LA Sport Profender Suspension

Default LA Sport Profender Suspension

Good day,

I am going to upgrade the suspension on my 2015 Hilux Dbl Cab.

My mind was set on installing EFS, however, the shipment is delayed due to customs, so will probably only be available at my installer in Jan 2019.

He has offered me an alternative and that is LA Sport Profender.

How does this suspension compare to EFS? Should I install LA Sport now or would it be worth it to wait another month to install the EFS?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Default Re: LA Sport Profender Suspension

Why would you buy a suspension from a one man SA Shop while you can get a variety of suspensions from well known suppliers, mostly Australian to the world?

OME, EFS, Ironman, Dobinsons etc

I my eyes Dobinsons is the best available from N1 4x4 in Pretoria and still fully made in Australia unlike most others which are made in China.

If you go for a SA setup look at Milkem where they use Bilstein Shocks. http://mikemsuspensions.co.za/

But Profender from a shop who has changed from OME to EFS and now market their own brand, I don't know?
    Last edited by PierredW; 2018/12/03 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks, will look into it.

I have the Pro Fender suspension on my ranger and I can only speak highly of it. I have put it through its paces in extreme conditions, heavy towing and some really hard driving and it has behaved perfectly. Plus the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty is worth it too. And I have 35 tyres fitted as well.

So with that added unsprung weight it handles it just fine.

Talk to the guys at Maniac 4x4 in Cape Town about the LAS Profender, sure they will be able to sort you out.

Kind Regards

Thanks, Mark from Maniac is fitting it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
    I have the Pro Fender suspension on my ranger and I can only speak highly of it. I have put it through its paces in extreme conditions, heavy towing and some really hard driving and it has behaved perfectly. Plus the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty is worth it too. And I have 35 tyres fitted as well.
    Hi Roughnek,

Do you have the remote reservoir shocks and a 4 inch lift? If so, how does your vehicle tow with it on highway wrt fuel economy and stability.

Prado 120 4.0
    Jimny A/T
    GL500

Hi Mr MMG,

No I do not have the remote reservoir shocks. Looking at upgrading to that model soon. I have the profender longer shocks and suspension spacers in front and longer shackles and shocks in the back with the upgraded leaf springs. That is just over 2 inches lift with another 3 inches with the tyres diameter added.

I will be honest it is not very economical with the lift and tyres. One requires more right foot to maintain momentum on the open road especially towing and due to the size more pressure on the brake pedal to have the same braking distance as compared to when it was standard wheels. The stability is very good and it is very surefooted. I am not really concerned with fuel economy and will look at the Ford performance upgrade early next year, but the added capabilities and performance off road and lets be honest the awesome look it has does make it worth it for me.

It has a lot of presence on the road.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post: