Hi From Tanzania

Default Hi From Tanzania

Hi all Iím a bit bush and not often in internet range but found you guys while I was looking for some info on places to sort out my wheels in Cape Town. I live mainly in Tanzania but work keeps me moving between parks all over east Africa, Zambia and Malawi. If anybody is ever up my and in need or feels like a cold one give me a shout.
    Iím a die hard landy man, I started of with a series 2A back in 95 that I drove from Cape Town to Nairobi over a 6 month period, itís not that I had the time jut that the landy wasnít in a hurry. Since then Iíve had a 200tdi, a 300tdi and now a 2.8i
    Itís not the car that matters itís the driver, happy 4x4ing and hope to meet you some day on a dusty road in the middle of nowhere.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2.8i rocks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Hi From Tanzania

Welcome and I hope members can help with Landy or other info.

On the other hand please keep a close eye on the East African and particularly Tanzanian sections as current information from those close to the ground is not all that common.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

ďGreat journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you campedĒ.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

TransAfrica 2015/2016 blog www.slowdonkey.com OR http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    Welcome and I hope members can help with Landy or other info.

On the other hand please keep a close eye on the East African and particularly Tanzanian sections as current information from those close to the ground is not all that common.
    Thx Stan like I said internet is sporadic at best once Iím back in the bush but if anyone needs any info or help just shout and Iíll get back to them ASAP, all of my questions answered by cruising the site.
    I ended up using Pon Steyn and they where fantastic, would highly recommend them any day.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2.8i rocks For This Useful Post:

Welcome,

The Tanzanian folk are very friendly, even met n police officer in Tanga who exchanged some old dollars for us
    Last edited by Jakkals.; 2018/11/23 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkals. View Post
    Welcome,

The Tanzanian folk is very friendly, even met n police officer in Tanga who exchanged some old dollars for us
    Hi Jakkals yup TZ is great, I came up here over 20 years ago and canít imagine leaving.
    we have some amazing parks,Ruaha is by far my favorite. The north can get a bit busy but then the reason for that is fantastic game and landscapes. There are plenty of places where you can go for ages without seeing another car.
    Saying that Iíve found you get out what you put in, this applies to most countries world wide.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2.8i rocks For This Useful Post: