F1 - 2019

Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2019

Default F1 - 2019

So 2018 is done and duster, with mercedes AMG very dominant.

Let's start throwing ideas around for 2019.

First of all the teams:

Mercedes AMG

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Valterri Botas

Ferrari:

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Charles Leclerqc

Red Bull Racing (Honda engines):

• Max Verstappen
    • Pierre Gasley

Renault:

• Dan Ricciardo
    • Nico Hulkenberg

Haas (Ferrari engines):

• Romain Grosjean
    • Kevin Magnussen

McLaren (Renault engines):

• Carlos Sainz Jr.
    • Lando Norris

Sauber (Ferrari engines):
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Antonio Giovinazzi

Red Bull Toro Rosso Racing (Honda engines):
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Alexander Albon

(what was Force India) (Mercedes AMG engines):
    • Sergio Perez
    • TBA

Williams (Mercedes AMG engines):

• Robert Kubica
    • George Russell

Probable races:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019 F1 Races.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	511023

Changes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_F...d_Championship)

Technical regulations

In a bid to improve overtaking, teams agreed to a series of aerodynamic changes that affect the profile of the front and rear wings. The front wing endplates are expected to be reshaped to alter the airflow across the car and reduce the effects of aerodynamic turbulence. The slot in the rear wing is expected to be widened, making the Drag Reduction System more powerful.[43] The agreed-upon changes were drawn from the findings of a working group set up to investigate potential changes to the technical regulations in preparation for the 2021 championship.
    Parts of the technical regulations governing bodywork are planned to be rewritten in a bid to promote sponsorship opportunities for teams.[44] The agreed changes are to mandate smaller bargeboards and limit aerodynamic development of the rear wing end planes to create more space for sponsor logos. The changes were introduced as a response to falling revenues amid teams and the struggles of smaller teams to secure new sponsors.
    The mandated maximum fuel levels are due to be raised from 105 kg (231.5 lb) to 110 kg (242.5 lb) so as to minimise the need for drivers to conserve fuel during a race.[45][note 3] Driver weights are due to no longer be considered when measuring the minimum weight of the car. This change was agreed to following concerns that drivers were being forced to lose dangerous amounts weight in order to offset the additional weight of the post-2014 generation of turbo-hybrid engines.[45] Drivers must weigh at least 80 kg (176.4 lb); any driver that does not make this minimum will be given ballast to make up the difference. This ballast is expected to be located around the seat. The changes were introduced to prevent drivers with a naturally-smaller body shape from having an advantage over taller and heavier drivers.[46]
    Driver safety

The FIA introduced a new standard for driver helmets designed to improve safety. Under the new standard, helmets will be subjected to a more thorough range of crash tests aimed at improving energy absorption and deflection as well as reducing the likelihood of objects penetrating the helmet's structure. All certified helmet manufacturers must pass the tests in advance of the 2019 championship to have their certification renewed. Once introduced to Formula One, the new standard will gradually be applied to all helmets used by competitors in every FIA-sanctioned event.[47]
    Tyres

Tyre supplier Pirelli plan on renaming their range of tyres following a request from the FIA and the sport's management. The governing body argued that the naming conventions used in 2018 were obtuse and difficult for casual spectators to understand.[48][49] Under the new plan, the names given to particular compounds (hypersoft, ultrasoft, supersoft, soft, medium and hard) will disappear, to be replaced by referring during each race to the three compounds teams have available for that race as soft, medium and hard. This is hoped to aid fans understanding the tyre compounds used at each round. The actual compounds for the season will be referred to by number to the teams, with "1" being the firmest. With the total number of compounds for the season likely to be reduced to five, "5" would be the softest tyre, although having six compounds remains a possibility, with the final number to be determined following post-season testing (seven compounds were technically available in 2018, although as expected the "superhard" tyre was never used). Pirelli will continue to decide on three of the compounds to be made available for each race. Similarly, the current practice of using different colors to refer to the specific compound (such as pink for the hypersoft) will be discontinued, with white, yellow and red being used for the three compounds available for each race. [50][51]
    Last edited by 4eTouareg; 2018/11/28 at 08:41 AM.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4eTouareg For This Useful Post:

Default Re: F1 - 2019

I believe you can safely pen Lance Stroll as teammate for Sergio Perez, come 2019. Do not know if the Force India name will remain. Doubt it.

Do we then rather carry on with this thread and bank F1 - 2018?

Mooi bly.

Although we would all like to see Honda engines performing their recent past has been dismal. Should they be on par with MB and the red horse we will see great racing and a year to look forward to. Max can be the one to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    I believe you can safely pen Lance Stroll as teammate for Sergio Perez, come 2019. Do not know if the Force India name will remain. Doubt it.

Do we then rather carry on with this thread and bank F1 - 2018?

Mooi bly.
    Thay have been racing under "Racing Point Force India" since the takover in August so as to keep racing, no news on 2019 as I know off.
    Last edited by meh; 2018/11/26 at 11:46 AM.
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

I think the driver weight rule is bugger up

Now you will have 1 driver that weight 80 because he is more muscular and longer than another driver weighing in at 60

They should rather have increased the minimum car weight bu 20KG which would have forced the teams to weight if their cars and drivers weigh less
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post

Now you will have 1 driver that weight 80 because he is more muscular and longer than another driver weighing in at 60

They should rather have increased the minimum car weight bu 20KG which would have forced the teams to weight if their cars and drivers weigh less
    The new rules level the playing field.
    Driver + ballast (in cockpit) = 80kg
    I can't see a problem with that.

Weight (from the heaviest to the lightest):
    Roberto Merhi 76kg (167 lbs) (Who dat?)
    Nico Hulkenberg 74kg
    Jenson Button 72kg
    Valtteri Bottas 70kg
    Marcus Ericsson 69kg
    Fernando Alonso 68kg
    Romain Grosjean 68kg
    Felipe Nasr 67kg (148 lbs)
    Max Verstappen 67kg
    Nico Rosberg 67kg
    Lewis Hamilton 66kg
    Daniel Ricciardo 66kg
    Pastor Maldonado 66kg
    Carlos Sainz 66kg
    Daniil Kvyat 64kg
    Sebastian Vettel 64kg
    Kimi Raikkonen 63kg
    Will Stevens 63kg
    Sergio Perez 63kg
    Felipe Massa 59kg (130 lbs)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1 drivers weight.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	511075
    Last edited by 4eTouareg; 2018/11/26 at 01:57 PM.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi

No, new rule gives a minimum weight for driver, if a driver is lighter you must add ballast but importantly they have specified where the ballast must be added (in the cockpit)

Previously a light driver could add ballast anywhere in the car to improve the balance of the car and therefore have an advantage over a heavier driver even if the cars ended up weighing the same.
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Ah ok cool that is fine then
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Ah ok cool that is fine then
    They tried something like this before with the rules stating drivers will be weighed at the start of the season. FIA was surprised that all the drivers suddenly picked up weight form the previous season with a certain Mr Schumacher picking up 8kg between seasons.
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Thay have been racing under "Racing Point Force India" since the takover in August so as to keep racing, no news on 2019 as I know off.
    There was some legal issue that prevented dropping off "Force India" in the middle of the season. Next year they should be able to rename the car.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:

meh

Alexander Albon has been confirmed as the 2nd Torro Rosso driver - OP edited

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    There was some legal issue that prevented dropping off "Force India" in the middle of the season. Next year they should be able to rename the car.
    It's because prize money gets allocated per team name. If they changed the team name, they will forfeit the points. Hence, keeping the name for the season. This was the legal issue.
    Sent from my iPhone

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

meh

I'm sticking my neck out and predict that Sauber will beat Renault the next season and have one podium. The latter highly unlikely but you never know :-)

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    I'm sticking my neck out and predict that Sauber will beat Renault the next season and have one podium. The latter highly unlikely but you never know :-)
    I would expect Renault to have a competitive engine for 2019 - more so than Honda!

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    I would expect Renault to have a competitive engine for 2019 - more so than Honda!
    It sounds like the Honda is going to have power, but that reliability is still a question mark - really hope they can sort themselves out as I would love to see Max fighting it out with Seb, Charles and Lewis for the championship.

Can't throw Gasly away either - that mannetjie doesn't stand back and I think there are going to be some sparks between him and his teammate next year!

Wasn't Mark Webber one of the heavier drivers around ? Remember reading an article where he was complaining about a rule change disadvantaging him. From what I saw on YouTube, the reason Force India kept the name and points is because the name of the team must be comprised of the chassis name. Even though the team had new owners they were still using the same chassis or something like that. Channel name is Chainbear F! I think.

It seems we are in the season for making predictions / statements and, or wishes concerning the 2019 season. Allow me a couple of very bold statements.

LeClerc will not (yet) join the title hunt in 2019. He is good but will have to find his feet at Ferrari and this will take at least a season. This assuming Mr Arrivabene can keep the show heading in the right direction.

If Lewis had the measure of Bottas
    this season, this was just a preamble to next year when he will break him completely.

Honda will have horsepower equal or better than Renault. Danny R will still deeply regret his move from Red Bull. Even no 2 at Red Bull will better than equal status at Renault.

If Honda can get their HP within sniffing distance of Merc / Ferrari, Max will be competing for the championship. He has extra HP in his right foot that " flows" into the car.

McLaren should be able to protect their position at the back of the grid or thereabouts, although they will encounter stiff opposition from Williams for this spot.

Kubica's return - and I rate him highly, will be a massive disappointment for his fans. He is not picking up where he left off.

Kimi will get a 3rd at Monaco.

Claire Williams will leave.

Seb will not be WC.

Ross Brawn will keep on talking too much.

Ole Bernie will again get younger.

Alonso will win everything he competes in and will keep on critisizing F1 everytime he sees a microphone.

More to follow..........

Mooi bly

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    It seems we are in the season for making predictions / statements and, or wishes concerning the 2019 season. Allow me a couple of very bold statements.

LeClerc will not (yet) join the title hunt in 2019. He is good but will have to find his feet at Ferrari and this will take at least a season. This assuming Mr Arrivabene can keep the show heading in the right direction.

If Lewis had the measure of Bottas
    this season, this was just a preamble to next year when he will break him completely.

Honda will have horsepower equal or better than Renault. Danny R will still deeply regret his move from Red Bull. Even no 2 at Red Bull will better than equal status at Renault.

If Honda can get their HP within sniffing distance of Merc / Ferrari, Max will be competing for the championship. He has extra HP in his right foot that " flows" into the car.

McLaren should be able to protect their position at the back of the grid or thereabouts, although they will encounter stiff opposition from Williams for this spot.

Kubica's return - and I rate him highly, will be a massive disappointment for his fans. He is not picking up where he left off.

Kimi will get a 3rd at Monaco.

Claire Williams will leave.

Seb will not be WC.

Ross Brawn will keep on talking too much.

Ole Bernie will again get younger.

Alonso will win everything he competes in and will keep on critisizing F1 everytime he sees a microphone.

More to follow..........

Mooi bly
    This write up/prediction reminds me of the Horoscope in the YOU/Huisgenoot.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    This write up/prediction reminds me of the Horoscope in the YOU/Huisgenoot.
    Thanks for the compliment / insult. Whatever fits - I wrote it hoping that it would be read as lightheartedly as it was authored. Wheather or not it can be compared to anything in the "Huisgenoot" I would not know - you would not catch me dead or alive with a "Huisgenoot" in hand. Not even in the docter's waiting room.

Mooi bly.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 ... LastLast