Campmaster Profreeze/economy switch please help

Default Campmaster Profreeze/economy switch please help

I've purchased a second 4x4 fridge, bought it second hand. Its a Campmaster 45L with stainless exterior. It has a Danfoss compressor.
    It has a switch that in up position is for economy and down for Profreeze technology. There isn't any info on what this does in the booklet that I got with it (think its just the wiring booking etc)
    Can anyone help to explain how this works?
    Secondly the fridge runs cold down to -10 but it doesnt seem to be calibrated to its own thermometer... so if I set it to -16 then it ran at -10 or set it to -5 it was actually around 0 (Had a manual thermometer inside) Any idea why this would be? Thx
    Last edited by rbrueton; 2018/10/11 at 11:34 AM.

Default Re: Campmaster Profreeze/economy switch please help

T profreeze function is to turbo freeze, uses a heap load more power. Be carefull when using it on 12 volt battery. Will kill battery quickly.

Does this have the digital or the turn knob for setting?

my FIL has this same model.

His runs 24/7 on -3 deg.

Hi Dwayne,
    Thanks for the info.
    It has a digital temp display.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrueton View Post
    Hi Dwayne,
    Thanks for the info.
    It has a digital temp display.
    The compressor controller has input pins over which you can add a resistor, different resistor values determine the speed of the compressor (RPM) and this in turn determines the current draw. The Economy - ProFreeze switch just switches a resistor in or out of the circuit thus causing the compressor to run slower and draw less current.
    But here's the catch for which I don't have an awnser yet, if the compressor runs slower, won't it take longer to reach the set temp thus using the same amount of power as running it faster?

The temp probe for the digital thermometer is located in a position where it doesnt measure the internal air temp but rather the 'wall' temp where it is installed (inside the insulation close the the cooling pipes), it thus measure the correct temp for where it is located but not for the inside of the compartment, it should be calibrated to make provision for this but it is either wrong or not done for your fridge.

If this is an older CampMaster take note that the 220volt circuit in the compressor controller is damaged easily when there are spikes on the 220volt side, try and get some protection on that line, a new controller cost more than half of the fridge price, the 12volt side is robust, if the 220volt side blows then you can add a powersupply and run it from 12volt permanent.
    Neil

5. The Following User Says Thank You to neoT For This Useful Post:

RnR