Newbie from Amsterdam (Holland)

Default Newbie from Amsterdam (Holland)

Hi all,

I'm new to this community, but since I expect to post some questions in the (near) future, let me introduce myself.

Ronald (currently 38 yo), from The Netherlands, and (together with Simone) we had our first 4x4 - safari experience last year. We rented a Toyota Hilux 4x4 and drove 10 weeks through Namibia and Botswana. Amongst others, we visited Kgalagadi, Etosha, Epupa Falls, Mamili NP, Chobe, Khwai, Nxai pans and CKGR. We had the best time, both enjoying the views and the wildlife, as well as driving the 4x4 through some remote areas. We are still really new to the whole 4x4 travelling, but we want to do it more often and maybe purchase our own vehicle in the future.

Next year we have planned a 4 week trip to Zimbabwe, visiting Hwange and Mana pools. I am currently planning the whole trip and I expect to post some questions regarding routes, border crossings etc. to the region's board. I see that this community is really active, so I think I will get my answers there for sure.

Thanks a lot in advance, I will of course share our experiences once we get back (which will be in July 2019)

Cheers!
    Ronald

IMG_4881.JPG
    Last edited by rleenstra; 2018/11/27 at 12:32 AM.

Default Re: Newbie from Amsterdam (Holland)

Welcome and enjoy your stay on this great forum.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duncang For This Useful Post:

Welcome. I am sure you will find Zimbabwe just as rewarding. Members are always happy to help with well-researched and well-directed queries.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

TransAfrica 2015/2016 blog www.slowdonkey.com OR http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Welcome Ronald,

chat to the guy who posted above me, you could not ask for more experience and help.
    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    ZX14

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:

Welcome Ronald and Simone!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Christoff For This Useful Post:

Welcome Ronald enjoy
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

Welcome guys! I had a chuckle at your topic, with the word Holland in brackets, probably for the benefit of those who know your country as Holland, and not the Netherlands.

But you are forgiven, as coming from the province of Holland, you probably consider that the rightful name of the Netherlands. Your neighbours in the other provinces might disagree

With 10 weeks under the belt already, you will have seen and experienced quite a bit already. Many of us take a few years to get 10 weeks there. Hope to hear about your travels so far, and hopefully many more.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    Welcome guys! I had a chuckle at your topic, with the word Holland in brackets, probably for the benefit of those who know your country as Holland, and not the Netherlands.

But you are forgiven, as coming from the province of Holland, you probably consider that the rightful name of the Netherlands. Your neighbours in the other provinces might disagree

With 10 weeks under the belt already, you will have seen and experienced quite a bit already. Many of us take a few years to get 10 weeks there. Hope to hear about your travels so far, and hopefully many more.

I suspect that the reason for (Holland) was to not confuse from Amsterdan in Mpumalanga situated just east of Ermelo
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post: