F1 - 2019 - Page 3

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2019

Default Re: F1 - 2019

LH is the best. I wish I was a Merc fan, then I would have loved "hammer time".

If you listen to Toto and Lauda carefully (knowing that they have access to the telemetry details), then you will realise that Hamilton is really a top class driver. He went head-to-head with Max and didn't crash. That takes some doing

I think they should bring Maldonado back and give him a Merc or a Ferrari. That should spice things up!

If Max can calm his head and get a decent car he will mature into a great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    If you listen to Toto and Lauda carefully (knowing that they have access to the telemetry details), then you will realise that Hamilton is really a top class driver. He went head-to-head with Max and didn't crash. That takes some doing

I think they should bring Maldonado back and give him a Merc or a Ferrari. That should spice things up!

If Max can calm his head and get a decent car he will mature into a great as well.
    Max is the only driver at the moment that can challenge Lewis, and beat him. All he need is a calm head, and that remains to be seen if he can do that.

Hamilton, for a big part of the year, had a slower car than Vettel. Thing is, he never made a mistake, and that is extremely dificult when you are fighting for the world championship.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the last 2 placings. This really indicates that Lewis is a great driver. Normally I am go it solo while watching with a few people with me not liking Lewis. Looking forward to the new season - could be interesting.

Re. some remarks above corcerning Max. Guys, he is already a great. Time will tell exactly how great. But if I was a betting man I would bet my bottom dollar on him eventually becoming an alltime great. Daai outjie is net te goed. And I boo'ed him big time in his 1st season or 2. Now all I see is a racer with instincts rarely found. And the above is really an easy prediction......

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Re. some remarks above corcerning Max. Guys, he is already a great. Time will tell exactly how great. But if I was a betting man I would bet my bottom dollar on him eventually becoming an alltime great. Daai outjie is net te goed. And I boo'ed him big time in his 1st season or 2. Now all I see is a racer with instincts rarely found. And the above is really an easy prediction......
    Max has, from the get go, showed he has the speed, that is not up for discussion. He just need the mental ability as well, to know when to push and when to let go. Once, if he has mastered that, he will be very hard to beat. He will definitely be a huge factor in the coming years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Max has, from the get go, showed he has the speed, that is not up for discussion. He just need the mental ability as well, to know when to push and when to let go. Once, if he has mastered that, he will be very hard to beat. He will definitely be a huge factor in the coming years.
    Unfortunately Max does not have a very good mentor in his dad, who has known aggression problems.
    If you grow up under those circumstances, it is difficult not to have aggression problems as well.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Unfortunately Max does not have a very good mentor in his dad, who has known aggression problems.
    If you grow up under those circumstances, it is difficult not to have aggression problems as well.
    Sadly, you are right. However, with a good sport pshycology coach, anything is possible. Remember, RBR are not known for their patience. Once they have a competitve car, Max will have to deliver.

Im not a Hamilton fan but I reckon Hamilton would of won the title in the 2018 Ferrari as well. Seb made too many mistakes.
    Cannot argue here - hence why i said

Seb - was amazing - but he has lost focus and seems to have lost his edge
    he lost that edge long ago.
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    That's quite a bold statement, which I don't agree with.
    Valterri might not be the best of the rest, but most probably in the top 6?
    Even in a similar car, he could not keep up with Lewis.
    And i will stand by my statement - Max is still raw, but raw talent can be nurtured and the result will blow minds!
    From the current grid, 2 drivers will LH tickets: Max and Alonso
    But hey, it is just my opinion​...
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

I think they should bring Juan-Pablo Montoya back and give him a Merc or a Ferrari. That should spice things up!
    for the spice
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

Not sure how anyone can call Verstappen a great without being World Champion or even challenging for the championship. He is very, very good and one of my favorites, but he has to learn how to control his aggression.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handyman For This Useful Post:

Not only aggression, which is deep in the family, but he has to stop that rubbish on the breaking zone. If not there will be big accident. He also needs to remember that he is not the owner of the track.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

And there goes Mr Arrivabene. At least he can go back to smoking real Marlboro's and not having to vape. Seriously though, I believe this is not good for Ferrari, going into 2019 unsettled. Time will tell.

Mooi bly.

And there goes Mr Arrivabene. At least he can go back to smoking real Marlboro's and not having to vape. Seriously though, I believe this is not good for Ferrari, going into 2019 unsettled. Time will tell.

Mooi bly.
    I liked the guy. Even if just for his rugged Italian look.
    But, the team did make mistakes. They made many strategy mistakes, but most telling was the up-grade that was a down-grade and took how many races to figure out.
    In business we say: if you want a different outcome, you have to do something different.
    Let's watch this space.
    PS: if I was Mr Topguy at Ferrari, I would not have chased him away. They got very close this year and if he had learned from their mistakes, then who knows...

I still think Vettel was to blame. Many unforced errors.

The Ferrari had more than enough pace to win it this year.

I still think Vettel was to blame. Many unforced errors.

The Ferrari had more than enough pace to win it this year.
    You mean last year
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Mooi bly.
    IMHO a mistake by Ferrari. But time will tell.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I liked the guy. Even if just for his rugged Italian look.
    But, the team did make mistakes. They made many strategy mistakes, but most telling was the up-grade that was a down-grade and took how many races to figure out.
    In business we say: if you want a different outcome, you have to do something different.
    Let's watch this space.
    PS: if I was Mr Topguy at Ferrari, I would not have chased him away. They got very close this year and if he had learned from their mistakes, then who knows...
    And I agree fully Roelf. He was an immensely likeable person and Italian through-and-through. Success feeds of continuity. Lets hope the RED TEAM does not regret this move deeply.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2019/01/08 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Unfortunately I am starting to have my doubts. I was one of the biggest Max supporters from the get-go, but after 4 seasons he is still making the same mistakes as in his first year. He just does not learn from his mistakes it seems.

The real greats had an air of maturity right from the get go, and by season 5 acted like seasoned pros (Prost, Senna, Lauda, Schumacher, Hamilton, etc)

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 ... LastLast