the township area and it is a nice game drive with rhino, buffalo, giraffe etc.

    However home security in the Marina and in PB is among the best in SA, PB has just installed a high tech camera system to monitor all the access roads to the area and has a VERY active "buurtwag". And as PB is the end of the road there is no reason for people to trek through the area. Also with the sea on one side and a "vleiland" on the other it is very challenging for criminal elements to get away should they steal stuff.

    I honestly feel PB and the Marina is the best kept most affordable secret in SA. Please do not tell anyone...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6713.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	512572

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6730.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	512573

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00506.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	512574
    Last edited by Rainier Vermaak; 2018/12/07 at 08:32 PM.
    "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold."




  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:


  3. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanked: 762

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Ranger View Post
    Interesting, seems like Orania could be judged to be the safest.

    I've heard good things about Clanwilliam and Vredendal as well.
    I reckon safest town is Paddock. No murders, no break-ins, no hi-jackings. Nothing. The local police plays Monopoly while waiting for someone to commit a crime.
    Last edited by Bosvark Kzn; 2018/12/07 at 08:10 PM.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Touwsriver
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Touwrivier

    Discovery D3 tdv6 SE, Roofrack(FR)
    Drawer system(DIY), Airflow Snorkel
    Disco East Rods, National Luna Splitcharger,bashplate

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,545
    Thanked: 507

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Victoria West
    FJC - Just Cruising

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanked: 762

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Seems like there's a lot of safe towns in this country. And then people still complain about how dangerous it is to live in S.A.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    818
    Thanked: 680

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    Seems like there's a lot of safe towns in this country. And then people still complain about how dangerous it is to live in S.A.
    Wow! Really?!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SAND For This Useful Post:


  9. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Modderfontein, naby Rysmierbult
    Age
    74
    Posts
    4,653
    Thanked: 514

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Let's not fool ourselves ... ZA is not safe anymore.

    Not even Orania .. can be taken anytime.
    Johan Mitchell, .... r.i.v. Swambo Marthie

    My beste kennis is diť oor my eie onkunde

    '96 Colt DC V8 ... Safari Camper ... '88 Fleetline L
    '88 Ballade 150.
    "The rule here is that there is no rule" .. MikeAG

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Helderkruin
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,629
    Thanked: 285

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Betta View Post
    Orania hands down. If you've been there you'll know what I mean.
    Sal nie eers verniet daar wil gaan bly nie was daar gewees en genoeg gesien .

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Simons Town
    Posts
    609
    Thanked: 881

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Jongensfontein, L'Agulhas,Struisbaai and Montagu. We spent some time in these towns recently and found them to be exceptionally clean and safe.
    Things just seemed to work.

  12. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanked: 762

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    Wow! Really?!
    Was meant to be tic😀

  13. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midvaal
    Age
    44
    Posts
    232
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Venter View Post
    Sal nie eers verniet daar wil gaan bly nie was daar gewees en genoeg gesien .
    Sounds a bit gloomy. Care to share a bit?
    Pajero 4 LWB
    The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging (Warren Buffet)

  14. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    380
    Thanked: 165

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    JBay is great. As any small town it has its share of issues. If you want to retire down here I suggest you look at buying in the Marina or in Paradise Beach, or if you want to spend a bit more St Francis is also an option.

    Now there will be people commenting that to get to the Marina or PB you have to drive past Pellsrus/Oceanview and that the road is sometimes cordoned off with burning tyres and blah blah blah - I have lived here for 2 years and it has never been an inconvenience - there is a gravel road that bypass the township area and it is a nice game drive with rhino, buffalo, giraffe etc.

    However home security in the Marina and in PB is among the best in SA, PB has just installed a high tech camera system to monitor all the access roads to the area and has a VERY active "buurtwag". And as PB is the end of the road there is no reason for people to trek through the area. Also with the sea on one side and a "vleiland" on the other it is very challenging for criminal elements to get away should they steal stuff.

    I honestly feel PB and the Marina is the best kept most affordable secret in SA. Please do not tell anyone...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6713.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	512572

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6730.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	512573

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00506.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	512574
    Have to disagree with you. Yes it's allot more affordable in PB, however it feels a bit "out of town" ... so everything is a commute, not an hour, but I would think it can be inconvenient. Just my opinion

    Yes every town has it's petty crime, but most of the stats that were posted earlier are from the Pellsrus / Oceanview settlement, those oakes get rowdy after a dop or two, but because crime can ruin a small town's reputation quickly, the police clamp down on the offenders very hard., no exceptions. If you don't take your safety for granted and leave or sleep with doors wide open, you will be perfectly fine. My parents have owned houses there for 20 years and retired to Jbay full time 6 years ago.

    Oh and of course, if you don't mind wind you will be fine

  15. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Wall
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanked: 1475

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Have to disagree with you. Yes it's allot more affordable in PB, however it feels a bit "out of town" ... so everything is a commute, not an hour, but I would think it can be inconvenient. Just my opinion

    Yes every town has it's petty crime, but most of the stats that were posted earlier are from the Pellsrus / Oceanview settlement, those oakes get rowdy after a dop or two, but because crime can ruin a small town's reputation quickly, the police clamp down on the offenders very hard., no exceptions. If you don't take your safety for granted and leave or sleep with doors wide open, you will be perfectly fine. My parents have owned houses there for 20 years and retired to Jbay full time 6 years ago.

    Oh and of course, if you don't mind wind you will be fine
    I can reach any point in Jbay within 15 minutes and I am closer to StF than JBay as the crow flies.

    But yes, a 15 minute commute is a terrible price for affordable housing, owls, turtles, lots of buck, grey mongoose, flamingos, virtually zero crime and the best beaches in SA.
    "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold."




  16. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gauteng
    Age
    37
    Posts
    504
    Thanked: 1291

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    I can reach any point in Jbay within 15 minutes and I am closer to StF than JBay as the crow flies.

    But yes, a 15 minute commute is a terrible price for affordable housing, owls, turtles, lots of buck, grey mongoose, flamingos, virtually zero crime and the best beaches in SA.
    You want to buy my stand there? Nobody wants to...Its been a terrible investment returns wise.

  17. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    674
    Thanked: 709

    Default Re: Safest towns in South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    I can reach any point in Jbay within 15 minutes and I am closer to StF than JBay as the crow flies.

    But yes, a 15 minute commute is a terrible price for affordable housing, owls, turtles, lots of buck, grey mongoose, flamingos, virtually zero crime and the best beaches in SA.
    My parents retired in Oyster Bay. Now that is a drive away from anything, but yet they love it.

    If the gravel road (which is really bad at times) is not for you, maybe consider Cape St Francis - down the road from the very larney St Francis Bay and really picturesque. Not sure about crime though, but there don't seem to be any issues around the area.
    Stephan
    "All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •