Discovery 4 Off-road accesories

Default Discovery 4 Off-road accesories

Hi,

Could anyone give me advise on Discovery 4 accesories. Iím looking for Rock Sliders, Front & Rear bumpers, spare wheel carrier, long range tank, roof rack.
    I would appreciate any advise or information.

Regards
    Dennis

Default Re: Discovery 4 Off-road accesories

Quote Originally Posted by dennisfaul View Post
    Hi,

Could anyone give me advise on Discovery 4 accesories. Iím looking for Rock Sliders, Front & Rear bumpers, spare wheel carrier, long range tank, roof rack.

Regards
    Dennis
    Hi Dennis,

There are many options available commercially, but you do not mention if you are looking for new or second hand?

For new stuff, Front Runner have most of what you are looking for as do G4 outdoor. Burnco will have a bumper to fit and if you send Vernlandy on this Forum a message, he makes rock sliders for the Discos. Stofpad also have them as a stock item and they also sell under body protection.

If you are looking at second hand, BruceT was selling a very nice Roof Rack here on the Forum and then the usual places like FB and gumtree will be your answer.

If you are going to be doing a whole transformation from standard to modified, please take pics before and after and share with us.

Good luck with the hunt for goodies and do not be shy to compare prices.
    Discovery 3 4.0 V6

Hi Chopped,
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I think I want to do it in stages. Most importantly I want 18Ē wheels, but Iím not prepared to pay +50K for a set of 5 Compomotive rims, so Iím trying to source rims locally and as you can guess itís quite a challenge.
    Next I want to fit the Lucky8/Proud Rhino suspension lift. The one with the links and the spacers.
    Then the spare wheel carrier and long range tank.
    Roof rack and dual battery system would also have to come at some stage.

Hi Chopped,

Next I want to fit the Lucky8/Proud Rhino suspension lift. The one with the links and the spacers.
    Then the spare wheel carrier and long range tank.
    Roof rack and dual battery system would also have to come at some stage.
    Has your car got EAS?No spacers but just rods to get the lift.Alternatively you can get a iid tool and do it with the tool.
    If you have the XS model then you work with spacers.The XS come std with 18" wheels.
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

Bruce is also selling a LLams unit for the suspension, I would get that if I was you. (Presuming we not talking about an XS here.)

For rims, find a dealer with a D4 with 18" rims on the floor, and see if you cannot strike a swop deal, even with cash adjustment.

IF the rock sliders from a D3 fits on the D4, then I have a set you migh be interested in. (Also have a set of lift rods, and a D250S DC-DC system available).

Dual battery from G4 Outdoor, very happy
    Rock sliders from Stofpad, very happy

Hi,

Regards
    Dennis
    I also have quite a bit left from my Disco 4, have a set of lifting rods, a LR roof rack, and also a set of LR roof bars with the bag and keys, a set of the short roof rails, full set of carpets and some rubber matts and other odds and ends. If interested you are more than welcome to come have a look. Also a old set of side steps that I wanted to clean up and repair. Pilot friend working for Etihad was soppose to come collect but is he back in the big sandpit and is the stuff taking up space in my garage.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

Hi,

Regards
    Dennis
    The options are quite a few with the cost ranging from good to ridiculous.

Re: 18" rims, if you not prepared to spend on Compomotives, you have a couple options, namely:

1. Steel rims (big and heavy but strong)
    2. Disco 3 rims + spacers. Although, you might not need spacers for the D4 if you have a diesel.

Rocksliders - chat to Detour-GP on the forum, he has just made a set. They look really good. Or you can go stofpad or any other number of places.

Bumpers - Burnco. I'm doing mine there end of the year.
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Achilles XMT's in 265/60/18 [Imvubu]
    BFG KO2 265/65/18's For SALE with 75% tread.