Forum members on YouTube

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Forum members on YouTube

A lot of great (and bad) information is available online. Some YouTube videos like Ronny Dahl and his adventures do really inspire a person.

I am a patriot of my country, and with this I would like to find out if there are any members or persons from the Southern part of Africa that are also uploading videos on YouTube.

I am sure a lot of us have put up the odd video here and there, but I am talking about something a little more in-depth than that?

Would like to support such individuals.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoPressure For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Forum members on YouTube

There is indeed

I've started with campsite reviews (trying to push one out every 2 weeks) and will then add gear reviews and trips etc.
    My channel: https://bit.ly/2QZ1DNi
    The list of campsites I'm working through: http://bit.ly/2AhQQah

Please comment / like (or smash it) / subscribe!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by NoPressure View Post
    A lot of great (and bad) information is available online. Some YouTube videos like Ronny Dahl and his adventures do really inspire a person.

I am a patriot of my country, and with this I would like to find out if there are any members or persons from the Southern part of Africa that are also uploading videos on YouTube.

I am sure a lot of us have put up the odd video here and there, but I am talking about something a little more in-depth than that?

Would like to support such individuals.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christoff For This Useful Post:

Fantastic, I pushed you to 89 subs. If you get another 100 from this thread then I want a t-shirt

There is just something about home, our accents, mannerisms that I prefer. I would much rather scour this forum for info that some USA dribble that google decided was top of the list.
    Last edited by NoPressure; 2018/11/24 at 05:46 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NoPressure For This Useful Post:

Deal

Fantastic, I pushed you to 89 subs. If you get another 100 from this thread then I want a t-shirt

Also have a channel I plan on developing. Not sure if the link will show below. Will add in on Monday.

Have a lot planned for the channel to make it better.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogaards For This Useful Post:

No link showing below.
    I'm sure its a tough job to get an end product your happy with. Keep us posted.

No link showing below.
    I'm sure its a tough job to get an end product your happy with. Keep us posted.
    Will update Monday, should show in my sig, but using the app this weekend
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586

Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    Will update Monday, should show in my sig, but using the app this weekend
    Subscribed (youtube) I am very skeptical about the seemingly patriotic ventures, we had another one here on forum with a similar modus operandi if memory serves it was mountain passes and the initial access was free, mahala and verniet. It was a great site with oodles of information regarding mountain passes as well as Google earth schematics with YouTube videos. A lot of the community subscribed and followed his site as it was almost as if it was made for us. With larger numbers following.....membership increased to R 200 per year

Christoff's site has the potential to become a great and worthy commercial endeavor hence my skepticism. Christoff has been a member for some time and I am sure that is why his requests and posts has not been nuked.
    My bit of criticism is that to make the site credible you need to set your standards to what the average person would like and weed through the rubbish. You have one such listing there that should really be dumped in my book but............ I wish you well and will share my experiences for what they are worth.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

I have a passion for being out there and I'd like to share that passion other like-minded folk. That means sharing info and experience while hopefully providing some entertainment at the same time. If I were to ever gain anything commercially out of this it would be using the same model as Ronny Dahl, Jason Darrah (Primal Outdoors), Kevin and Sarah McCuiston (Lifestyle overland), Andrew St Pierre White (4XOverland) etc. etc. For that model to work though, the info / entertainment I provide has to be free. I'm doing this because I can and it's fun! If I happen to come even close to these guys that's a bonus but bottom line is I can't charge R200 for something that's freely available on YT

Quote Originally Posted by hbannink View Post
    Subscribed (youtube) I am very skeptical about the seemingly patriotic ventures, we had another one here on forum with a similar modus operandi if memory serves it was mountain passes and the initial access was free, mahala and verniet. It was a great site with oodles of information regarding mountain passes as well as Google earth schematics with YouTube videos. A lot of the community subscribed and followed his site as it was almost as if it was made for us. With larger numbers following.....membership increased to R 200 per year

Christoff's site has the potential to become a great and worthy commercial endeavor hence my skepticism. Christoff has been a member for some time and I am sure that is why his requests and posts has not been nuked.
    My bit of criticism is that to make the site credible you need to set your standards to what the average person would like and weed through the rubbish. You have one such listing there that should really be dumped in my book but............ I wish you well and will share my experiences for what they are worth.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christoff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hbannink View Post
    Subscribed (youtube) I am very skeptical about the seemingly patriotic ventures, we had another one here on forum with a similar modus operandi if memory serves it was mountain passes and the initial access was free, mahala and verniet. It was a great site with oodles of information regarding mountain passes as well as Google earth schematics with YouTube videos. A lot of the community subscribed and followed his site as it was almost as if it was made for us. With larger numbers following.....membership increased to R 200 per year.
    If someone offers a new YouTube channel, Forum, club etc - which is unknown and has no credibility, it is rather impossible to charge. It is kind of accepted that that kind of thing will start off free, or with a trial period. There is absolutely no reason why everything on offer should be free. Equipment costs money.

This site generates income too, Just because this forum doesn't charge a sub fee, doesn't mean it's not making money (adverts) But it's only making money because it has so many members, others generate funds by charging. You don't like it - don't subscribe and don't pay. Its a free world.

Many a business/venture started out as a hobby.

"I drifted into photography like one drifts into prostitution. First I did it to please myself, then I did it to please my friends, and eventually I did it for the money."

-- Philippe Halsman
    DGO Fiddler

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EHoffmann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
    I have a passion for being out there and I'd like to share that passion other like-minded folk. That means sharing info and experience while hopefully providing some entertainment at the same time. If I were to ever gain anything commercially out of this it would be using the same model as Ronny Dahl, Jason Darrah (Primal Outdoors), Kevin and Sarah McCuiston (Lifestyle overland), Andrew St Pierre White (4XOverland) etc. etc. For that model to work though, the info / entertainment I provide has to be free. I'm doing this because I can and it's fun! If I happen to come even close to these guys that's a bonus but bottom line is I can't charge R200 for something that's freely available on YT
    I agree. For me it is about sharing experiences and hopefully provide interesting content.

Will not really come close to making money from it, it is purely a hobby.
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586

And it is great to see areas closer to home, aiding visually to trip planning and learning from the experiences (also mistakes) of others.

There are just a select few that can really make any serious money from such a venture. Paying R16 odd a month ( the price of a beer or a liter of fuel), to make sure you see the best certain places have to offer, as well as to aid in taking some risk away through good planning, is a no brainer for me. Especially after considering the cost to reach those places.

As mentioned, YouTube is mostly free, and everyone needs to start somewhere. And as I have first hand experience in my life, sometimes a person just needs to be given a chance, even if its as simple as selecting a like/subscribe button on YouTube.

With this all said, I don't want this thread to become a controversial one. I simply would like to know of persons that have a channel on YouTube from our side of the woods, as I would like to see their content.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoPressure For This Useful Post:

Ditto

Another local one is My life in Africa. They are commercial though (tour company) but there are quite a few solo trip videos and a few info videos that are pretty good
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClM...vQ6fVB5_lfIwiw

I simply would like to know of persons that have a channel on YouTube from our side of the woods, as I would like to see their content.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Christoff For This Useful Post:

Before every one gets the wrong idea, Christoff has been a member since 2009, he has been doing this for a while just search his old posts so he has not joined to pick the brains of the community for his own agenda and that is why he has not been nuked and banned. He has openly shared his work and I have spent a lot of time on his site cross referencing and enjoying it. My verdict :- It is a great site with the potential of becoming a worthy commercial site, if and how he does it is his decision the potential is there.

There is a mine of information on this forum and a mountain of good will. Admin has the responsibility that the kind warmheartedness and willingness to help found on this forum not be abused for personal gain
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

I have uploaded a couple of MTB videos ....

Still VERY much in the learning phase with video editing !!

I would much rather do a photoshoot and edit some 1000+ photos, than try to do a short video of nice ride ....

Video editing is technically not difficult to do. BUT, to pre-plan your story line, get the right shots, then cutting it all together .... not many people have a clue as to what it takes to make a decent video.

Now expand this to a specific topic, where thousands will have days and weeks to crit your work ....

My absolute RESPECT to those that produce decent videos.

Here is the link to my Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber

Currently has some of my previous attempts on it. New ones should be more interesting.

Currently re-working one of my De Wildt videos and will be adding Paradise 4x4 in Jan.

Might be interesting to people who are not able to drive the trails. The idea started when I gave some of my videos to an uncle of mine who had cancer and was not able to get out anymore.

So the idea is to bring the trails to people.

Also for people who are not sure what to expect of the trails.
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogaards For This Useful Post:

I also do the youtube thing. Nothing specific. Random stuff from dashcam stuff to DIY's to dog videos. See my signature for the channel.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

Just added a bit of a remake of my 2014 De Wildt video.

Let me know what I can add going forward...

https://youtu.be/4cnehO22TLU

First time I added my voice... Something to get used to...
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586

Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    Just added a bit of a remake of my 2014 De Wildt video.

Let me know what I can add going forward...

https://youtu.be/4cnehO22TLU

First time I added my voice... Something to get used to...
    Will have a look, thanks for the effort.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NoPressure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    I also do the youtube thing. Nothing specific. Random stuff from dashcam stuff to DIY's to dog videos. See my signature for the channel.
    Your Youtube channel reminds me of Chucke2009's. Kind of the same vibe going on

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast