Is this it? - Page 7





Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 32 57 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1971

Thread: Is this it?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,144
    Thanked: 10243

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Unfortunately, that is a bed Land Rover has dug for themselves.
    that is indeed a strange mix of sayings
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanked: 1199

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    that is indeed a strange mix of sayings
    Eish... doing 3 things at once..
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Uitenhage
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,809
    Thanked: 375

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    that is indeed a strange mix of sayings
    And this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    If the public's opinion does not fit into the narrow minded views of some Land Rover owners then tough.
    Hedgehog, this seems like an unfinished statement, or something.. unless I've had a brain explosion.
    2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 ES

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanked: 1199

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontuin View Post
    And this?



    Hedgehog, this seems like an unfinished statement, or something.. unless I've had a brain explosion.
    Are you referring to the "tough" and "Land Rover" in the same sentence? (I might have intended that contradictory pun)
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,128
    Thanked: 1006

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    I agree!

    The new Defender is of interest to any 4x4 owner or enthusiast, and, this thread is posted in a public forum with 4x4 owners and enthusiasts, and thus open for public opinion......

    If the public's opinion does not fit into the narrow minded views of some Land Rover owners then tough.

    Absolutely true, it is public, blah, blah...

    Now I ask you, let's say that I absolutely hate a LC 79/76.
    And all I do is to give negative comments on every LC thread that starts in the Toyota section on a daily basis about how useless they are, how you have to mod the hell out of it just to get it to crap standard, how I think they look common, how those under powered V8 diesels that can only take 50ppm is the most stupid thing in the world and how they obviously support terrorism, etc, etc, etc, etc................................
    What will I reach by doing so?
    Just stroke my own ego?
    Maybe sooth my own insecurities?

    Do you think I am going to change the minds of all those narrow minded LC drivers?

    Will you say I am right and you never thought of all those points?

    NO...I bet you will defend the hell out of your vehicle choice and tell me how wrong I am and how I should go play on my own brands' forum, etc...



    And it is for that reason that I stay off the sections where I have no interest.

    I maybe expect a little to much from people I thought have a higher EQ and more common sense.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Regard For This Useful Post:


  7. #126
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,159
    Thanked: 2769

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Regard View Post
    ... and more common sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4eTouareg For This Useful Post:


  9. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanked: 1199

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Regard View Post


    And it is for that reason that I stay off the sections where I have no interest.

    I maybe expect a little to much from people I thought have a higher EQ and more common sense.
    You see Regard that is where you are wrong. I think I speak for most of us, even the most ardent Japanese owner, that we all view the Defender as an absolute icon. That most if not all had some of their earliest 4x4 experiences with a Defender or Land Rover for that matter. And that all of us, no matter what we drive still find the brand to be special.

    I think most of us are really hoping and praying that Land Rover does not F... the new Defender up! And when we see news that is contradictory to our hopes and prayers, we voice our opinion and our disappointment in a negative manner (This might be improper, but it is all we can do)

    So bear with us, for we are not anti Defender the ICON and legend, we are anti Land Rover the new metro 4x4...
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:


  11. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,144
    Thanked: 10243

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    ....for we are not anti Defender the ICON and legend, we are anti Land Rover the new metro 4x4...
    perfect summary Andrew
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  12. #129
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    54
    Posts
    113
    Thanked: 152

    Default Re: Is this it?

    The curse of Solihull continues............

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pierre van Ryneveld
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,313
    Thanked: 3643

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Regard View Post
    Absolutely true, it is public, blah, blah...

    Now I ask you, let's say that I absolutely hate a LC 79/76.
    And all I do is to give negative comments on every LC thread that starts in the Toyota section on a daily basis about how useless they are, how you have to mod the hell out of it just to get it to crap standard, how I think they look common, how those under powered V8 diesels that can only take 50ppm is the most stupid thing in the world and how they obviously support terrorism, etc, etc, etc, etc................................
    What will I reach by doing so?
    Just stroke my own ego?
    Maybe sooth my own insecurities?

    Do you think I am going to change the minds of all those narrow minded LC drivers?

    Will you say I am right and you never thought of all those points?

    NO...I bet you will defend the hell out of your vehicle choice and tell me how wrong I am and how I should go play on my own brands' forum, etc...



    And it is for that reason that I stay off the sections where I have no interest.

    I maybe expect a little to much from people I thought have a higher EQ and more common sense.
    Thicker skin required to participate on this forum


  14. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Robertson/ Larissa, Greece
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,903
    Thanked: 2558

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Funny thing is, the "negative" comments regarding the new Defender are mostly from current or previous owners of Defenders. I don't know why the poor Jap drivers had to be dragged into the argument
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:


  16. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    887
    Thanked: 686

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejay View Post
    The curse of Solihull continues............
    You mean New Dehli....

    Oops, its actually mumbai
    Last edited by Caracal; 2018/10/04 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Geographical correction
    Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD6 D/Cab 4x4

  17. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town or Jansenville or missing...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,505
    Thanked: 3060

    Default Re: Is this it?

    In fairness, Land Rover stopped designing off road vehicles long ago. Nothing released after the D2 is really a 4x4 anymore, more like a laptop with AWD. Selling to the Joneses and their upkeepers is far more profitable.

    And I think they know that they've lost their heritage.

    Let us wait for the official specs and photos to be released before we slaughter their attempt at a comeback.

  18. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,144
    Thanked: 10243

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Funny thing is, the "negative" comments regarding the new Defender are mostly from current or previous owners of Defenders. I don't know why the poor Jap drivers had to be dragged into the argument
    Baie dankie

    I also don't know why LR decided on another hyper tech marvel when their line-up is filled with hyper-tech jelly moulds at varying price points.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  19. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,144
    Thanked: 10243

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Slabbert View Post
    In fairness, Land Rover stopped designing off road vehicles long ago. Nothing released after the D2 is really a 4x4 anymore, more like a laptop with AWD. Selling to the Joneses and their upkeepers is far more profitable.

    And I think they know that they've lost their heritage.
    Well said.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:


  21. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town or Jansenville or missing...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,505
    Thanked: 3060

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Well said.
    And look, it's beer o clock.

    So don't expect any more

  22. #137
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,159
    Thanked: 2769

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Answer this poll for yourself
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to 4eTouareg For This Useful Post:


  24. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,128
    Thanked: 1006

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

    So bear with us, for we are not anti Defender the ICON and legend, we are anti Land Rover the new metro 4x4...
    I accept.

    But that supports my point even more......why then hang around here? Nothing more to see here.

    The old Defender is no more, the new is here now. Make your peace with that.

    And calling my choice of vehicle "metro" or whatever else will not change my mind and I suspect no matter how much I tell you how stupid your choice is, it will still not change yours either.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Regard For This Useful Post:


  26. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanked: 1199

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Answer this poll for yourself
    So this makes them good?
    _______________________________________

    Dum vivimus, vivamus!

    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    a five cylinder bakkie

  27. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    George
    Posts
    2,770
    Thanked: 1026

    Default Re: Is this it?

    The rear view looks just like a hearse, future use if they flop horribly?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Skylark For This Useful Post:


Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 32 57 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •