Is this it? - Page 9

Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to oradba69 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Any update on the new Defender

I donít understand why so many new threads are started on the exact same topic when there are already threads active.

It makes following discussions very difficult, and searching near impossible.

Yep those spy shots have been circulating for the last 2 weeks already.

Surely by now there are new ones out on whatsapp which look completely different with SFA & all...
    2004 Defender 110 Td5

Those look like a new FreeLander

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

a five cylinder bakkie

Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    I donít understand why so many new threads are started on the exact same topic when there are already threads active.

It makes following discussions very difficult, and searching near impossible.
    the problem is that once the thread is old enough it is far down on the list, so finding the previous thread becomes difficult, especially on smart phones
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Default Re: Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Leaf springs are way better for load carrying than coils. The other issue was due to bean counters.

The point is the LC 70 series still sells worldwide.........the Defender line had to be stopped.
    Wag n bietjie!!!!
    I can come in here with good experience.
    I load a lot of wood and cargo, I owned Hi Lux bakkies with leaf springs, loaded to the brim at above 90 km/h they had horrendous road holding and started to sway.
    Since then I have discovered the best practical business vehicle on the market, VW Transporters with coils springs at the back, man oll man, can you load this suspension and it never sways , or feel unsave like leaf springs ,
    Coils for me thank you, I have the T shirt
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koos Best For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    Wag n bietjie!!!!
    I can come in here with good experience.
    I load a lot of wood and cargo, I owned Hi Lux bakkies with leaf springs, loaded to the brim at above 90 km/h they had horrendous road holding and started to sway.
    Since then I have discovered the best practical business vehicle on the market, VW Transporters with coils springs at the back, man oll man, can you load this suspension and it never sways , or feel unsave like leaf springs ,
    Coils for me thank you, I have the T shirt
    fair enough, but consider this:

- for a proper load bearing experience on coils, they need to be progressively wound not constant rate
    - if constant rate, then you need heavy duty coils otherwise you CANNOT load them up, they bind or collapse
    - if you have heavy duty coils, your unladen ride will be harsh, worse than unladen leafs
    - progressively wound coils are an order of magnitude more expensive than a set of multi-leafs

load up a standard Wrangler and see how its arse drags in the dust........same for any standard coil suspension
    Percivamus

It also shows the importance of an informative and specific thread title. The "other" thread does have a quite non-descriptive title and someone who's not reading each thread (like me), wouldn't even have gone into it because of the non-descriptive title.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    It also shows the importance of an informative and specific thread title. The "other" thread does have a quite non-descriptive title and someone who's not reading each thread (like me), wouldn't even have gone into it because of the non-descriptive title.
    True, an old bugbear of mine.

Irritating especially if you on your phone and not on a wi-fi connection and have to open a thread just to see what it is about.
    2006 Isuzu DMax 300Tdi DC 4x4

I've asked the Bosses to merge the threads.
    Percivamus

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Oh man you get 2 beers for that.

Ditto Toyota with the LC70 series.
    Nee hel manne n wrangler is vir speel , die " longwheel" val tussen n speelding en n cruiser , heeltemal useless , het al ver gery in altwee , die "ongemaklike" ou defender is hulle ligjare voor , as jy wil speel bou n speelding , as jy wil toer wil jy na n dag se reis kan uitklim en nog kan loop ook
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    Nee hel manne n wrangler is vir speel , die " longwheel" val tussen n speelding en n cruiser , heeltemal useless , het al ver gery in altwee , die "ongemaklike" ou defender is hulle ligjare voor , as jy wil speel bou n speelding , as jy wil toer wil jy na n dag se reis kan uitklim en nog kan loop ook
    jy het duidelik nie vÍr gery in 'n Defender
    Percivamus

Baie ver onder andere 600 km tweespoor wat my 2dae gevat met bos caravan
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    Baie ver onder andere 600 km tweespoor wat my 2dae gevat met bos caravan
    en na 2 dae was jou linker kuit en regte elmboog OK?

want na 1 dag was ek gereed om te skree
    Percivamus

I've done multiple trips in the Defender of more than 1000km in one day.

Never had much issues.

Hell yes, it's not in the league of the new Discovery but I could do 1000km's per day without strain.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Regard For This Useful Post:

Ekt my defender se sitplek in September lang naweek net een "notch recline" en dit het die wereld se verskil gemaak. Sit bietjie terug en geniet. mens hoef nie altyd die stuurwiel te kou nie.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakkals. For This Useful Post:

cor

Default Re: Is this it? No this IS IT

deleted
    Last edited by tgwinduna; 2018/10/11 at 06:42 AM.

Name:  l663defender (1).jpgA.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  82.1 KB

This the closest description according to one of the invited few that attended the conference in Portugal earlier this year. The only concern was the front was almost but not quite the same. This vehicle will be built in Slovakia and the model code is 663 and production should start in about a year. This mono coque will be like all of the other Land Rover models be press out of aluminium sheets. The bonnet or hood will have to be pressed out as one piece, so the original fender as shown will not be there, the bonnet will stretch from one side to the other side and that is why the front end looks will differ.
    This is not a new picture or rendition it has done its rounds before so when I spoke to those of the know in the UK and of course to a couple of the chosen few who attended the Portugal conference whom are thrilled and had a very positive response because the Defender heritage design will continue.
    This is going to be advanced, superior and capable four wheel drive vehicle ever to be produced in this world, This mono coque body will be I am sure to a ladder frame chassis similar to the Disco 3 and 4 and hopefully people like myself can still enjoy the famous body off experience to do maintenance.
    In true Land Rover tradition this car is available for the mink and manure market, a basic farmer to Her Royal Highness the Queen so a simple basic vehicle cloth seats and rubber mats something you donít mind the kraal mis on your shoes or to the plush RR or Bentley interior. Then line up is rumoured to be first out of the blocks is LWB 8 adult seats (big family or a game viewer of the floor meeting all the safety concerns) LWB 5 adult seats then a shorty hard top and rag top.
    Two petrol and two diesel and one hybrid electric with auto transmission, manual transmission or no transmission super exciting. Downfall is that I can only imagine that the first two years production will be destined for the US market because they officially have not had a Defender since 1995, across the board JLR's production is 89% left hand drive and 75% of that goes to the US.
    Next up
    IN SEARCH OF EXCELLENCE
    My VIP tour I did at Lode Lane Solihull the home and assembly line of Jaguar Land Rover and the history of.
    LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE SOLIHULL

http://www.overlandworx.com

Take Care
    Stay frosty (Be alert at all times: We Live in a war zone)
    Peter Street

2013 Disco 4 SDV6 HSE 8sp AKA " Gr8 White Induna"
    2019 Disco 5 TD6 HSE AKA Disco V

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tgwinduna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tgwinduna View Post
    ...mink and manure market...
    I like this description to distinguish between different target markets..
    2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 ES

en na 2 dae was jou linker kuit en regte elmboog OK?

want na 1 dag was ek gereed om te skree
    Jip sal nie daaroor stry nie , was darem 2 bestuurders en het n lekker tan op die regterarm gehad Maar dit is die beste ď by farĒ as hy eers daie twee spoor paaie ruik , dan kom jy agter waarvoor hy gemaak is . My seun se wrangler het ook saamgegaan en ons het bestuurders gewissel tussen myself en my twee seuns wrangler nie sleg maar nie in dieselfde klas as die defender Oor n vol limpopo het ek ook gevind die eksta gewig van die defender het baie gehelp ( wrangler het so driekwart deur gestol toe hy begin dryf) gelukkig nie water gesluk . Sal jou eendag pic,s wys as jy eers daai biertuin oopmaak
    Using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 ... LastLast