Brand se baai

Thread: Brand se baai

Lightbulb Brand se baai

Morning I am Richard and for many years I recieve every week a mail from this forum and enjoy reading it, well I decide to join and enable me to participate. Still new with the working of the site as a memeber but will get their!!!!!!I decide that me and my wife Anien going to explore the West Coast 29 October around Brand se Baai for a long weekend, well we stay in Worcester and according to the map it's around 380km from us. We love Tietiesbaai because of the bit of remote feeling you've experience and now we want to go all out.I would appreciate if some of your memebers got tips or spots that's suitable to experience the total lock out of civilisation for a weekend?love to here from all your experienced members.Regards

Default Re: Brand se baai

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure how "long" your long weekend will be, but I would suggest you climb off the N7 just after Koekenaap on the gravel running towards the coast past Skaapvlei.

You can then travel all along the coastline, up to Groenriviermond and beyond, and if you do have a 4x4 can go all the way up to Hondeklip Bay. North of Spoegrivier towards Hondeklip Bay you will definitely need a 4x4.

There are a number of Sanparks camping sites along that stretch that you can try out, but I think you need to book beforehand, and then check in at the sanparks office at Groenrivier.

Thanks Blackie for the info, well we want to leave Worcester at about 05h00 the Friday morning and be back the Sunday afternoon. Lukily I drove a Fortuner 4x4 that open the possibilities.Re

Quote Originally Posted by richardt49 View Post
    Thanks Blackie for the info, well we want to leave Worcester at about 05h00 the Friday morning and be back the Sunday afternoon. Lukily I drove a Fortuner 4x4 that open the possibilities.Re
    Going to Brand se Baai you will have to take the turnoff just outside Koekenaap towards Skaapvlei. Your planned time is too short to be able to go all the way up the coast to Hondeklip Bay and back again by the Sunday afternoon. Best would be to just stay at Brand se Baai for the Saturday night as well and perhaps if you leave early morning drive up to Groenriviermond and then exit to the N7 just south of Garies and all the way back to Worcester. But this will be a long drive.

Yes will target Brand se baai for the week-end, some people said there's spots where you just can stop and camp. I going to remove all the seats in the Fortuner to be our bed and the roofrack with the supplies/equipment. O yes don't forget the fishing rods!!!!!

Stayed / farmed in the area. I fished most of my life and was devastated to learn that the coast is not much good for fishing. It did not stop me trying. I would be very surprised if you managed to catch something.
    The previous Namaqua Parks manager and I became good friends and even he, who is a marine biologist, was intrigued by the lack of edible fish on the coastline. Up at the Orange river mouth they seem to have a lot more activity. We heard that at some time one could catch at Groenrivier mond but that was a long time ago.
    But give it a go who knows with nature!
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,
    SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

Welkom Richard
    gerief en krag bo brandstofgebruik
    2007 Nissan Navara 4.0 l 4x4 Auto

How safe is the area?

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Just remember there are NO facilities; you have to be self-sufficient, with water esp. And please take everything you bring, back out with you. These West-coast spots are becoming such a mess with what people leave behind; and the fishing is non-existent.....I regularly go that way and have never even had a bite.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alto For This Useful Post: