Mpumalanga 4x4 inspirations around extended Blyde River Canyon area

Default Mpumalanga 4x4 inspirations around extended Blyde River Canyon area

Hi everybody.

we will be a outdoor experienced group from Europe with 3 jeeps going on a journey in the end of October 2018. In total 2 weeks from J-Burg to Blyde River Canyon, Kruger, Swaziland, Durban.

As one part of the tour be planned ca. 3 days around Blyde River canyon which seems to be very touristic.
    Our goals is rather to go off the beaten tracks - so I am looking for inspirations in this wonderful forum. No lodges, camping OK, preferable as individual as possible.

Rough idea is to go from J'burg to Barberton / Sabie / Graskop / Canyon and then to Kruger NP. We will spend 3 nights before entering Kruger.
    Does this make sense?

- What are great spots to go where there is rather nature than people?

- Is "wild / bush" camping OK or a no-go?
    I've done this most of the time in Tanzania and it was far better than any 5* lodge.

- What about 4x4 trails without a guide? any great routes in this area?
    Is the land public or privat owned? What rules should we consider?

Happy to receive any kind of recommendation that will make our tour a once-a-lifetime experience.

Thanks a lot!
    Ope

Default Re: Mpumalanga 4x4 inspirations around extended Blyde River Canyon area

Hi Ope,
    I now realise it is you who posted in the Barberton thread. I'll drop you a message with my email, maybe something can be arranged. What are your dates?

Default Re: Mpumalanga 4x4 inspirations around extended Blyde River Canyon area

Hi if you have fixed dates we should be able to assist with bush camping at our gamefarm near Nelspruit, Swaziborder and inside Swaziland too.
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3