Migration to Australia - Page 19

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Default Re: Migration to Australia

Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    Yes, this website shows you the options, without the requirements... You need to go to each individual state's website to see their requirements... Here they will tell you that you need to be onshore, or you need to be currently working in Aus, etc. etc.

I spent sometime looking at the various state requirements for electronics engineer today, man you really are in a tough spot! Out of interest is there no possibility of getting a positive skills assessment in a closely aligned engineering occupation (I have not idea about the different types of engineering so apologies if it is a stupid questions) where some of the requirements may be easier to meet?

If anything other than the 189 is looking pretty unlikely you can also look at breaking the visa down into different parts (similar to the using NZ as a stepping stone). This is what I did to get my PR. I was on a temporary visa with very little chance of PR in my previous role in Melbourne (I hated the job so didn't want to stay in it to get PR and much like you my occupation made it difficult). In the end I had to find a job in Hobart and live here for 3 months then I was able to apply for a 190 sponsored by Tasmania.

Anyway the point of the story is there are still options - for example you may well be able to find a job in Sydney. I assume you are fairly highly skilled and you would be surprised at how many companies are willing to sponsor the right candidate on a 2 year visa. Pretty much all my South African friends in Aus moved with jobs already lined up and a number of them on company sponsored visas. If you could find a role in Sydney, after a year it would be pretty simple to apply for the NSW sponsored 190.

Below is a link to a search I did on Seek for Electronics Engineering jobs in Sydney (Im sure you have already done this but just in case).
    https://www.seek.com.au/electronics-...All-Sydney-NSW

good luck!

(Also apologies if I am just telling you what you already know)
    Last edited by Duggen; 2020/01/14 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggen View Post
    I spent sometime looking at the various state requirements for electronics engineer today, man you really are in a tough spot! Out of interest is there no possibility of getting a positive skills assessment in a closely aligned engineering occupation (I have not idea about the different types of engineering so apologies if it is a stupid questions) where some of the requirements may be easier to meet?If anything other than the 189 is looking pretty unlikely you can also look at breaking the visa down into different parts (similar to the using NZ as a stepping stone). This is what I did to get my PR. I was on a temporary visa with very little chance of PR in my previous role in Melbourne (I hated the job so didn't want to stay in it to get PR and much like you my occupation made it difficult). In the end I had to find a job in Hobart and live here for 3 months then I was able to apply for a 190 sponsored by Tasmania.Anyway the point of the story is there are still options - for example you may well be able to find a job in Sydney. I assume you are fairly highly skilled and you would be surprised at how many companies are willing to sponsor the right candidate on a 2 year visa. Pretty much all my South African friends in Aus moved with jobs already lined up and a number of them on company sponsored visas. If you could find a role in Sydney, after a year it would be pretty simple to apply for the NSW sponsored 190.Below is a link to a search I did on Seek for Electronics Engineering jobs in Sydney (Im sure you have already done this but just in case). https://www.seek.com.au/electronics-...All-Sydney-NSWgood luck!(Also apologies if I am just telling you what you already know)
    No worries and THANKS for the input... Any input is welcomed at this stage... With a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR), I might be able to change my skill to a "Plant and Production Engineer"... But I see that even these guys are struggling... Also, I don't look forward to do a CDR report

2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 6 Auto Diesel
    Lynx Bashplate

DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box

Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    No worries and THANKS for the input... Any input is welcomed at this stage... With a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR), I might be able to change my skill to a "Plant and Production Engineer"... But I see that even these guys are struggling... Also, I don't look forward to do a CDR report
    Just out of interest what is your partner's skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggen View Post
    Just out of interest what is your partner's skill?
    Hahahahaha… That's EVEN WORSE !!!! Accountant

Lynx Bashplate

DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide

What to do with wooden items? We have a cot that is in our family from 1947, and a wooden “tractor” bed which we would like to take with, when the time arrives. Hoe nou (dan) gemaak?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfisher View Post
    What to do with wooden items? We have a cot that is in our family from 1947, and a wooden “tractor” bed which we would like to take with, when the time arrives. Hoe nou (dan) gemaak?
    Varnish or oil it... then it is seen as treated Doesn't seem like people are getting too much issues with wooden furniture though...

Lynx Bashplate

DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide

So this will be fine?

So this will be fine?
    Yes, that wil be fine... It's not "untreated" wood...

Lynx Bashplate

DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide

Default Migration to Australia

We have a pair of wooden fish we bought on the beach in Moz, exactly the type of thing they worry about. We just added some felt underneath so they looked like store bought. No issues. My house is full of wood we brought over. Just don’t pack braai wood, or seed pods, or pine cones in your Christmas decorations.

All this came in the container.
    Last edited by BruceB; 2020/01/15 at 01:40 AM.

[QUOTE=Duggen;4303982]Also it is possible to get a job in Aus without a visa, it's tough but possible.

Please elaborate on this, I am looking at Australia or Canada, needs to make a call and apply by next week. I am in IT (Project Management), for both countries, my role falls on high skill list.

I think Bassfisher’s comments gives me hope that the Skilled Work Regional (491) can deliver, I also attended Australian Migration conference last year (October), the agent reckon the 491 is the way to go though it restricts you to certain region for some time, I have no issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mura View Post

Please elaborate on this, I am looking at Australia or Canada, needs to make a call and apply by next week. I am in IT (Project Management), for both countries, my role falls on high skill list.

I think Bassfisher’s comments gives me hope that the Skilled Work Regional (491) can deliver, I also attended Australian Migration conference last year (October), the agent reckon the 491 is the way to go though it restricts you to certain region for some time, I have no issue with this.

Hi Mura,

I was just highlighting that Australian employers do sponsor visas for the right candidates. I think that often people will see something like the need to be living in NSW in order to get NSW sponsorship for a 190 and assume it is therefore not possible. However, it may well be popssible to get a job in NSW and get an employer to sponsor one on a short term visa and then once in Aus one could apply for the PR.

Its obviously a lot more difficult and first prize would always be to get PR off the bat, but there are always options. Also I often see it noted that its impossible to get a job in Aus unless one is in Aus.... In my experience this is not the case. While it is difficult, I have seen a number of people get jobs before they move across.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Duggen; 2020/01/16 at 12:32 AM.

I had EOIs submitted for 189 and 190 (with NSW sponsorship). The 190 was successful. I have just secured a job in Sydney starting 1 July. Handed in my resignation this past week. Just received a quote for a full 20ft container to ship to Sydney. It's all happening quite fast!

I can say though - if you are ok with the cost, a good immigration consultant makes the process much easier. I was impressed by the service they gave us.

My BIL is now applying for the 190 or the new regional visas that were recently announced (491 and 494) - using the same consultant.
    Last edited by mic_zw; 2020/01/19 at 05:57 PM.
    Michael
    2007 Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    Every statement I make comes with the proviso that I don't know what i'm talking about.
    “It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” – Hugh Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by mic_zw View Post
    I had EOIs submitted for 189 and 190 (with NSW sponsorship). The 190 was successful. I have just secured a job in Sydney starting 1 July. Handed in my resignation this past week. Just received a quote for a full 20ft container to ship to Sydney. It's all happening quite fast!

I can say though - if you are ok with the cost, a good immigration consultant makes the process much easier. I was impressed by the service they gave us.

My BIL is now applying for the 190 or the new regional visas that were recently announced (491 and 494) - using the same consultant.
    congrats! Are you able to share who your consultants are?

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Congrats Mic_zw, good luck with everything
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

The start of an awesome, scary, exciting, challenging, rewarding journey! I’m almost jealous. The chance to reboot your life. If you had any “New Years resolutions” the 1 July would be the time to really start them. New places to investigate and explore.

Congrats

Have a great adventure; like all adventures it will have its tough times I guess.

Are you able to share which consultants you used please?

Congrats and all the best!

Well done on securing a job before you move.... that will make things much much easier! Is it a lecturing job or have you had to move to corporate (hope I am remembering correctly here)?

Im stuck with some paperwork. We are applying for the 491 visa. Form 80 and Form 1221. On the 1221 they ask for info for your details of your journey to aus. Question 34. I am not sure what info I need to supply, as we are applying for a visa, and have not yet applied for it... which option do I pick? This option will determine the next couple of questions (35-42).

Question 43 are also not clear as we are not intending to depart Aus again after we arrive there.

Please assist if possible.

Last step of the process:

Now to swop the stopport for a passport.

Well done BruceB.
    Australia Day get a whole new meaning after this ceremony.

We did Australia Day like the locals.... go camping and have a sundowner at the beach

No more Jeeps for me for a while.
    2009 Ford Ranger PK 3.0

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast