Renault Duster Problems

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Renault Duster Problems

Hi all

If you have experienced a problem with your Duster, please post it here?
    1. Problem
    2. At what KM did it happen
    3. What did you do
    4. Response from Renault
    5. Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?
    6. What was the result

This will give all Duster Owners a good Idea on what to possibly expect, not just from the vehicle, but from the Agents as well.

Please do not post sarcastic comments, let's use this as an informative and educational post for owners and other members.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country XJ face lift
    Action Group member AG0029

If you have experienced a problem with your Duster, please post it here?
    1. Problem : FRONT RIGHT WHEEL SHAKE/BOUNCE WHEN I TURN RIGHT NOT MUCH BUT CAN FEEL IT ALMOST LIKE A VIBRATION
    2. At what KM did it happen : 4000
    3. What did you do : CHANGED TYRE PRESSURE AND EVENTUALLY TOOK TO RENAULT
    4. Response from Renault : CHECKED SUSPENSION AND ALL NUTS, CAN FEEL THE SHAKE/BOUNCE BUT CAN NOT FIND PROBLEM WILL ADD ON THEIR TECH PAGE WHERE EVERY DEALER LODGE PROBLEMS
    5. Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues? : NOT FIXED BUT NO PROBLEMS EVEN GAVE ME A NICE CLEAN CAR
    6. What was the result : THEY WILL CONTACT ME IF THEY CAN FIND SOMETHING SIMULAR OTHER WISE I REALLY DONT KNOW

1. Problem: Driver Door lock Jammed
    2. At what KM did it happen: 38200
    3. What did you do: Booked the Duster in at Renault to have a look
    4. Response from Renault: Got it working again, but ordered a new lock as it needs to be replaced
    5. Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues? not fixed as yet, waiting for parts, but also got a sparkling clean car back and an offer to use one of their cars to drive with in the meanwhile. Awesome bunch of people
    6. What was the result: as soon as part arrives, I will be contacted
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Duster Jack For This Useful Post:

How about adding the branch. Personally I've been much happier with the Centurion service centre compared to Hatfield/Brooklyn where I bought my vehicle.

Problem: Shocks/ Dampers
    At what KM did it happen: From around 15000
    What did you do: Reported it to dealer at service.
    Response from Renault: Assisted without issues but waited for stock
    Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: With a smile
    What was the result: Shocks fitted and wheel alignment done and car back to normal.

Problem: Radio froze
    At what KM did it happen: 48000
    What did you do: Contacted Fonteine dealer
    Response from Renault: Please bring in the car so we can update software on radio
    Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: No issues
    What was the result: Radio and GPS working better than before
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

I've had two issues so far.

1. Problem

Back doors can't be opened by using the inside handle if doors are locked.

It was probably there from day 1 , (7km) but wasn't notice. The back seats are hardly used.

3. What did you do

I tried with the child lock on and off, neither helped.

4. Response from Renault

They said that this is how the doors are meant to work. With the child lock off you can pull up the lock and then open the door.

No issues, they were friendly but couldn't do what I wanted.

6. What was the result

I mainly use the dash button to unlock the doors now.

1. Problem

Trip computer has crazy readings.

6500km

3. What did you do

Checked online with the UK Dacia Forum. This looks like a common fault.

4. Response from Renault

They reset the computer. They say that filling up with the ignition on causes it. I had never done that.

Easy enough, fixed two days after I called them.

6. What was the result

It's only been 500km since but it seems to be working.

Both issues sorted by Seamans Renault in PE.
    2015 Renault Duster 1.6 Dynamique (family car)

2010 Nissan NP 200 1.6 8v base (work bakkie)

2010 Tata Indica 1.4 LE (current ride)

2000 Fiat Palio 1.2 ed 3 door (my baby)

Problem: microphone for Bluetooth would work with the MediaNav unit.
    At what KM did it happen: out of the box
    What did you do: took it back to the dealer who tried to get it working.
    Response from Renault: replaced unit without any fuss.
    Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: no fuss, they'd even organized me another vehicle to use even though I hadn't asked for one.
    What was the result issues?: some functionality isn't programmed but I'm not bothered. They can sort it out when it goes for a service.
    Cost: R0 - Warrenty
    Last edited by XJ Junkie; 2016/01/19 at 10:19 AM.

Default Renault Duster Problems

1. Power button peeling and was white.

2.bought the car used on 35 000km and was there already

3.nothing until car went in for 45 000km service and mentioned to service agent.

4.service agent reported it to Renault South Africa. Said I had to bring car back later in the week and do a warranty claim to swop out the whole radio/sat nav system.

5. No issues, didn't get offered another car like everyone else

6.new radio/sat nav installed under warranty. Cost on invoice if It wasn't covered would have been almost 11K. Would have lived with a peeling button.
    Last edited by rog163; 2015/12/12 at 10:04 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rog163 For This Useful Post:

Default A few screws loose

Duster Jack: Thanks –this thread is useful.

crazydude: trip computer – Besides the normal, "Oh! I'm full automatic reset at any time", I have also seen crazy readings and always zero my trip computer "while" filling my tank. No wait. That's not possible. My ignition key is in the fuel cap while filling. I will now wait for the fuel level to settle. That should take…what…half an hour…lol.

Nothing serious, but indicative of poor build quality control

Problem: two missing self-tapping, female torx headed screws that secure door card, one self-tapping insert clip not aligned to hole and another clip found lying inside door
    KM:3000 (noticed), from the factory in India
    Response from Renault: not reported due to repeated bad experiences with dealerships and different OEM reps over the years
    Dealership: N/A
    Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues? N/A
    What was the result? Used masking tape to keep clip in place so that self-tapping screws had an anchor for securing. Still missing two screws though.
    Last edited by Butch Dassie; 2015/12/13 at 04:51 PM.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow, GC = 254mm

Problem: Gears not engaging, due to clutch pedal only returning half way back up.
    At what KM did it happen: 4600 miles
    What did you do: Reported it to Renault.
    Response from Renault: They looked at clutch system and apparently found the brake-fluid reservoir almost empty because of leakage out of the breather pipe.
    It only happened once so far.
    If it happens to you, pull pedal upwards completely. I don't believe their explanation because I drove it for about 500km after it happened, without any more problems. The pedal was just stuck for some reason.
    "We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing"
    Oliver Wendall Holmes

Johan (ZS1JV, M0ZJV)
    2015 JK CRD

Thank you to all who has posted here. This is great and I'm sure very helpful to all.
    2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Default Shared reservoir on JR5

Quote Originally Posted by JDeV View Post
    Problem: Gears not engaging, due to clutch pedal only returning half way back up.
    At what KM did it happen: 4600 miles
    What did you do: Reported it to Renault.
    Response from Renault: They looked at clutch system and apparently found the brake-fluid reservoir almost empty because of leakage out of the breather pipe.
    It only happened once so far.
    If it happens to you, pull pedal upwards completely. I don't believe their explanation because I drove it for about 500km after it happened, without any more problems. The pedal was just stuck for some reason.
    You wouldn't happen to have the JR5 engine perchance? The reservoir seems to be shared on this variant. See the references to reservoir highlighted (bottom left) and in the first warning (top right) in the clutch section. Still, the info is very useful in getting one home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Problem: Front Shocks wore out prematurely, which seems to be a common fault
    At what KM did it happen: less than 15 000 km
    What did you do: took it back to the dealer who tested & replaced them
    Response from Renault. Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: Renault SA initially rejected the claim, but the dealer sorted it out.
    What was the result issues?: Much better handling
    Cost: R0 - Warrenty

Default Re: Renault Duster Problems

Problem: Front Shocks wore out - I have complained about the handling before, and have asked the dealer to check the shocks on the previous services as well - now that they are out of the warranty period they are kaput.

At what KM did it happen: 45000 km service
    What did you do: Tried tot get the dealer to replace under warranty - no joy. THANKS NEIL for the Monroe data, I had Supaquick Moorreesburg fit Monroe's right around.

Response from Renault: Dealer was unwilling to lodge a claim with Renault, I tried phoning Renault - got transferred a few times - left messages, still waiting for the call backs.

Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: Lost my cool a bit at Renault, Supaquick fixed with a smile.

What was the result issues?: Much better handling - I believe now that my shocks were not 100% from the get go.

Cost: R2600

PS. Monroe's where 1/2 the price fitted compared to what the dealer quoted for the Renault shocks unfitted
    Last edited by Haoe; 2016/03/18 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haoe View Post
    Problem: Front Shocks wore out - I have complained about the handling before, and have asked the dealer to check the shocks on the previous services as well - now that they are out of the warranty period they are kaput.

At what KM did it happen: 45000 km service
    What did you do: Tried tot get the dealer to replace under warranty - no joy. THANKS NEIL for the Monroe data, I had Supaquick Moorreesburg fit Monroe's right around.

Response from Renault: Dealer was unwilling to lodge a claim with Renault, I tried phoning Renault - got transferred a few times - left messages, still waiting for the call backs.

Was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: Lost my cool a bit at Renault, Supaquick fixed with a smile.

What was the result issues?: Much better handling - I believe now that my shocks were not 100% from the get go.

Cost: R2600

PS. Monroe's where 1/2 the price fitted compared to what the dealer quoted for the Renault shocks unfitted
    This is bad cause a lot of Duster owners had it rectified by the dealers.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

15000km service done at Renault PE. The radio's power button was peeling, I think that someone mentioned the same problem before. Renault was happy to fix it, sadly, they are replacing the whole unit, that seems silly.
    2015 Renault Duster 1.6 Dynamique (family car)

2010 Nissan NP 200 1.6 8v base (work bakkie)

2010 Tata Indica 1.4 LE (current ride)

2000 Fiat Palio 1.2 ed 3 door (my baby)

Default Version of MediaNav?

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
    15000km service done at Renault PE. The radio's power button was peeling, I think that someone mentioned the same problem before. Renault was happy to fix it, sadly, they are replacing the whole unit, that seems silly.
    Firstly, I am glad that you are happy with the good service of a replacement.

Now for the conspiracy theory…as Renault has kept the replaced radio / MediaNav. What is to stop them from sending these to a refurbishment centre, replace the button, use some vinyl spray to spruce it up, even spray some “Nu” radio smelly stuff on and install it in the next guy’s vehicle? I mean. You just wanted the original look I take it. What I’d like to know is if your version of MediaNav is later than 40.0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
    The radio's power button was peeling, I think that someone mentioned the same problem before. Renault was happy to fix it, sadly, they are replacing the whole unit, that seems silly.
    Just make sure that they program the functionality settings correctly. Mine took 2 visits & still isn't 100%.

Question: if you guys mute the radio, then use the phone, does the radio come on or stay muted after the call has ceased?

Quote Originally Posted by haoe View Post
    problem: front shocks wore out - i have complained about the handling before, and have asked the dealer to check the shocks on the previous services as well - now that they are out of the warranty period they are kaput.

at what km did it happen: 45000 km service
    what did you do: Tried tot get the dealer to replace under warranty - no joy. Thanks neil for the monroe data, i had supaquick moorreesburg fit monroe's right around.

response from renault: dealer was unwilling to lodge a claim with renault, i tried phoning renault - got transferred a few times - left messages, still waiting for the call backs.

was it fixed with a smile or did you have issues?: lost my cool a bit at renault, supaquick fixed with a smile.

what was the result issues?: much better handling - i believe now that my shocks were not 100% from the get go.

cost: r2600

ps. Monroe's where 1/2 the price fitted compared to what the dealer quoted for the renault shocks unfitted
    can you please give me the monroe shock specs i would love to have them in my duster

Quote Originally Posted by pienkie View Post
    can you please give me the monroe shock specs i would love to have them in my duster
    Theres a Monroe App you can download, then just punch in your Duster's year model.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast