F1 - 2019 - Page 149

Page 149 of 162 FirstFirst ... 49 99 124 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3233

Thread: F1 - 2019

Default Re: F1 - 2019

Before the race yesterday, I had the chance to drive a Renault Sim.

It was obviously dialled at the easiest, except for manual gear changes.

Let's just say that after 3 laps, my wrists were dead, and I was a sweaty, breathless mess.

It takes a tremendous effort just to drive these cars in a straight line, nevermind doing 23 corners 61 times, with side G forces, in 60C temperatures!

A 13-yr old kid topped the timesheets after a week of the Sim running, and then got to drive against Daniel Ricciardo in front of quite a big crowd. Daniel was a good sport and let the kid win
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Before the race yesterday, I had the chance to drive a Renault Sim.

It was obviously dialled at the easiest, except for manual gear changes.

Let's just say that after 3 laps, my wrists were dead, and I was a sweaty, breathless mess.

It takes a tremendous effort just to drive these cars in a straight line, nevermind doing 23 corners 61 times, with side G forces, in 60C temperatures!

A 13-yr old kid topped the timesheets after a week of the Sim running, and then got to drive against Daniel Ricciardo in front of quite a big crowd. Daniel was a good sport and let the kid win
    What an experience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I agree with the general consensus here. Ferrari focussed on getting Vet ahead of Ham. In the end they did it too well and leap frogged Lec in the process. Seriously bad luck for Lec and the gutted way I feel about it confirms my suspicion that I'm fully behind Lec now as my main Ferrari man.
    I like him too, but the youngster needs to accept negative results more graciously than he did yesterday. Sh_t happens.

A half decent race and as I said twice before "the only thing we can hope for is for the red cars to out qualify the silver ones - its the only way we will get any excitement!!"

- Well done to Vettel on his first (not so well deserved) win in a year
    - Well done to Ferrari on their first one two for jonks.
    - Well done to LeClerc for a brilliant qualifying but very hard done by by your team(and for showing Ferrari how wrong they were with their team orders in the beginning of the season!!) Nothing
    wrong with his moaning, its fully justified - they all do it!
    - Well tried but no cigar for Merc with their strategy
    - Well done to Lando Norris for a briliant 7th and the rest of the mid field battlers who gave us some excitement in the 2nd half of the race (although there was some very average driving thrown in)
    - Kvyat, Magnasun.....eish!?

The Ferrari race pace has improved massively - Merc now level pegging IMO and Red Bull will get much closer!!
    - We were again robbed of a tad more excitement - this time from too many SC's, without them LH would have easily taken third, possibly 2nd - but thats racing!!
    Roll on Russia and hopefully we get another mixed up row - lets have Max up there this time!!
    Last edited by dirtshark; 2019/09/23 at 08:42 AM.
    FJC - Just Cruising

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    A half decent race and as I said twice before "the only thing we can hope for is for the red cars to out qualify the silver ones - its the only way we will get any excitement!!"

- Well done to Vettel on his first (not so well deserved) win in a year
    - Well done to Ferrari on their first one two for jonks.
    - Well done to LeClerc for a brilliant qualifying but very hard done by by your team(and for showing Ferrari how wrong they were with their team orders in the beginning of the season!!) Nothing
    wrong with his moaning, its fully justified - they all do it!
    - Well tried but no cigar for Merc with their strategy
    - Well done to Lando Norris for a briliant 7th and the rest of the mid field battlers who gave us some excitement in the 2nd half of the race (although there was some very average driving thrown in)
    - Well done to Ferrari for winning and showing the world what F1 should be about - the fans.......red......
    - Well done to the stewards for the 'black/white' flags - sanity prevails
    - Kvyat, Magnasun.....eish!?
    The Ferrari race pace has improved massively - Merc now level pegging IMO and Red Bull will get much closer!!
    - We were again robbed of a tad more excitement - this time from too many SC's, without them LH would have easily taken third, possibly 2nd - but thats racing!!
    Roll on Russia and hopefully we get another mixed up row - lets have Max up there this time!!
    Another ‘the team let you down my boy’ to Leclerc comment. The team did not let him down. The undercut was made to move Vettel to P2. It work just too well and leapfrogged Leclerc.

Listen to the team radio (available on youtube) to Vettel.

Lastly,
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...IuYgV16x6.html
    Sent from my iPhone

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Some brilliant overtaking moves yesterday, especially from Danny Ric. Did push it too far once though.

But the time it took to move the cars under safety car was frustrating. Surely they can place more cranes in strategic positions to speed up the process. The second half of the race was a bit of a joke because of this.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Lewis quite vocal about the team making the mistake for not bringing him in. Other teams keep it away from media..... trouble in paradise?

https://m.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/...esult-20190923
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Lewis quite vocal about the team making the mistake for not bringing him in. Other teams keep it away from media..... trouble in paradise?

https://m.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/...esult-20190923
    LoL another brilliantly funny post to start the week off....hahahahah!! Pleas keep them coming

Did you even read the link - LOL!!

"We made mistakes tonight, but in this team, we win and we lose together.

"We don't point the finger at people, that's always been our philosophy and that won't change because of one race.

"We're fighting a Ferrari team who are super hungry and pushing very hard," he added of the Italian outfit, who have now won the last three races.

"It's on each one of us to do a better job. I believe we're the best team, but we've got to push on. We'll debrief tonight, put our heads back in the scrum, and then come back fighting at the next race."
    FJC - Just Cruising

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtshark For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    LoL another brilliantly funny post to start the week off....hahahahah!! Pleas keep them coming

Did you even read the link - LOL!!

"We made mistakes tonight, but in this team, we win and we lose together.

"We don't point the finger at people, that's always been our philosophy and that won't change because of one race.

"We're fighting a Ferrari team who are super hungry and pushing very hard," he added of the Italian outfit, who have now won the last three races.

"It's on each one of us to do a better job. I believe we're the best team, but we've got to push on. We'll debrief tonight, put our heads back in the scrum, and then come back fighting at the next race."
    Watch the videos on the net to reporters.
    Sent from my iPhone

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

These race car drivers must start realising that they are just tools available to the manufacturer to get money for fuel, tyres and build a car to drive around some F1 circuits.
    This means the team boss can pretty much do as he pleases since these "Prima Donnas" gets paid nice sums of cash by them, even if they only sometimes drive the car well.

Leclerc was anyway not fast enough to catch Vettel, which he had a lot of time to do. If all the others could overtake by being faster than another, so should Leclerc.

....And to stand there on the podium feeling sorry for yourself with those puppy-dog, prepubescent, "I was denied a toy in my stocking this year" eyes, is just unbefitting the "professionals" they are supposed to be. In this whole year of dismal Ferrari performance, to have a quibble over a Ferrari 1-2, is just ridiculous. They should celebrate and concentrate on the rest of the year trying to keep this pace and performance up.

This is me being facetious....sorry...but they should be ecstatic that they are at least competitive now.

It was a great race though.
    Last edited by AntonN; 2019/09/23 at 10:44 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AntonN For This Useful Post:

Strange how some so called self made F1 experts expect everyone to tag along to what they believe.And then throw abuse when someone thinks differently.

Lewis clearly told his team on the radio his tyres are ok and he does not need to box yet.That is when both Ferrari's has boxed already.

I really like C Le Clercq but I hope he does not follow in Hamilton's footsteps and become a sulky mumbling person when things dont go his way.At 20 years old he still has a lot to learn and I hope one of them is not to think he is on a pedestal above everyone else.
    Its racing and there is only 1 winner.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LC Man For This Useful Post:

Default F1 - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by LC Man View Post
    Strange how some so called self made F1 experts expect everyone to tag along to what they believe.And then throw abuse when someone thinks differently.

Lewis clearly told his team on the radio his tyres are ok and he does not need to box yet.That is when both Ferrari's has boxed already.

I really like C Le Clercq but I hope he does not follow in Hamilton's footsteps and become a sulky mumbling person when things dont go his way.At 20 years old he still has a lot to learn and I hope one of them is not to think he is on a pedestal above everyone else.
    Its racing and there is only 1 winner.
    I don’t think anyone is expecting anyone to tag along. Different opinions should always be welcomed, only non-factual opinions or lies should not be tolerated.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2019/09/23 at 04:26 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Some brilliant overtaking moves yesterday, especially from Danny Ric. Did push it too far once though.

But the time it took to move the cars under safety car was frustrating. Surely they can place more cranes in strategic positions to speed up the process. The second half of the race was a bit of a joke because of this.
    Just one comment, Street races are from the devil, except Monaco. The sooner they move to proper race tracks to replace the concrete tunnels the better

20. The Following User Says Thank You to faniedup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    Just one comment, Street races are from the devil, except Monaco. The sooner they move to proper race tracks to replace the concrete tunnels the better
    I wholeheartedly agree and will include Monaco. I've made my feelings on this known a couple of times. But its a money spinner I guess.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

What does it take to be a F1 driver?
    The burning desire to be number 1
    To be victorious one at the end of the weekend and the season
    The relentless focus on improvement
    Killer instinct some of us will never be able to understand
    Most likely the most competitive "athletes" out there

Some or most of these drivers shows emotions to the extreme. Either extremely happy or extremely unhappy. And this is what we as fans use to judge these drivers, and also to "point fingers" when we dislike a certain driver. I personally feel we need to take the comments with a pinch of salt, especially "in the heat of battle". Let us judge the drivers on their ability and their performance. We sometimes take the drivers on face value, which could be good or bad (depending on which team and river we support). But, what we forget is, these drivers are human to. They have emotions, aspirations, severe determination, under a massive amount of pressure from the team's expectations and the fan/supporters around the world.

Lets take Charles this weekend, He lead the race and had the expectation (set by leading the race) to be the number 1 on the podium. With the brilliant strategy of Ferrrari, it cost him the position. At that time, how would anyone have expected him to react? How would anyone of us have reacted without knowing all the information?
    Do we really want them to put on their poker face and hide their emotions from the camera interviews or race commentary? Surely not? Their reactions and emotions are some of the reasons we support the drivers and sport!! As said, Leclerc (as a Merc man myself), Charles is becoming my number 2 driver. It's just a shame he is driving for the wrong team (kidding)

This weekend showed how much the "dull red team" have improved. Much more than my Silver team, and that has Toto scratching his head quite badly. Merc (and Hamilton) messed up the strategy and was not competitive enough, plain as. I am happy to see this because it creates competitive racing and events. Will Merc be 1-2 again this year? No. Bottas is way to inconsistent throughout the weekend, yet, he is a good "wingman".

Norris, Albon, great weekend again from the 2

What I don't understand is, why are the midfield drivers able to complete beautiful overtaking maneuvers, when the top 6 at times struggle to close a 1 second gap? Team orders?

This weekend at Sochi is going to be an interesting one which is going to be close between Ferrari and Merc. Power and speed v Grip. My prediction is that it will be Leclerc on Pole with Hamilton 2nd/3rd. Strategy will determine the outcome.

From Merc, Well done Ferrari on your 1-2. You were the better team this weekend and deserve it
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Colt 2.4 DC 4x2 - Sold

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post

Can I buy you a Bells? I dislike street races with a passion. extremely boring
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Colt 2.4 DC 4x2 - Sold

I dont think many people like street races.Monaco has to be the worst.
    But when you have 280 000 people going through Singapore for the weekend its obviously a money spinner of note.
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.

I guess from these comments above, that none of you have been to a street F1 race, much less any F1 race?

I would suggest that you give each a try, and then report back
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Well Ive been to 2 x Singapore races courtesy of the oil company we were drilling for in Malaysia.
    And been to the Malaysian MotoGP twice.
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    I guess from these comments above, that none of you have been to a street F1 race, much less any F1 race?

I would suggest that you give each a try, and then report back
    I think their comments are from a TV viewer aspect. Im sure live you can watch them race around a circus tent and it would thrill your boots off.