F1 - 2019 - Page 161

Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61 111 136 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3220

Thread: F1 - 2019

Default Re: F1 - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    F1 car has 210L fuel tank which has to last the race

Now the supposed statement made is that he is expelling more carbon that other people is in 10 lifetimes

What is the writer someone that never drives anywhere and uses no electricity to get to 10 times his life time

How to make up magical numbers

As for that Hamilton is an public figure so if he gets the word out then he could have large effect

Glad for him that he is not an pilot or truck driver
    Then using these figures he would be burning 100 times the amount
    I think they were getting at the fact that he flies around everywhere in his own private plane.. So the hypocrisy is real.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JohanRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Modern hybrid F1 cars are allowed a max of 110kg fuel per race. That's around 146 liters.

An average race length of 305km

They seldom fill the tanks to the brim.

That equates to less than 48l/100km for a flat out racing car with 900+ horse power.

Compare that to The old v8 engines that made similar power but used nearly double the fuel....

Its actually very impressive how fuel efficient f1 engines are. They have a thermal efficiency lately of around 50%. Most modern road cars are at the 30% range.

The development has already trickled to road car engines. The economy of modern engines is astonishing!
    Forget about the car on the track. Behind it is several multi link trucks transporting the car, equipment and their hospitality suites. All this equipment that gets moved around the world for each race. Plus then the drivers fly in private jets. So yes in that context he is responsible for massive amount of carbon emissions through the sport he practices.
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Forget about the car on the track. Behind it is several multi link trucks transporting the car, equipment and their hospitality suites. All this equipment that gets moved around the world for each race. Plus then the drivers fly in private jets. So yes in that context he is responsible for massive amount of carbon emissions through the sport he practices.
    Jip. But the technology development scaled to production cars have probably resulted in a NETTO saving of carbon emissions.

Still, compared to one of our coal fired ppwer plants, I reckon F1 as a sport is pretty clean on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    I think they were getting at the fact that he flies around everywhere in his own private plane.. So the hypocrisy is real.
    He sold the plane some time ago.
    Christo Sauerman
    Hilux DC 1991
    2.2 petrol
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by reebok View Post
    He sold the plane some time ago.
    Was this the one that Nicole Sher....zingher apparently trashed
    HOWIE-WP,
    RoadCar: 2008 VW Golf5 .:R32
    OffRoad Car: 2006 VW Touareg 4.2 v8
    "Settle for nothing less than the object of your desire"-Bjork

I hate it when GPs are two weeks apart. You guys get bored and talk sh1t. I may as well read the threads about climate change and Trump.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I hate it when GPs are two weeks apart. You guys get bored and talk sh1t. I may as well read the threads about climate change and Trump.
    Yes, apparently you were not allowed to use the toilet in the plane. Ask the pilot.
    There may be doubt about the truth of this story!!!
    Christo Sauerman
    Hilux DC 1991
    2.2 petrol
    4x4

I see lots of chatter on VWVortex about the proposed Miami F1 race ......... street course. Fans think layout is crap and residents are already up in arms. Liberty is pushing hard for "destination" races and also wider US footprint.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...rix-miami-hump
    HOWIE-WP,
    RoadCar: 2008 VW Golf5 .:R32
    OffRoad Car: 2006 VW Touareg 4.2 v8
    "Settle for nothing less than the object of your desire"-Bjork

Jody Schecter's 21year old daughter passed away. Google for all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Jody Schecter's 21year old daughter passed away. Google for all the details.
    Very sad.

RIP

That is just terrible.

RIP

This is not going to go away.
    I'm also worried about the fact that the improvements appeared directly after their summer break, a break during which no testing or development may happen.
    I am convinced that the FIA is happy that competition for victory has returned to the sport, but the pressure is mounting on them to take action.
    Maybe Ferrari will abandon their "oil leaking seals" before the FIA can step in.
    Maybe Ferrari isn't cheating and maybe their engine developers are really that good, which we know they can be.
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; Today at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    This is not going to go away.
    I'm also worried about the fact that the improvements appeared directly after their summer break, a break during which no testing or development may happen.
    I am convinced that the FIA is happy that competition for victory has returned to the sport, but the pressure is mounting on them to take action.
    Maybe Ferrari will abandon their "oil leaking seals" before the FIA can step in.
    Maybe Ferrari isn't cheating and maybe their engine developers are really that good, which we know they can be.
    Toto taking a page our of Hamilton's "how to cry" book? Or maybe Toto is the author and Hamilton the student?

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Toto taking a page our of Hamilton's "how to cry" book? Or maybe Toto is the author and Hamilton the student?
    Or maybe Ferrari is cheating.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Guess then the same could be said about Merc in previous years when their straight line speed was superior

The one thing that made me wonder was when last weekend, even with DRS, the MB could not overtake the Ferrari. That is a huge difference in power!
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Guess then the same could be said about Merc in previous years when their straight line speed was superior
    Yes.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    i'll leave this here: https://www.wired.com/2008/05/ff-formulaone/ and the driver was no other than The Queen.

Don't feed the troll

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    The one thing that made me wonder was when last weekend, even with DRS, the MB could not overtake the Ferrari. That is a huge difference in power!
    The same could be said of previous years when the silver arrow (and it was a damm arrow for sure) was ahead of anyone - that was a HUGE difference in power. i mean, 6 titles on the trot is not for the powerless
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

Quote Originally Posted by N0ddy View Post

The same could be said of previous years when the silver arrow (and it was a damm arrow for sure) was ahead of anyone - that was a HUGE difference in power. i mean, 6 titles on the trot is not for the powerless
    MB was consistently faster for a while, yet when ever another car could get witin DRS range, even they were under threat.
    Currently the Ferrari and MB are equally matched and both of them used to be vulnerable from RB and some others under DRS. Thus for the MB to be unable to overtake Ferrari under DRS takes a huge power difference. Whether Ferrari is cheating or not, I obviously don't know, but the difference appears to be almost impossibly big. In F1 that type of strides are usually not made overnight.
    And it is not only MB wondering out loud. Other teams are as well. To accuse another team of cheating can't be a lightly taken decision.
    Last edited by Francois Theron; Today at 08:47 AM.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post: