Help to design a route on M4A please

Default Help to design a route on M4A please

I am trying to plot a route on T4A and I am experiencing some problems. I can do the basic route layout for everyday, but I cannot make changes and there are parts of the route where T4A would not allow me to go, and keeps on plotting detours thousands of kilometers long. We will be going n safari in three weeks time and I would really appreciate it if someone in the Kenridge, Kenever, Durbanville area can send me a PM if it will be possible for them to assist me. Thank you very much in advance.

Default Re: Help to design a route on M4A please

I presume you are using Garmin Base Camp on your PC to plot your route?

If so go to Edit - Settings - Activity profile.
    Here you can specify how it must route - only tarred roads, avoid gravel etc. You can stipulate what roads it must avoid.
    Last edited by Paul Dold; 2018/12/02 at 05:16 PM.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    I presume you are using Garmin Base Camp on your PC to plot your route?

If so go to Edit - Settings - Activity profile.
    Here you can specify how it must route - only tarred roads, avoid gravel etc. You can stipulate what roads it must avoid.
    Thanks Paul, much obliged. I appreciate your advice and, yes, it is in Garmin Base Camp on an iMac that Iím trying to plot. Iíll follow your advice and let you know what happened. Just a question: I set a route from Durbanville to Ai-Ais and then decided to change it from Durbanville to Hobas, but I cannot get that route to change on Base Camp. Furthermore, how do I make a route from a series of pins or points that I have placed along a planned route in the desert?

If you open your route (see pic) and just delete the aiAis entry that should do it. Just right click Aiais when your cursor is over it and then press delete. (When you right click a box will open up for cut paste delete etc).

At the bottom of the pic there is a button Recalculate which will recalc everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam16 View Post
    Thanks Paul, much obliged. I appreciate your advice and, yes, it is in Garmin Base Camp on an iMac that I’m trying to plot. I’ll follow your advice and let you know what happened. Just a question: I set a route from Durbanville to Ai-Ais and then decided to change it from Durbanville to Hobas, but I cannot get that route to change on Base Camp. Furthermore, how do I make a route from a series of pins or points that I have placed along a planned route in the desert?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Paul Dold; 2018/12/02 at 06:47 PM.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Garmin has several helpful videos on its web site:

https://support.garmin.com/en-ZA/ql/?focus=videos

And You Tube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rmin+base+camp

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    Garmin has several helpful videos on its web site:

https://support.garmin.com/en-ZA/ql/?focus=videos

And You Tube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rmin+base+camp
    Thanks Paul, will have a look when we have power again!