Zambia and Malawi nothing booked yet

Default Zambia and Malawi nothing booked yet

Hey ladies and gentlemen so I know I should have asked questions sooner but here I am asking.

My vehicle is currently in Livingstone zambia we fly up on Monday the 19th to prepare the truck to spend 2 days in Kasanka National Park (24th to 26th November) to see the bats. from there we will travel north to Lavushi manda for 1 maybe 2 nights. this is where I need help

from the 28th November I have in my head 3 options
    1. travel north west past lake Bangweulu then further north to eventually cross into malawi and travel down from most recommended places north on the lake and stay over as we go.

2. essentially the same as 1. but this time go north past the hot springs and and again as far fourth as we can go.

3. this was my favorite option travel east to south Luangwa NP across into malawi mchinji border (South Luangwe is however essentially closed due to rains so we would just travel across the border then to the north of the lake. and again south as much on the lake as possible.
    (border posts between Zambia and Malawi... from the best of what I can see there are 4 crossings but not all are able to be crossed as a tourist please advise which I can other than mchenji)

once in malawi there are a few places I have seen and like the look of on the lake but would love your suggestions

1. because I am traveling from Livingstone I like the idea of livingstonia but is there any town perhaps higher north to start with.
    2. Usisya love the look of this place
    3. ngala lake lodge
    4. keen to maybe make a trip across to either Likoma
    5. Mumbo island (maybe $$$ depending but it's also my anniversary so might be worth the extra effort)
    6. Monkey Bay Lodge.

I have to be back at work by the 5th January so I have from around the 28th November till the 2nd January 2019and I might be planning to leave my in Blantyre and fly home

thanks in advance
    thank you
    Scooter king

I know this is the Malawi thread so I am sorry to ask a put Zambia here as well but due to my route hope it's okay. Moderators please remove if this post is off.
    98' Defender Hardtop 110 (300tdi)
    54' Moto Rumi Formichino (project in progress)
    58' Vespa GS150
    62' Vespa GS160
    66' Vespa SS180
    69' Vespa Rally 180
    69' Lambretta LI150

Default Re: Zambia and Malawi nothing booked yet

Where you not looking for a place to store a vehicle in BT some time ago? Is it registered in Zambia?

Quote Originally Posted by tashtego9 View Post
    Where you not looking for a place to store a vehicle in BT some time ago? Is it registered in Zambia?
    no SA registered have got a Carne in place though (not sure if that helps)
    98' Defender Hardtop 110 (300tdi)
    54' Moto Rumi Formichino (project in progress)
    58' Vespa GS150
    62' Vespa GS160
    66' Vespa SS180
    69' Vespa Rally 180
    69' Lambretta LI150

Hi,

I think it is not possoble to go down the Muchinga escarpement and cross the luangwa valley flor in the rainy season so if you want
    to go to Malawi from north Zambia you probably have to go all the way to the Tanzania border then drive to Mbeya, then south to Malawi.

There is a road north of Kamangu on the great north road but in 2016 it was still not a tarred road.
    The road from Isoka was still not tarred all the way in 2016 eitheir...so annyway the fastest way to get to the lake probably the all tarred road trough Tanzania.

Dont book. Just go and you will enjoy. We did in 2013 and will never regret

Hi There,

How was your trip?

We are d9ing a very simular trip in December. Only difference is we will drive from SA through Botswana into Zambia and cross into Malwi feom the north. Then make arw way abck south through Malawi and Zambia botswana to south Africa.

Cant wait....