How is Zimbabwe these days

Default How is Zimbabwe these days

HI guys Has anyone gone through Zim lately , Has it improved? Are the roadblocks still happening . Please let me know your opinions.

Default Re: How is Zimbabwe these days

No road blocks for quite a while already. The big problem is fuel now, queue for two days to get 20lt!

It is great if you have enough fuel for the whole trip, like maybe go in at Plumtree Border Post after filling up in Francistown and go as far as Vic Falls and go back through to Kazangula Border Post to fill up in Kazangula town or Kasane town.

Zim is lovely, but expensive, unless you do the currency switch as told in a post about 2 weeks ago.
    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-of-your-visit

I go there 2 or 3 times a year, mostly through Pandamatenga Border Post, Hwange and Vic Falls taking international visitors on Safari.
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2018/10/29 at 07:47 PM.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Thanks Malcolm
    I want to go to Malawi. I could just miss Zimbabwe and just go to via Zambia. Would that be better?
    Kind regards
    Dirk

I would go through Botswana, into Zim at Pandamatenga, one night in Hwange, then Vic Falls to Livingstone and Luanda. From there via Great East Road to Malawi. On the way back I woud go via Liwonde Nat Pk and Zomba Plateau and home through Mozambique.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)