F1 - 2019 - Page 126

Page 126 of 147 FirstFirst ... 26 76 101 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2925

Thread: F1 - 2019

Default Re: F1 - 2019

I still cannot wrap my mind around the numbers in F1. Lewis will (or has) earn, in 2019, as salary somewhere around 875 million ZAR.
    Add his "wingmans" pay, top management (Toto & Co do not work for minimum wage), massive staff complement, factories, hardware / software, logistics, travel etc, etc and the numbers become trully staggering.

How do these teams stay in business?

Can the spoils dished out by Liberty Media be this much, the sponsors contributions and endorsements, really make their "management accounts" show green?

I can to a degree understand outfits like MB, McLaren, Ferrari and Renault that can claim marketing mileage for their mainstream automotive "partner", but what about a team like Red Bull?

The mind boggles.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2019/08/22 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    I still cannot wrap my mind around the numbers in F1. Lewis will (or has) earn, in 2019, as salary somewhere around 875 million ZAR.
    Add his "wingmans" pay, top management (Toto & Co do not work for minimum wage), massive staff complement, factories, hardware / software, logistics, travel etc, etc and the numbers become trully staggering.

Can the spoils dished out by Liberty Media be this much, the sponsors contributions and endorsements, really make their "management accounts" show green?

I can to a degree understand outfits like MB, McLaren, Ferrari and Renault that can claim marketing mileage for their mainstream automotive "partner", but what about a team like Red Bull?

The mind boggles.
    R875m is small change to top manufacturers. When VW was ordered to pay those billions of dollars, I found out that they had that in cash reserves and then some. Their profit per quarter, was something like 2 billion dollars.

I think Audi and Porsche spend the same, if not more, on their Le mans projects.

Here we go....

Volkswagen Group
    Central headquarters in Volkswagen AG complex in Wolfsburg, Germany
    Revenue €235.849 billion (US$278 billion) (201
    Operating income €13.920 billion (201
    Net income €11.844 billion (201
    Total assets €458.156 billion (201

Ignore the smiley faces, it is supposed to read twenty eighteen
    Last edited by clubbie; 2019/08/22 at 07:34 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

The mind boggles.
    I sent him an email with 100 reasons as to why I should be his F1 caddy. He hasnít replied yet.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Therackermann For This Useful Post:

I asked a while ago if anybody knows how the orange block of Max supporters happen.
    Now I know...
    I have just received my e-ticket and on the official ticket is an area shown as "VERSTAPPEN".
    The attached pic shows the site in orange.

The mind boggles.
    And Lewis is only 10th on the list, Messi earns $650k a week and ended up with more than double in 2018 with $110m compared to LH on $51m shame
    FJC - Just Cruising

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    And Lewis is only 10th on the list, Messi earns $650k a week and ended up with more than double in 2018 with $110m compared to LH on $51m shame
    At least in the last world cup Messi was standing around. At the end of the game he came back looking like coming from a service. Clean and every bit of hair in place. I should watch one of his club match if he does the same.

Apparently one of the cheap drivers was Mika Hakkinen but he took a long view. He is still on Merc's pay roll.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I asked a while ago if anybody knows how the orange block of Max supporters happen.
    Now I know...
    I have just received my e-ticket and on the official ticket is an area shown as "VERSTAPPEN".
    Hallo Roelf, will your ticket get you into the orange block? Or is it a reserved area?

Without knowing the elevations, it would seem that this area will allow you to have sight of at least 3 corners and possibly some overtaking.

The mind boggles.
    Red Bull company (the drink) is worth $10 billion USD and still growing daily - and then add all the sponsorship etc ... there's more than enough there to run the teams.

Now I know...
    Wait, what? Are you going to Spa? Urgh

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Wait, what? Are you going to Spa? Urgh
    My son in law is taking me. A true privilege.

My son in law is taking me. A true privilege.
    Indeed. ENJOY

As posted previously.
    This is an image of the official ticket. The VERSTAPPEN block is clearly shown.
    How did this transpire? One has to assume there is a Max supporters club and that they represented enough people/clout to convince the race organizers (and I suspect at every race, because we see the orange block at every race) to dedicate a portion of an open stand to them.
    I'll see if I can learn more on the day, but I suspect you just buy a ticket, don your t-shirt and show up
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2019/08/23 at 05:59 PM.

.. to deficate a portion of an open stand to them.
    Pun intended?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Pun intended?
    Fixed... thanks

Here's Your First Look at the 2021 Formula 1 Car Design

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...gn-first-look/

Thank goodness, this summer break is now almost over. I've been so bored on this forum I started posting in the "let's all hate Trump" thread.

So true Roelf. I wanted to post something this evening like "I am now convinced that Bottas will be the 2019 WC", just to kick-start this thread again.

I glanced through the last few pages on this thread and realized "Meh" has not posted for while? Miss his replies.

Anyhow, I do not fully buy the "boredom" on your side Roelf😁😜😜(I have managed it!!! Posting emoticons) A man who is off to attend Spa this coming weekend surely is occupied with packing, planning and most of all excitement containment.

Have a blessed trip, may it surpass all expectations. If you bump into Max, please say "ATTABOY!" to him on my behalf.

Safe travels.

I remembered to pack my Ferrari shirt. I'm sure I'll trip over a Verstappen one to buy in Amsterdam. My wife simply can't understand my "mixed" loyalty.

In that video they say the wheels change from 13 inch to 18 inch, flip, thats a big jump. What difference do you think this makes, why would they do this. The tyre manufactures must now come up with brand new formulas [excuse the pun] So its lower profile, less tyre roll ?

Confirmed that ocon will take Hulkenberg's seat next year