drawer framework for a conqourer safari

Default drawer framework for a conqourer safari

Hi Everybody;I'm in the second stage of refurbishing my conqueror safari. The second last item for this year (apart from the door rubbers and seals) is to replace the aging rusting drawer framework and sliders.So i have removed the drawer framework (found that the sliders were welded to the framework) and I bought some 7330 Furnlock sliders.What I'm in two minds about though, is what to build the new sliders framework from. I'm quite keen on using 38mm square connect-it's and aluminium, but I'm not too sure on how rugged they are and if they will last as long as the original 20mm square tube steel framework.Anybody that has built something like this before and can comment on how sturdy the connect-it-and-aluminium strategy is?
    Last edited by boanergesza1; 2018/10/03 at 01:33 PM.

Default Re: drawer framework for a conqourer safari

Quote Originally Posted by boanergesza1 View Post
    Hi Everybody;I'm in the second stage of refurbishing my conqueror safari. The second last item for this year (apart from the door rubbers and seals) is to replace the aging rusting drawer framework and sliders.So i have removed the drawer framework (found that the sliders were welded to the framework) and I bought some 7330 Furnlock sliders.What I'm in two minds about though, is what to build the new sliders framework from. I'm quite keen on using 38mm square connect-it's and aluminium, but I'm not too sure on how rugged they are and if they will last as long as the original 20mm square tube steel framework.Anybody that has built something like this before and can comment on how sturdy the connect-it-and-aluminium strategy is?
    I have used the 25mm square aluminium connect-it system extensively inside my Conqueror Courage, and have to say it has stood up very well to some rough travelling. No problems at all.
    Toyota Hilux 4x4 4 Litre
    Conquerer Courage
    KTM 690 Enduro R