Discovery 4 LR SA reneges on D4 warranty - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: LR SA reneges on D4 warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Regard View Post
    Just shows you....

Every one experience service differently from different agents
    Ok some feedback, never heard a word from any of the dealerships and I did receive feedback from Landrover South Africa and I quote -

Jaguar Land Rover South Africa has reviewed your concern and unfortunately the decision remains unchanged.

We always strive to help our customers in all of their concerns however at times we are guided by policy and procedures.

Jaguar Land Rover South Africa is unable to accede to your request of receiving any financial assistance towards the repair.

Should you feel that you did not receive the desired assistance and/or outcome from Jaguar Land Rover South Africa, you may opt to make contact with the Motor Industry Ombudsman on [email protected]/ 012 841 2945 for their independent evaluation and arbitration.

Nice, when I mentioned that I had started my online exposure they responded "Do as you please" attitude is that they really don't care, this post has already had 1223 views so they take that for granted, they have lost me as a client for life hopefully some of the 1223 views won't make the same mistake.

Love my Disco 4 and I have decided to keep it for the wife and have it looked after by an independent expert and ordered a new LC 200, they gave me a great deal on it.
    2017 Hilux XCab
    2014 Landrover Discovery 4 XS (Lifted 50mm)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Traction For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post
    Ok some feedback, never heard a word from any of the dealerships and I did receive feedback from Landrover South Africa and I quote -

Jaguar Land Rover South Africa has reviewed your concern and unfortunately the decision remains unchanged.

We always strive to help our customers in all of their concerns however at times we are guided by policy and procedures.

Jaguar Land Rover South Africa is unable to accede to your request of receiving any financial assistance towards the repair.

Should you feel that you did not receive the desired assistance and/or outcome from Jaguar Land Rover South Africa, you may opt to make contact with the Motor Industry Ombudsman on [email protected]/ 012 841 2945 for their independent evaluation and arbitration.

Nice, when I mentioned that I had started my online exposure they responded "Do as you please" attitude is that they really don't care, this post has already had 1223 views so they take that for granted, they have lost me as a client for life hopefully some of the 1223 views won't make the same mistake.

Love my Disco 4 and I have decided to keep it for the wife and have it looked after by an independent expert and ordered a new LC 200, they gave me a great deal on it.
    It is a pitty because you are missing out on one hell of a car in the New Discovery!
    The LC200 does not even come close to it.

But I am sure you will enjoy it.

Ps.... this is so weird?? I’ e heard of so manny people getting serious repairs done on JLR’s bill just after warranty has expired even though the problem was not mentioned before? Would love to know why they are so “hardball” with you?
    Last edited by Regard; 2018/10/21 at 01:10 PM.

It is a pitty because you are missing out on one hell of a car in the New Discovery!

Ps.... this is so weird?? I’ e heard of so manny people getting serious repairs done on JLR’s bill just after warranty has expired even though the problem was not mentioned before? Would love to know why they are so “hardball” with you?
    MMMM, have you driven the LC 200? Have you been offroad in both? Have you towed with both? I have and although the D5 is awesome, there is no way I would change my LC200 for a D5. The LC200 just has too many advantages over the D5 for a combined on and offroader.
    Last edited by BruceHun; 2018/10/21 at 01:14 PM.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

You said it, it isn't a 4x4.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    You said it, it isn't a 4x4.
    Ja Jelo...

As you whish

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    MMMM, have you driven the LC 200? Have you been offroad in both? Have you towed with both? I have and although the D5 is awesome, there is no way I would change my LC200 for a D5. The LC200 just has too many advantages over the D5 for a combined on and offroader.
    Cool, I trust your opinion!

I have made a very comprehensive comparrison for you on a thread a few months ago which (in my view) proved the LC to be seriously over priced and out classed but as they say....different strokes for different folks and neither of us will change the others opinion.

I just seriously dislike the LC’s. The looks, the product, etc...
    Last edited by Regard; 2018/10/21 at 01:29 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Regard For This Useful Post:

Cool, I trust your opinion!

I have made a very comprehensive comparrison for you on a thread a few months ago which (in my view) proofed the LC to be seriously over priced and out classed but as they say....different strokes for different folks and neither of us will change the others opinion.

I just seriously dislike the LC’s. The looks, the product, etc...
    Provide link please as I did the same with the D4. I have done a recent comparison myself and to spec a D5 to the same as my LC200 puts the D5 at 140K more....

My biggest negatives, no LR fuel tank as standard, the rim size, no possibility to put winch on front. poor performance in sand when towing boat and trailer on beach,launching and retrieval.

D5 and D4 better in rocky terrain if it has correct tyres and due to air suspension.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

The D4 is a stunner, but with all this negative publicity its getting, its not on my list.
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OFFROAD ADDICT For This Useful Post:

Sorry to hear Traction. You made one hell of choice on The LC 200.....congratulations!! Best vehicle out there by far!!
    Francois

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Provide link please

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...t=#post3965225

Ok, so for shitsandgiggles I did some comparrison for Bruce:

Price
    LC200 VX R-Black R1 372 800
    D5 Si6 HSE R1 295 000

Engine power
    LC200 4.5 V8 diesel 195Kw/650Nm
    D5 Td6 190Kw/600Nm, Si4 (2l petrol) 221Kw/400Nm, Si6(3l petrol SC) 250Kw/450Nm

Performance (0-100km/h)
    LC200 8.9seconds
    D5 Si6 7.1seconds

Gearbox
    LC200 6 gears auto
    D5 8 gears auto

Offroad capabilities
    Ground clearance
    LC200 230mm
    D5 284mm

Wading
    LC200 700mm
    D5 900mm

Departure angle
    LC200 24deg
    D5 30deg

Approach angle
    LC200 32deg
    D5 34deg

Brake over angle
    LC200 25deg
    D5 27.5deg

Difflocks
    LC200 VX only center diff lock
    D5 Center diff lock AND Rear difflock

Weight
    LC200 2740kg
    D5 2150kg

Load space
    LC200 1276L
    D5 1231L

Wheel base
    LC200 2850mm
    D5 2923

Width
    LC200 1980mm
    D5 2220mm

So, in a nutshell, THERE IS NOWHERE WHERE THE LC200 beats the D5 (except for the 40L more load space...).
    Last edited by Regard; 2018/10/21 at 02:27 PM.

Now I remember and checked my answers. Seems I covered most of your spec comparison. Remember stats and specs aren't the be all and end all...ask the Boks.

Since then I have driven the D5 towing and beach launching.....the 200 is much better. The D5 still digs in in thick sand, even with disc off. I tried rock crawl mode and it was a bit better. The LC just eases over the sand. I also found that the D5 rear difflock woks like a LSD and not a true difflock...the LC200 Atrac works the same then.

Proof of the pudding is use of the vehicles in differing conditions. I don't care about 0-100 speed etc. The actual negatives of the D5 count against it big time for overlanding:

1. Wheel and tyre size
    2. No long range tank
    3. No front winch fitment
    4. Air suspension
    5. EPB
    6. Unproven in offroad conditions
    7. SDV6 implosion probability

But we are off topic now. I feel sorry when we have to fight dealers to be fair and give us good service.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Wow, this has really gone way OT.

To bring it closer maybe some detail on how often each manufacturer reneges on warranty claims. Maybe also how often repairs out of warranty period got settled as warranty claims?

Where is the real support and back-up for a vehicle costing more than the average house.
    Hermanator

Herman Smit

Gents just for clarification, I have no problem with the Disco 4 or 5, I absolutely love them but refuse to put my hard earned money into a product with little or no backing especially since I have just been burnt by them.

Secondly just the facts, this is a R20k bill that was supposed to be repaired under a valid warranty. I am not asking them to repair my vehicle out of warranty but based on this imagine I was fighting for a engine or gearbox replacement. Furthermore as per attachments in original post the vehicle was booked in twice with LR Menlyn before the warranty expired and the bookings were postponed by them, when it was finally booked in the warranty had apparently expired three weeks earlier. The under warranty handbrake issue was put in writing to LR Menlyn within the warranty period.

Finally I have owned a LC 200, used one extensively in the dunes when I worked in Dubai as well so I am familiar with them and they are a solid option. To way in on the D4/D5 debate I have owned several D3/D4 HSE models and searched for 6 months for a decent XS that I currently have, in my opinion LR dropped the ball on the D5 by not offering a XS spec with coil springs and less gadgets that I have no use for. My use for a 4x4 is to travel off the beaten track so the less that can go wrong the better.
    2017 Hilux XCab

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Traction For This Useful Post:

1997 Discovery 1 300tdi - Pussy Galore
    1996 Discovery 1 V8 - Mr Creosote

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBlue42 View Post
    member only article
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    member only article
    Weird... It let me read it but they also asking for bucks now
    1997 Discovery 1 300tdi - Pussy Galore
    1996 Discovery 1 V8 - Mr Creosote

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBlue42 View Post
    Weird... It let me read it but they also asking for bucks now
    Thanks @MickeyBlue42 I saw the facebook article as attached.
    Last edited by Traction; 2018/10/25 at 01:35 PM.
    2017 Hilux XCab

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traction For This Useful Post:

Well gents some feedback, after receiving a negative reply from LR SA in regards to our Forum and their consideration to the current 2500 views of the post been of no value to them I escalated this to LR HQ in the UK.

I received a prompt response promising a full investigation and a solution but to date nothing.

At this point I am initiating a claim against them via the small claims court, any info of who the head of LR SA is I would appreciate as I will be naming him as the first responder as recommended along with the DP of LR Menlyn whose franchise dropped the ball.
    2017 Hilux XCab

Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post
    Well gents some feedback, after receiving a negative reply from LR SA in regards to our Forum and their consideration to the current 2500 views of the post been of no value to them I escalated this to LR HQ in the UK.

I received a prompt response promising a full investigation and a solution but to date nothing.

At this point I am initiating a claim against them via the small claims court, any info of who the head of LR SA is I would appreciate as I will be naming him as the first responder as recommended along with the DP of LR Menlyn whose franchise dropped the ball.
    Small claims often works because the lazy bastards don't want to have to schlep down to court, easier for them to rather authorise the warranty work or do the payout, nevermind it may be that they may know they will lose.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Skylark For This Useful Post:

Marketing director is Lisa Mallet. @Lisa_Mallett on twitter

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeBob For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast