Bushlapa Rooimier




Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stellenberg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 13

    Default Bushlapa Rooimier

    Hi guys
    We are looking at purchasing a Bushlapa Rooimier.
    If anyone is aware of a good secondhand unit that is for sale please let me know or PM me.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,858
    Thanked: 694

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Bos View Post
    Hi guys
    We are looking at purchasing a Bushlapa Rooimier.
    If anyone is aware of a good secondhand unit that is for sale please let me know or PM me.
    Thanks
    Are you referring to the 1st Rooimier with the fridge in the nose cone? The 2nd addition Rooimier almost has the shape of the Gogga range with a pop-up roof and fridge slide the same as the Gogga range. This later model only recently came into production so it might not be easy to get one 2nd hand.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stellenberg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    Are you referring to the 1st Rooimier with the fridge in the nose cone? The 2nd addition Rooimier almost has the shape of the Gogga range with a pop-up roof and fridge slide the same as the Gogga range. This later model only recently came into production so it might not be easy to get one 2nd hand.
    Hi Michael
    I am referring to the second edition Rooimier.
    Thanks

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephan Bos For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    37
    Posts
    710
    Thanked: 150

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Stephan

    Looking for a second hand new edition (2nd) Rooimier might be optimistic
    Also price might be the same as new as Michael mentioned they only came into production recently
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D 4x4
    Bush Lapa 810 Miskruier
    ORRA Call Sign: X85
    Gerbers Alu Canopy
    Howlingmoon RTT




  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilux01 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stellenberg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Thanks I will continue searching but I suppose if I don't find anything I would need to buy new.
    Went to the showroom on Saturday to have a look and I am very impressed with the build quality of the product.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephan Bos For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brackenfell
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,127
    Thanked: 184

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Remember to order still this year!
    Uys Snyders

    Trailblazer 2.8DuraMax
    Bushlapa Vlooi B237

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    42
    Posts
    135
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Bos View Post
    Thanks I will continue searching but I suppose if I don't find anything I would need to buy new.
    Went to the showroom on Saturday to have a look and I am very impressed with the build quality of the product.
    I also searched for a secondhand Miskruier 2 years ago....for a long time, could not find any (they are a bit more available now secondhand). In the end I ordered one from Martin end of 2016...never looked back! You will not be sorry....all the best with the journey!
    Jannie
    2007 Fortuner D4D 4x4
    2017 Fortuner GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to cheetah For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    42
    Thanked: 27

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Uys Snyders View Post
    Remember to order still this year!
    Hi Uys

    Is there a price increase on the way or why would you say this.

    Regards

    Johan

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brackenfell
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,127
    Thanked: 184

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Myburgh View Post
    Hi Uys

    Is there a price increase on the way or why would you say this.

    Regards

    Johan


    Johan dit is op Bushlapa se Facebook blad aangekondig.
    Uys Snyders

    Trailblazer 2.8DuraMax
    Bushlapa Vlooi B237

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    37
    Posts
    710
    Thanked: 150

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Stephan

    In my book the new range Rooimier is a major upgrade on the previous version
    This provides a lot of packing space for a 2 bed and that pop up roof an front load box are great additions.
    If I remember correctly the Rooimier does not come with many extras and even the awning etc you add as what you want/ need, that allows plenty of customization opportunity

    If you want to go as light as possible for two people towing, I believe there is no better
    Last edited by Hilux01; 2018/11/06 at 07:52 AM.
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D 4x4
    Bush Lapa 810 Miskruier
    ORRA Call Sign: X85
    Gerbers Alu Canopy
    Howlingmoon RTT




  15. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Durbanville
    Posts
    3,556
    Thanked: 1095

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Myburgh View Post
    Hi Uys

    Is there a price increase on the way or why would you say this.

    Regards

    Johan
    Annual price increases. By ordering now you either way only get the unit next year, but you pay the going rate at time of order.
    <insert all your cars, your wife's car, your kids pram model and your underpants size here - apparently it adds value and boosts you ego>


    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stellenberg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilux01 View Post
    Stephan

    In my book the new range Rooimier is a major upgrade on the previous version
    This provides a lot of packing space for a 2 bed and that pop up roof an front load box are great additions.
    If I remember correctly the Rooimier does not come with many extras and even the awning etc you add as what you want/ need, that allows plenty of customization opportunity

    If you want to go as light as possible for two people towing, I believe there is no better
    Hi there Hilux01
    Yes that is why we are looking at the Rooimier.
    -We are only 2 people so size wise it is perfect for our needs.
    -The storage space inside and the size of the external storage box in the front is a big plus for us.
    -The fact that it comes with the minimum accessories gives us the opportunity to custom build it accordingly.
    -Packing space underneath the bed is also more than sufficient.
    Regards

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,669
    Thanked: 95

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    We also looked at the rooimier, but after adding options, we opted for the boskriek..no big difference in weight..

    not sure if the rooimier can take a 90L fridge, but then again, depends on your requirements..

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    42
    Thanked: 27

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Uys Snyders View Post


    Johan dit is op Bushlapa se Facebook blad aangekondig.
    Dankie Uys

    Dit maak sin

    Lekker dag

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,858
    Thanked: 694

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by D-tox View Post
    We also looked at the rooimier, but after adding options, we opted for the boskriek..no big difference in weight..

    not sure if the rooimier can take a 90L fridge, but then again, depends on your requirements..
    The fridge slide on the new Rooimier is the same as on the Gogga units. That load box in the front is nice but keep in mind that you do not have a nose cone. I'm sure a nose cone can be added...
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  21. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stellenberg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    The fridge slide on the new Rooimier is the same as on the Gogga units. That load box in the front is nice but keep in mind that you do not have a nose cone. I'm sure a nose cone can be added...
    We are not to worried about a nose cone/box we travel light and most of the general items going into the nose cone can go into the load box.
    I suppose it would also be good not to load the front section to heavy.

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    37
    Posts
    710
    Thanked: 150

    Default Re: Bushlapa Rooimier

    Stephan

    To tell you the honest truth if we were only 2, our option would have been for a Bosluis, but the fixed addition to a vehicle (except if you have a dedicated overlander + the fact that it not a "longer in one place stay over unit" as you have to fold bed and awning each day would have left us with the Rooimier as answer for 2 - in the meanwhile our Miskruier is more than what we need with the kids still small

    Towing obviously bring other challenges but I guess it is a choice based on intended purposes - and here the Bosluis is superior when no need to tow
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D 4x4
    Bush Lapa 810 Miskruier
    ORRA Call Sign: X85
    Gerbers Alu Canopy
    Howlingmoon RTT




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •