Volvo XC60: Review - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Volvo XC60: Review

We love Volvo even though we traded our XC70 for an Amarok after 240K.

Many times we just smiled at people when we were in Mozambique, Baviaanskloof etc. It was one of the most enjoyable, multi functional vehicles I ever owned.

Name:  IMG_0845.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  447.2 KB

Although Swambo does not have an XC60, she loves her V40XC

Default Re: Volvo XC60: Review

Review - of the dealership
    Call me paranoid if you like, but a car service is always a dreaded event for me, as my cars go in for a service in 100% condition except for the wear items, but I do not know what I am getting back.

I am happy to report that CMH Volvo Silver Lakes exceeded my expectations. It was somewhat of a surprise to learn that even wear items are free under warranty, e.g. wiper blades and brake pads. Long time no new car, comes to mind. I will have to get used to this over the next 3 years.

The car was also exceptionally well cleaned, both inside and out. As I bought it, basically.

I also learnt that the transmission oil is changed every 60k km, which is good news, as I am of the opinion that the "filled for life" policy on the Freelander 2, is what caused the demise of that transmission.

Even though I did not pay anything, both labour and parts cost are listed on the invoice, and is quite reasonable - cheaper than the Freelander 2 was.

So all in all, a pleasant experience.
    Last edited by JJJ; 2019/08/03 at 08:36 AM.
    Johnie
    Volvo XC60 T5
    180kW/350Nm (1500 - 4800 rpm)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JJJ For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2