New metal VIN plate for trailer?

Default New metal VIN plate for trailer?

Hi everyone

I recently purchased a trailer, but when I went to put it through the road worthy test we identified that the GVM on the metal plate on the trailer does not agree to the GVM as per the license.

The license documents state that the GVM is 650kg, but the metal plate with the VIN number and weights states that the GVM is 700. It must be 650kg, as that is the max that I'm allowed to tow with my car. The VIN number on the metal plate, trailer frame and license does agree.

I live in Alberton, and I'm looking for a place nearby that can make a new metal plate reflecting the correct weight. I suppose there is a standard plate and then they just press the details on it. I have contacted the trailer manufacturer, but I think that it will just be easier to get it done myself.

Please let me know if there is a place in/near Alberton where I can get it done.

Regards

Default Re: New metal VIN plate for trailer?

Not near Alberton but BURQUIP in Jet Park, Boksburg have trailer data plates for R30-00. You just need to have the engraving of the information done.
    2008 SUZUKI GRAND VITARA 2,4 A/T
    WIZERD LIFT KIT, WIZERD BASH PLATES,
    WIZERD TRANSFER CASE PROTECTOR,
    WIZERD ROCKSLIDERS, 235/65/17 BRIDGESTONE A/T
    1984 SUZUKI SJ 410

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    Not near Alberton but BURQUIP in Jet Park, Boksburg have trailer data plates for R30-00. You just need to have the engraving of the information done.
    Thanks for the info. Jet Park is luckily not so far from me, so I'll go buy one after work today. And then I just need to take the plate to someone that can engrave it for me. As long as the information on the data plate agrees to the license, there shouldn't be an issue to put it through the road worthy test to get it onto my name.

Regards

Ozosborne is in Alberton