Cuttings a new door in Wilderness / Challenger trailer (who in Cape Town?)

Default Cuttings a new door in Wilderness / Challenger trailer (who in Cape Town?)

I'm thinking of having a new door put into my Wilderness 310 trailer, opposite the existing door. There is about 20cm wasted space behind the fridge slide, so looking at the best way to utilize that space which is pretty much inaccessible.

Who would be able to do this work? Preferably in the Montague Gardens area for convenience purposes
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Default Re: Cuttings a new door in Wilderness / Challenger trailer (who in Cape Town?)

Have you thought of replacing the slider with a longer one and add something next to the fridge? Then there's no need for body work and the old slider you can sell. Just another option
    2009 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 d-4d 4x2
    Custom off-road trailer with Echo TTT

Default Re: Cuttings a new door in Wilderness / Challenger trailer (who in Cape Town?)

Quote Originally Posted by konstanddp View Post
    Have you thought of replacing the slider with a longer one and add something next to the fridge? Then there's no need for body work and the old slider you can sell. Just another option
    The problem with this is that you cannot move the fridge too far to the back of the slider, otherwise the fridge door will not open, when the slider is pulled out.

I have the same wasted space on my Challenger Bundu Basher. Moved the fridge as far back as possible in the slider tray, that left a bit of space in front of the fridge where I have put in a plastic upright container in which I now store some items.

A longer slider is also about 4mm too long to fit
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    A longer slider is also about 4mm too long to fit
    Looking at my sliders, I think you should be able to trim 4mm on the front without issues. Looks like there is about 15mm in front of the inner stopper.
    Then you can add a container/cupboard at the back that will not have the lid issue like the fridge.
    Your idea of a door at the back will have benefits though, like storage for shoesin the tent.
    2009 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 d-4d 4x2
    Custom off-road trailer with Echo TTT