Is this it? - Page 171





Page 171 of 184 FirstFirst ... 71 121 146 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3661

Thread: Is this it?

  1. #3401
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Umdloti
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,371
    Thanked: 535

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mudgrubber View Post
    Apparently it is around 500kg lighter than a D4?.
    Can’t be, it’s 2.2 tons which is about the same as a D5. It maybe 500kg lighter than a D4. It’s also a good couple of hundred kg’s heavier than the old Defender.
    Last edited by RobH; 2020/07/12 at 10:45 AM.

  2. #3402
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    MTUNZINI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanked: 546

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Photo of the rear with the bumper removed

    Attachment 579362
    Nice, holes for a highlift jack point, and to bolt on other aftermarket bumpers and accessories
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

  3. #3403
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 880

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Sales figures 1 April - 30 June 2020 (from Defender2.net, source unnamed):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled~2.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	579388


    not looking too good for the L663
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  4. #3404
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greenstone
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanked: 383

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Sales figures 1 April - 30 June 2020 (from Defender2.net, source unnamed):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled~2.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	579388


    not looking too good for the L663
    Price point is going to be the issue for this vehicle especially after the world economy has tanked. Most will rethink their spending.
    Last edited by Byron; 2020/07/12 at 02:20 PM.
    Discovery Sport 2.0i D
    Defender 90 LE Puma 2.2TDCI
    Defender 110 DC Td5 (life partners)
    Discovery 1 200 Tdi Auto

  5. #3405
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Uitenhage
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,033
    Thanked: 576

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Price point is going to be the issue for this vehicle especially after the world economy has tanked. Most will rethink their spending.
    The more expensive Range Rover Sport and Range Rover sold?
    2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 ES

  6. #3406
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 880

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    A mod to remove the ugly square plate on the C pillar: https://www.instagram.com/p/CChubbllBe6/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_B7C04807-E5AC-4720-AC9F-B6429C89CFA5.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	579419
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  7. #3407
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greenstone
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanked: 383

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontuin View Post
    The more expensive Range Rover Sport and Range Rover sold?
    Exactly, for the same money people will go with the image and status of the Range Rover. I am talking more to this specific vehicles price point, as an offroader. Not a status symbol.

    The person who would have easily spent 900k on a hardcore offroader which isn't really one, will rethink the value in spending 1.3 bar on it. Maybe it is just me.

    Range Rover will always sell, it is a Range Rover ask our politicians, people will pay for that but not convinced they will pay for a Defender, that is not exactly sure where it belongs when compared to the other SUVs on the market.

    Also why the Evoque sells well because the poor can buy a "Range Rover".
    Last edited by Byron; 2020/07/12 at 04:59 PM.
    Discovery Sport 2.0i D
    Defender 90 LE Puma 2.2TDCI
    Defender 110 DC Td5 (life partners)
    Discovery 1 200 Tdi Auto

  8. #3408
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 135

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_B7C04807-E5AC-4720-AC9F-B6429C89CFA5.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	579419

  9. #3409
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Heliport
    Age
    50
    Posts
    475
    Thanked: 285

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    So you say Wrangler JK and JL don't have coil springs?
    Never said that , was referring to the cruiser .
    Using Tapatalk

  10. #3410
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Heliport
    Age
    50
    Posts
    475
    Thanked: 285

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    No, he said the Defender coil springs made it more comfortable.
    Compared to the Cruiser
    Using Tapatalk

  11. #3411
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanked: 1529

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Exactly, for the same money people will go with the image and status of the Range Rover. I am talking more to this specific vehicles price point, as an offroader. Not a status symbol.

    The person who would have easily spent 900k on a hardcore offroader which isn't really one, will rethink the value in spending 1.3 bar on it. Maybe it is just me.

    Range Rover will always sell, it is a Range Rover ask our politicians, people will pay for that but not convinced they will pay for a Defender, that is not exactly sure where it belongs when compared to the other SUVs on the market.

    Also why the Evoque sells well because the poor can buy a "Range Rover".
    Think about how every other car has crept category. Compare a 1300 Pasat with a current Pasat or the corolla or the mini. so the defender has grown in one change what other cars grew over many model changes.

    Yes I think there is space for a smaller cheaper defender, just as Vw and Toyota etc. brought out smaller cars.

    Further ai think the new Defender sits perfectly between the D5 and discovery sport.

    My guess is this is going to be Landrover's best seller.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

  12. #3412
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanked: 758

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Here is some real trouble for the Defender:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    “You need a Bronco”

    Nice slogan

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  13. #3413
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 880

    Default Re: Is this it?

    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:


  15. #3414
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 880

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Nice off-roading comparison with a bunch of other 4x4s in Moldova:


    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:


  17. #3415
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanked: 880

    Default Re: Is this it?

    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  18. #3416
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    40
    Posts
    253
    Thanked: 154

    Default Re: Is this it?

    So I got the Lego Defender as a present with the car.
    But I already have one...
    So if someone wants it , send me a PM.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  19. #3417
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    46
    Posts
    826
    Thanked: 44

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    So I got the Lego Defender as a present with the car.
    But I already have one...
    So if someone wants it , send me a PM.
    PM sent

  20. #3418
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 135

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    So I got the Lego Defender as a present with the car.
    But I already have one...
    So if someone wants it , send me a PM.
    Congs

  21. #3419
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 135

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    My guess is this is going to be Landrover's best seller.
    Ford's new 2021 Bronco looks like the defender (and wrangler) killer at least in the US).


    Last edited by byaru1; 2020/07/15 at 10:23 PM.

  22. #3420
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanked: 1512

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    Ford's new 2021 Bronco looks like the defender (and wrangler) killer at least in the US).


    FJ / Jeep cross?
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •