McKenzie 4x4

Thread: McKenzie 4x4

Default McKenzie 4x4

Hi All...

Does anyone know what is happening with McKenzie 4x4? I made bookings with them at the beginning of the year for my trip in Nov and I still havenít recieved vouchers, permits and the feedback from the office isnít too helpful.

I dont mean to bad mouth them, they have helped and were amazing previously. Iím just trying to figure out if they are still in business...

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: McKenzie 4x4

Kurt is a Forum Member, I guess he will respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilsbury View Post
    Hi All...

Does anyone know what is happening with McKenzie 4x4? I made bookings with them at the beginning of the year for my trip in Nov and I still haven’t recieved vouchers, permits and the feedback from the office isn’t too helpful.

I dont mean to bad mouth them, they have helped and were amazing previously. I’m just trying to figure out if they are still in business...

Thanks in advance.
    I have had similar issues with them, I started the process in November 2017 with bookings as I was informed by them previously after a botched trip that they needed to have the bookings done at least 12 months in Advance. I reconfirmed in January 2018 and was informed that everything was under control, I emailed monthly from January 2018 and finally in December I was informed that many camps were not booked as I had booked too late. I had to accept we were not getting the camps we requested and had to double back and even do some bookings outside the park just to act as fillers to go back into the parks. To date I still have not had official confirmation on my bookings and even had to phone them today to be told that everything was under control. They have not even bothered to confirm that they received my money. I have written to them on 46 different occasions to request information and very NB we have not changed any of our plans - we have only changed where they did not book our campsites in time and these were forced changes due to the fact that we needed to be able to sleep somewhere during our 4 week trip.

They were very good previously and we have booked through them on many occasions, however I think they have had a change of management and the current management is pretty clueless. However we have tried a couple of the other so called booking companies and their service levels are sub standard as well.

As it stands at present after paying them close on 30,000 Pula, we don't know whether our bookings have been done, where we will be staying etc for August 2019.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 12.13.44.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	526400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 12.14.21.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	526401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 12.14.40.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	526402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 12.15.04.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	526399
    Last edited by David Gale; 2019/04/23 at 12:21 PM.

Hi David. I am so sorry to hear this. This is bad. We put our trust and money in these agents to put our dream trips together with these results.
    I do hope that your trip comes together.
    I have had my share of struggle and I know the uncertainty you are going through.
    Hang in there.

Dave, I realy hope everything works out fine for you out of this mess.

P.S. I remember very often how you have been trying to help us patching our damaged tire in Moremi North Gate back in 2014. Best regards also to Laura!
    Last edited by ortelius; 2019/04/23 at 10:21 PM.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by ortelius View Post
    Dave, I realy hope everything works out fine for you out of this mess.

P.S. I remember very often how you have been trying to help us patching our damaged tire in Moremi North Gate back in 2014. Best regards also to Laura!
    Fond memories indeed, hopefully we will bump into you guys again, we are now living in Zambia but still get our camping fix annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Hi David. I am so sorry to hear this. This is bad. We put our trust and money in these agents to put our dream trips together with these results.
    I do hope that your trip comes together.
    I have had my share of struggle and I know the uncertainty you are going through.
    Hang in there.
    It just seems as though they have all decided that service is no longer required as we have to use them anyway. Such a shame as we have booked so many trips over the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by David Gale View Post
    It just seems as though they have all decided that service is no longer required as we have to use them anyway. Such a shame as we have booked so many trips over the last 20 years.
    Hi David, did things worked out with your booking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizziebb View Post
    Hi David, did things worked out with your booking?
    Hi Lizziebb, Yes we eventually got our bookings but with a huge stuff up in the middle of the trip. Essentially we have to stay outside the park at 2 different camps over 3 nights, which is not ideal but we will have to manage.

The only other problem we had is that the sites we requested in our first bookings November 2017 and January 2018 were not booked so we are at different sites to what was planned. Apparently when Mckenzie's started their process the sites were already booked.

However we are on the way under the thread Botswana 2019

i contacted Mc Kenzie a year ago havingbeen recommended. I was then passed to ehecti bas they did not have and free sites. It has been a long hard battle and have all but one voucher . We leave on the 30th !!! 2 weeks time. I wonder if the Mc Kenzie family are aware of the situation??