The bad side of drones.

Thankfully a happy ending.

Default Re: Drones

This guy is an idiot.
    NJ Vermaak

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D | '85 PUCH Geländewagen | Bush Lapa Miskruier 404

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njvermaak For This Useful Post:

And like always one person will f -up everything for everyone else . I want one for our dune driving trips ( to save myself trouble of stopping and scouting a route forward and take nice action shots but already drones are prohibited in the national parks )

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bartho For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bartho View Post
    And like always one person will f -up everything for everyone else . I want one for our dune driving trips ( to save myself trouble of stopping and scouting a route forward and take nice action shots but already drones are prohibited in the national parks )
    En daar in Nam is 'n liksens N$1200. Die liksens verg dat jy voor die tyd bepaal waar en wanneer daar gevlieg word. Bewys van derde party versekering en nog 'n spul byna onhaalbare vereistes. Die poepholle het reeds dinge opgeneuk vir die wettige verantwoordelike gebruikers.
    Last edited by kenskind; 2018/11/05 at 01:20 PM.

Bartho, Mansworld daar in W'Bay.

I ordered a refurbished one from Droneworld, a bit cheaper than new.
    Johan Kriel

LC's and Echo Chobe

Hier is die NAM reels en regulasies:
    http://www.dca.com.na/sos-fops-rpa.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Betta View Post
    The bad side of drones.

Thankfully a happy ending.

Yip Drones DONT belong in any Wild Life area

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    I basically agree, but i really do not see harm in video of bear and cub. This drone was high up in the air, is almost silent at that height and surely did not scare mother or cub in any way.

What video shows is training exercise for cub - how to get up a snowy slope and vid is an entertaining wildlife story.

Drones are not helicopters with clattering blades and noise polluting engines.

Yes idiots always spoil fun for us standard guys, jetskis, quads etc.

Next time on farmweekend, i plan to trace and then follow some impala to prove or disprove some of the complaints, i.e. to see if and when impala notice drone Mavic Pro
    Last edited by julius caesar; 2018/11/08 at 07:42 AM.
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

11. The Following User Says Thank You to julius caesar For This Useful Post:

I'm not using my drone anymore because I basically can't fly it anywhere where it's of use to me. I went through the trouble of getting an RPL as well, not to fly commercially but to be able to fly in more places legit / safely. Turns out that was an instrumental waste of time an money. As an example, I can't even register my drone to get a tail number (to use as a call sign) because I'm doing this in my personal capacity and don't have an ROC (even though I have the radio qualification). And so the list goes on

Bottom line is, today, be very sure why you want a drone and where you can fly it before you buy one

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by kangelachris View Post
    unless you are a professional who has the necessary permits to use them for commercial purposes. My 2c worth ;-)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christoff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by julius caesar View Post
    I basically agree, but i really do not see harm in video of bear and cub. This drone was high up in the air, is almost silent at that height and surely did not scare mother or cub in any way.

What video shows is training exercise for cub - how to get up a snowy slope and vid is an entertaining wildlife story.
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...rassment-news/

https://www.cell.com/current-biology...822(15)00827-1

http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.o.../11/2/20140754
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    Unless they are used for anti-poaching purposes? Then all is forgiven?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

I see they mention that bear was watching the drone. Bear was watching the cub and she may have looked at another drone close by her on top of mountain.

That drone taking the vid was high up in air to take vid from above. There is never an angle close up to mother filming the cub from her side.

When my drone is 60m up in air i cannot hear it at all and at a distance of 500m it is merely a black dot in sky i cannot even see

Some drones have for example Hasselblad cameras and can zoom optically and digitally.

Even my drone camera can take vids with so much mbs that my son's laptop cannot really cope with. To see a wildlife vid and then state that drone was hassling animal is not always true, in fact this is same as to state all Landrovers leak oil or all Fortuners roll over
    Last edited by julius caesar; 2018/11/08 at 03:41 PM.
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julius caesar For This Useful Post:

"Yip Drones DONT belong in any Wild Life area"

And no buts...
    If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right. SJ

Quote Originally Posted by Damdan View Post
    "Yip Drones DONT belong in any Wild Life area"

And no buts...
    And what is a "wild life area"?

If someone can visit Wildlife areas with his drone, why cant I with my AK1-3 Chopper

(The only real difference is it has a single Subaru 2.5 engine, not many little elec motors)
    2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) beyond 840 000 km

I see they mention that bear was watching the drone. Bear was watching the cub and she may have looked at another drone close by her on top of mountain.

That drone taking the vid was high up in air to take vid from above. There is never an angle close up to mother filming the cub from her side.

When my drone is 60m up in air i cannot hear it at all and at a distance of 500m it is merely a black dot in sky i cannot even see

Some drones have for example Hasselblad cameras and can zoom optically and digitally.

Even my drone camera can take vids with so much mbs that my son's laptop cannot really cope with. To see a wildlife vid and then state that drone was hassling animal is not always true, in fact this is same as to state all Landrovers leak oil or all Fortuners roll over
    Right , YOU cannot hear it . Perfect !! Go do research on animals sir !! How far do dogs hear ? How far do elephants hear and feel vibration ?? How far do all the other animals hear and feel vibrations ?? You have a bit of homework to do !! So first go get those facts !! Once you are a expert on the sounds and hearing capabilities of wild life , come post here ! Also the vibrations that they feel ! NOT hear !
    Last edited by johannes14; 2018/11/08 at 04:30 PM.
    2004 Defender TD5
    1992 Defender 3.5V8
    PROJECT OVERHAUL http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...oject+overhaul

23. The Following User Says Thank You to johannes14 For This Useful Post:

I agree with ".....hassling animal is not always true,..." but it is true most of the time.

So if the drone is not being deployed for actual formal conservation activities, I have a serious issue with that drone owner.
    2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) beyond 840 000 km

Quote Originally Posted by johannes14 View Post
    Right , YOU cannot hear it . Perfect !! Go do research on animals sir !! How far do dogs hear ? How far do elephants hear and feel vibration ?? How far do all the other animals hear and feel vibrations ?? You have a bit of homework to do !! So first go get those facts !! Once you are a expert on the sounds and hearing capabilities of wild life , come post here ! Also the vibrations that they feel ! NOT hear !
    Like everything man is destroying the world

then recreation boats with engines also need to be banned in the oceans or marine reserves, what about the millions of vessels having a impact on marine animals which rely on sonar,
    1995 300TDi Defender with VGT Turbo
    2002 Defender with LS1 MS3 ECU, 4L80e, LT230 1.222, Lockers and HD CW&P, 35" with 4" Lift

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clivemd For This Useful Post:

One of those funny topics, or is that, strange topics.

It's a bit like our excessively PC approach to modern life issues.

If an animal can hear and see a drone, but it doesn't scare or frighten him, what's the problem, even if he acknowledges its presence.

I am pretty damn sure he can see and hear your car, or your chatter, and smell the petrol fumes and perfume and cigarettes.

And the buck and mongoose and birds in my garden really don't seem to mind my DSTV and V8 cars and children playing.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Noise believe it or not does affect the animal kingdom one way or another.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CrpkZkwTvu0
    Last edited by Roberto Betta; 2018/11/08 at 05:24 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast