Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    880
    Thanked: 76

    Default Jeep mechanic randburg

    Where can I find a reliable, honest and fair priced jeep mechanic in rand burg? Tired of all these mechanics charging me half the jeeps value just for a service. Also they keep the jeep for 2 days then do nothing...wasting my time.

    Where is a reliable jeep mechanic in the west rand?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    33
    Posts
    541
    Thanked: 246

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepfamily View Post
    Where can I find a reliable, honest and fair priced jeep mechanic in rand burg? Tired of all these mechanics charging me half the jeeps value just for a service. Also they keep the jeep for 2 days then do nothing...wasting my time.

    Where is a reliable jeep mechanic in the west rand?
    Zone Offroad in Midrand? Or is that too far out?
    2012 Jeep Wrangler JKUR
    35/12.50/17 BFG KM2s
    AEV Heat Reduction Hood

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    880
    Thanked: 76

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn777 View Post
    Zone Offroad in Midrand? Or is that too far out?
    They aren't too keen to work on grand cherokees. Also a bit far out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    45
    Posts
    571
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Contact Auto Worx
    011 782 3573
    Can Google their location
    Baa Baa Black Jeep
    2004 WJ Jeep 4.7 HO Overland

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ren For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    880
    Thanked: 76

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Contact Auto Worx
    011 782 3573
    Can Google their location
    I have heard of them. Are they reasonably priced?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    45
    Posts
    571
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Yes
    Compared to stealers... Cheap
    RMI certified so more expensive than other specialists
    Last edited by Ren; 2018/11/07 at 06:56 PM.
    Baa Baa Black Jeep
    2004 WJ Jeep 4.7 HO Overland

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    62
    Posts
    65
    Thanked: 43

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    CCVS in Wynberg. 011 440 7508. Speak to Daniel. They only work on Jeeps. Been taking my Jeeps to them for the past 18 years and always had good service.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dkilian For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lonehill
    Age
    42
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 35

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    They serviced my Grand not too long ago, good bunch!!
    Cheers

    D

    =======================================
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6 Pentastar

    1967 MGB GT

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    45
    Posts
    571
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Quote Originally Posted by dkilian View Post
    CCVS in Wynberg. 011 440 7508. Speak to Daniel. They only work on Jeeps. Been taking my Jeeps to them for the past 18 years and always had good service.
    Had my Jeep there once to sort an indicator issue (related to flash relay). They quoted me R17k to 'fix' my jeep based on an error code they pulled (I knew the code as the key trick showed it)
    I replaced a fuse based on forum feedback and the 'issue' was resolved.
    Parts in question have since never been replaced.
    Personally I take the Jeep to Bulli when I can. Auto Worx did my gearbox oil last year as I couldn't get the Jeep to Bulli.
    Service was good and their overall feedback to me was also picked up by Bulli (and resolved by him).
    Last edited by Ren; 2018/11/08 at 06:04 PM.
    Baa Baa Black Jeep
    2004 WJ Jeep 4.7 HO Overland

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    880
    Thanked: 76

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Had my Jeep there once to sort an indicator issue (related to flash relay). They quoted me R17k to 'fix' my jeep based on an error code they pulled (I knew the code as the key trick showed it)
    I replaced a fuse based on forum feedback and the 'issue' was resolved.
    Parts in question have since never been replaced.
    Personally I take the Jeep to Bulli when I can. Auto Worx did my gearbox oil last year as I couldn't get the Jeep to Bulli.
    Service was good and their overall feedback to me was also picked up by Bulli (and resolved by him).
    I really do take my jeeps there but I cannot afford the petrol there and back and there again to pick up the jeep. Driving 2 V8s will kill me. I am very happy with him but it's just too far

  13. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Touwsriver
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanked: 282

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Autoworx, ask for Ricky(owner)
    Ford Ranger 2.2 XL 4x4

  14. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helderkruin, Gauteng
    Age
    61
    Posts
    120
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Jeep mechanic randburg

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepfamily View Post
    I have heard of them. Are they reasonably priced?
    Thumbs up for Auto Worx. Serviced my previous GC (WK) and the current WK2
    '13 Jeep GC 3.0 CRD Overland
    SLK200 facelift
    TT 3.2 Roadster
    Pajero 3.2 GLS Shorty Gen4
    '95 Vitara JLX Cabrio
    BMW GS1200R
    Dragstar 1100
    Vulcan 1500
    Honda XL500S
    '81 Vespa PX200
    Oryx

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •