2019 Fortuner Facelift? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: 2019 Fortuner Facelift?

[QUOTE=Cream110;4178089]Thought this was the new facelift when I saw this on autotrader..

https://www.autotrader.co.za/car-for...8gd-6/25063409

Attachment 532945No actually thatís a kit, it consists of front bumper with grille and drls and side skirts and rear add on bumper with dummy dual diffuser. Itís a Lexus LX570 kit and it costs R15k at Autocessory across Gateway. price includes fitment.

Default Re: Infotainment

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    Ok it is not a facelift, only a new infotainment system:

https://www.carmag.co.za/news/new-mo...8-gd-6-models/
    Can this be retro fitted to the current 2. 8 models?
    Admin removed

Default Re: Infotainment

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Can this be retro fitted to the current 2. 8 models?
    Will not fit in the current Dash Radio is bigger and it seems like the wiring loom is different!

I see the Aus FT got updated with AEB etc:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/797778/...-fortuner-aeb/
    The entire Fortuner range gets autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection (daytime only), adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist and speed sign recognition as standard for the 2020 model year, following a similar update to the related HiLux ute earlier this year
    Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/10/04 at 10:12 AM.

I'm now on my 3rd Fortuner an 2018 2.8 and I have to say, I do understand why sales are down on this model...... I just expected abit more
    Admin removed

What is this going to do to the price?

"The entire Fortuner range gets autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection (daytime only), adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist and speed sign recognition as standard for the 2020 model year, following a similar update to the related HiLux ute earlier this year"

"The range-topping model gets an 11-speaker JBL audio system, heated and power-adjustable front seats, along with LED fog lights. It also gets climate control, bi-LED headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, a full-size spare wheel, and an extra 220V socket."
    Admin removed

I'm now on my 3rd Fortuner an 2018 2.8 and I have to say, I do understand why sales are down on this model...... I just expected abit more
    Without derailing the thread, but what would you say is disappointing in this one? From the bit that I have seen and had experience with it seems like a prado compared to my 2011 FT2, so I would love the info from people that owns a new one.
    2011 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

The range-topping model gets an 11-speaker JBL audio system,
    Now this sounds like a great update. A stock thumping 11 speaker JBL surround audio system in a fortune . YAY!!!

and an extra 220V socket.
    Yes. A cool nice-to-have addition for those times it's needed.

But I suspect the above are for the Oz market 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by JacoE View Post
    From the bit that I have seen and had experience with it seems like a prado compared to my 2011 FT2, so I would love the info from people that owns a new one.
    I have said this before and I will say it again.

In terms of ride quality and refinement, there is no noticeable difference between current fortuner 2.8 4x4 auto and Prado TX.

(Forget the VX.. it's different)

I have driven both. I did not find a difference. Apart from TX being slightly wider inside. Just slightly. But fortuner is otherwise the same in all other ways, and even better on torque.

Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    Now this sounds like a great update. A stock thumping 11 speaker JBL surround audio system in a fortune . YAY!!!

Yes. A cool nice-to-have addition for those times it's needed.

But I suspect the above are for the Oz market 🤨
    Toyota SA is bringing more and more JBL systems into our local fleet ! The 200 VX has also now been updated with a 14 speaker JBL system and two monitors for rear passengers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    Toyota SA is bringing more and more JBL systems into our local fleet ! The 200 VX has also now been updated with a 14 speaker JBL system and two monitors for rear passengers!
    Yes that's one hell of a cracker.

The Toyota SA website does not seem to suggest so.
    LC200VXR still has 9-speaker and no rear video entertainment.

The Picture posted is from Toyota SA official bulletin! I am not allowed to post the bulletin ( I work for Toyota). All 200 VX-R models as from August 2019 will be fitted like this! This is the only specification change for 2019 , the GX-R will stay as is and VX-R with brown interior will be discontinued!

The Picture posted is from Toyota SA official bulletin! I am not allowed to post the bulletin ( I work for Toyota). All 200 VX-R models as from August 2019 will be fitted like this! This is the only specification change for 2019 , the GX-R will stay as is and VX-R with brown interior will be discontinued!
    Ahh ok..

So when do we get JBL for fortuner..

Internal rumours suggest a specification change for next year around September, but nothing definite yet on exactly what will be changed!

Internal rumours suggest a specification change for next year around September, but nothing definite yet on exactly what will be changed!
    Ah okay. Anyway I'm sure many are looking forward to the facelift and what's on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JacoE View Post
    Without derailing the thread, but what would you say is disappointing in this one? From the bit that I have seen and had experience with it seems like a prado compared to my 2011 FT2, so I would love the info from people that owns a new one.
    My Mrs drives a 2018 model and i drive a 2010 model.

New model definitely a step up from mine regarding driving and interior comfort but not so much that i have been tempted to trade mine on a new model. Nothing disappoints however.

Mine used to be the holiday long hauler but now the Mrs' car has taken over these duties with mine being my daily. No intention of upgrading myself as the old girl still looks and drives like a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by AZV View Post
    No intention of upgrading myself as the old girl still looks and drives like a new car.
    Tends to happen when you pamper and look after them well

Quote Originally Posted by AZV View Post
    My Mrs drives a 2018 model and i drive a 2010 model.

New model definitely a step up from mine regarding driving and interior comfort but not so much that i have been tempted to trade mine on a new model. Nothing disappoints however.

Mine used to be the holiday long hauler but now the Mrs' car has taken over these duties with mine being my daily. No intention of upgrading myself as the old girl still looks and drives like a new car.
    Same here, especially since I haven't had a car payment in almost 5 years. But sometimes things happen and one has to do a upgrade and in this case I have only heard good things about the new FT, so I would love to hear what dissapoints Marco about the new one.
    2011 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

Let me try do this properly...
    My Vehicle History
    2010 Fortuner 3.0D4D Auto
    unichip + exhaust
    Upgraded Std speakers with Kenwood + satnav + rear Entertainment

2013 Fortuner 3.0D4D Manual
    unichip + exhaust
    Upgraded all the Std speakers to JBL + satnav,
    Shocks replaced with those yellow gas ones think they where monru

2018 Fortuner 2.8 gd6 Auto
    Still under warranty so only added rear Entertainment
    Sofar I've traveled 13 000km in 3 months)

Comparison between my D4D and my GD-6
    Fuel consumption
    2. 8 is definitely heavier on fuel than my D4D,
    City I get 7.5km.
    Cape-town and back 8.9km - D4D easily got 10km+ on long road
    Could this be the difference between Auto and Manual? Or the Unichip in the D4D I'm not sure.

Power.
    Not really better maybe it's the auto maybe it's coz I had unichip in the D4D not sure but the GD6 isn't day and night difference to the D4D. My wife drove it a bit from cape Town to Pretoria and she also said the D4D just felt abit better
    *This was when she overtook a truck in power mode with the gearbox in S, when you select S the gd6 immediately drops 1 gear down

My 2018 gd6 Auto box is better than my 2010 Auto box but, that's not saying much.... It still needs allot of refinement, PaddleShift on the stearing wheel, the biggest waste of time, money and development on this car, should have rather used that efferot and cost towards better speakers or satnav

I don't understand why Toyota doesn't use the ZF 8 speed box which probably 90% of all other suvs uses this would have brought down the fuel consumption allot and it also comes with PaddleShift 😁

Equipment
    Speakers......lets just say I'm going to have to upgrade them again! No difference to the D4D just terrible!
    Radio..... Seriously R600k for an SUV and you don't get satnav,

The late 2019 models wil get an new radio with satnav

Why on earth did you take away the volume and tuner nobs?
    You can't really put your radio really soft or loud quickly because the touch screen takes forever to respond when hitting the volume button

The late 2019 models has a new radio with nobs again

Mirrolink.... Sorry what is that again? Not supported you have to buy some cable, software app and blah blah blah.

My only real improvement in the gd6 is the interior,
    finally we get a small cooler in the dash,
    dark brown interior is much better than the cream interior
    Seats are more comfortable and the whole interior just feels allot more premium, the dash is a big improvement aswel

At R600k plus, this is an premium SUV, I just think it's time that Toyota gives us abit more for our money

Better Sound
    Satnav
    Power 170kw?
    Gearbox 8 speed?

So what am I to do?
    Option 1 - sell the 2018 buy an 2016 2.8GD-6 and upgrade it as per previous Fortuners
    Upgrade speakers add satnav + rear Entertainment
    Unichip + exhaust (170kw 520nm)
    Proper shocks

Option 2
    Sell and buy a German SUV

I really don't want to open an whole simba chip thread but, come on Toyota the 2.8 can be taken to over 200kw this with a 1 year guarantee yes I know it's not an race car but, can we get a little bit more power? Even if it's just in power mode for overtaking and towing?

Standard Fortuner
    Power: 130 kW.Torque: 450 Nm.

RGM Stage 1
    170kw 520nm (1 year, 20 000km warranty)

RGM Stage 3
    205kw 580nm (1 year, 20 000km warranty)

I think the Fortuner definitely looks the part inside and out and is one of the spacious SUV's in its class but, I'm just getting tired of having to upgrade and add to an already expensive SUV.

Upgrades cost breakdown to follow
    Admin removed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast