Page 54 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 79 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4231

Thread: Is this it?

Default Re: Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    But surely nobody is gonna carry super heavy load in am SUV? Just use a bakkie...
    Well, I'm pretty sure that a majority of the people who like the new Defender are in to over landing. For which the ability to carry a heavy load is quite use full.

But you are correct... if you want a workhorse to carry a heavy load you're probably better off buying something else.

There are no indications yet if the new Defender will be available as a bakkie. It doesn't seem like they're interested in that market.
    2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 VNTd5 ES

Quote Originally Posted by Fontuin View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure that a majority of the people who like the new Defender are in to over landing. For which the ability to carry a heavy load is quite use full.

But you are correct... if you want a workhorse to carry a heavy load you're probably better off buying something else.

There are no indications yet if the new Defender will be available as a bakkie. It doesn't seem like they're interested in that market.
    yep, no bakkie but maybe a delivery panel van option (although why anybody would want a R1m 4x4 panel van is beyond me........)
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Its amazing how nobody has actually seen the vehicle or its final specs, yet are slating it already..
    Ranger Wildtrak
    Ex Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hamtheman For This Useful Post:

Name:  PHOTO-2019-06-25-12-10-48.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  41.7 KB

I was talking to one of the dealerships yesterday comparing notes and I was told each dealership had to spec and order 10 units.
    And the big surprise is the stock is arriving in January, not bad launch on the 12th September and on our floors in January.

Sorry for the bad photo got it off my phone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tgwinduna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    it does have a cable and it has an emergency release button
    Except it doesnt/didnt always release
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

yep, no bakkie but maybe a delivery panel van option (although why anybody would want a R1m 4x4 panel van is beyond me........)
    The D4 and Prado had delivery panel van variants in UK.

But I suspect they are stripped of all options just to suit the purpose so they cannot be expensive.

Overland vehicles have more chance of being overloaded than your average farm bakkie. There have been discussions on this and many, if not most, overland vehicles are overloaded.

I prefer a bakkie as an overland vehicle, as there are only two of us. The bakkie (PUP) with a decent canopy had more practical packing space, you could not hear the rattling of the camping stuff in the back like you do in the station wagon, unsecured stuff did not come flying forward under heavy braking and the underspecced defender aircon worked well in the single cab.
    Mike Lauterbach

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeml For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tgwinduna View Post

I was talking to one of the dealerships yesterday comparing notes and I was told each dealership had to spec and order 10 units.
    And the big surprise is the stock is arriving in January, not bad launch on the 12th September and on our floors in January.

anybody who buys the first vehicles of any production run for any vehicle manufacturer needs their heads read
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Come on summer , come on , come on!!!!!
    Kan nie meer wag nie!!
    Last edited by Koos Best; 2019/06/25 at 04:25 PM.
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtheman View Post
    Its amazing how nobody has actually seen the vehicle or its final specs, yet are slating it already..
    Unless Land Rover have been very sneaky and used all the available information as a Red Herring. We know enough to have an idea what type of a vehicle it is going to be and more or less what it ill look like (not that the looks are important).

anybody who buys the first vehicles of any production run for any vehicle manufacturer needs their heads read
    The 1st Disco 3's are still the best, 05 and 06
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Koos Best For This Useful Post:

The boot space on the 110 is a little worrisome.

The departure angle is excellent though!
    2001 Disco 2 V8 XS

Unless Land Rover have been very sneaky and used all the available information as a Red Herring. We know enough to have an idea what type of a vehicle it is going to be and more or less what it ill look like (not that the looks are important).
    Quite the contrary.
    We have not seen any spec sheet yet, features like two speed transfer box, rear diff lock, All terrain response, auto drive and even under water sonar. Land Rover has clearly announced that this is going to be the most advanced 4x4 the world has ever seen.
    Right only the LWB 8 seat or 7 seat or 5 seat and then the SWB 5 seat 4 seat 3 seat. on the cards 2022 is a pup dc pup and a shorty rag top. But that is very old news.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tgwinduna For This Useful Post:

I couldn't agree with you more if it does not have a 5 year warranty/motor plan or 100 thousand kilos.

Until a few days ago certain people here claimed the new Defender will only have air suspension.
    Only now, that there has been a photo of coil springs, has that "fact" changed.
    Until Lego gave it away, certain people here were convinced that the new Defender will look like a Disco 4, completely ignoring the possibility of extensively camouflaged test mules.

Let's see what other "known facts & specs" will be proven wrong, shall we?

And this is NOT aimed at you personally!
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

21. The Following User Says Thank You to HugoNotte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Wasnt this a constant source of irritation on the D3 when it was launched and it plagued the earlier units sold? I thought they had sorted that out
    Most cars nowadays are released with an EPB. Just the way technology is going. Looking at the internet; all manufacturers seem to be experiencing problems with EPB systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    Come on summer , come on , come on!!!!!
    Kan nie meer wag nie!!
    I think if you have not placed an order (yet) and put down a deposit, you'll be waiting for consignment number 4, 5 or 6.

@Peter has the dealer given an indication if the order book is open already?

Ek sien uit na die perd, net jammer dat party suurgatte altyd die is wat die meeste negatiewe kommentaar lewer en fout soek sonder feitlikke bewyse van die nuwe defender.
    Ford Ranger 2.2 XL 4x4

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicktravel For This Useful Post:

Quite the contrary.
    We have not seen any spec sheet yet, features like two speed transfer box, rear diff lock, All terrain response, auto drive and even under water sonar. Land Rover has clearly announced that this is going to be the most advanced 4x4 the world has ever seen.
    Right only the LWB 8 seat or 7 seat or 5 seat and then the SWB 5 seat 4 seat 3 seat. on the cards 2022 is a pup dc pup and a shorty rag top. But that is very old news.
    We don't know everything no.

There is enough information to have an opinion though. Surely? And to have an opinion if it is the type of vehicle that you might be interested in.

You said it, "Land Rover has clearly announced that this is going to be the most advanced 4x4 the world has ever seen." So we know that.

Also some images of how it will probably look. We would have been led on a wild goose chase if it doesn't have independent suspension, air suspension with possibly an option for springs...

There has been some information on possible engine options in the press...

And then some things can be with fair accuracy assumed by looking at other models, like the D5, as you have so rightly pointed out... terrain response, under water sonar, EPB....

I think that red nob is for hi and low (up and down), and diff lock (twist).

Defender Puma Raw Limited Edition
    Series III 88"
    Scout Nomad

Chop your own firewood and it will warm you twice

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ClaudeG For This Useful Post:

Page 54 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 79 104 154 ... LastLast