Is this it? - Page 172





Page 172 of 196 FirstFirst ... 72 122 147 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3903

Thread: Is this it?

  1. #3421
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Modders
    Age
    46
    Posts
    742
    Thanked: 268

    Default Re: Is this it?

    The bronco looks epic, very well thought out model structure with even the base model available with the sasquatch pack which is 35" as standard. Great power train line up
    Doubt it will hit our shores but guarantee the pricing will also be 1 mill plus
    Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL

  2. #3422
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamtheman View Post
    The bronco looks epic, very well thought out model structure with even the base model available with the sasquatch pack which is 35" as standard. Great power train line up
    Doubt it will hit our shores but guarantee the pricing will also be 1 mill plus
    "... Bronco is listed by Ford as being destined for its International Markets Group sales region, which includes Australia, making it possible we’ll see a full-factory RHD Bronco here ... "

    According to motoring.com.au

    If it's available in RHD, it will hit definitely ZA shores.

  3. #3423
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Modders
    Age
    46
    Posts
    742
    Thanked: 268

    Default Re: Is this it?

    That would be very cool, and would definitely hit the defender market hard
    Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL

  4. #3424
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    MTUNZINI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,098
    Thanked: 577

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamtheman View Post
    That would be very cool, and would definitely hit the defender market hard
    The Defender has got a much better pay load.
    American vehicles , have NO payload, you can only pack for a weekend , not 2 weeks.Maybe the Bronco is different.
    Will like to know the payload differences
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

  5. #3425
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    MTUNZINI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,098
    Thanked: 577

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Found some info re Bronco vs Defender

    Towing
    Bronco 3500 pounds
    Defender 8201 pounds

    Cargo Volume
    Bronco 4 door: 77.6 sq ft
    Defender 110: 78.8 sq ft

    Payload
    Bronco 4 door: 1370 lbs.
    .Defender 110: 1980 lbs


    Payload 600 lbs difference BUT towing can it be correct that Bronco is so poor

    .



    Last edited by Koos Best; 2020/07/16 at 12:47 PM.
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Koos Best For This Useful Post:


  7. #3426
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    Found some info re Bronco vs Defender

    Towing
    Bronco 3500 pounds
    Defender 8201 pounds
    Which defender motor is this against which bronco motor?

    I see that the twin turbo bronco V6 matches the defender p400 on torque.
    Last edited by byaru1; 2020/07/16 at 01:42 PM.

  8. #3427
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    MTUNZINI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,098
    Thanked: 577

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    Which defender motor is this against which bronco motor?

    I see that the twin turbo bronco V6 matches the defender p400 on torque.
    Defender 85 hp more
    The 4 door model , doesnt matter the engine
    Its 4 doors Bronco vs 110 Def
    2 dr Bronco vs 90 Def the same

    Info , nice comparison, new Bronco vs new Wrangler vew Defender
    https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...10308/page-175
    Last edited by Koos Best; 2020/07/16 at 01:53 PM.
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

  9. #3428
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,716
    Thanked: 3928

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    Defender 85 hp more
    The 4 door model , doesnt matter the engine
    Its 4 doors Bronco vs 110 Def
    2 dr Bronco vs 90 Def the same

    Info , nice comparison, new Bronco vs new Wrangler vew Defender
    https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...10308/page-175
    I imagine Koos sitting at a bar, with his new Defender keys all displayed out on the bar; a guy with two pretty things in tow walks up to the bar goois his Bronco keys down and asks for drinks, the girls pay... Koos looks up, all squinty wild west like, spits into the pontoon, and chirps the dude: "My Defenders, payload is bigger than your's"
    _______________________________________
    Andrew van Staden
    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:


  11. #3429
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    977
    Thanked: 299

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    Found some info re Bronco vs Defender

    Towing
    Bronco 3500 pounds
    Defender 8201 pounds
    Maybe that Bronco towing weight is actually in kg
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
    2007 Fortuner 3.0 D4D

  12. #3430
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gauteng
    Age
    41
    Posts
    349
    Thanked: 44

    Default Re: Is this it?

    So the Defender OEM 19” rims come with 255/65/19. You can barely find decent tires for the D4 (255/55/19) and the D5 comes with 255/60/19. So you can basically only find tyres for the D5/Defender at you LR dealer. You actually need to spec either 18” or 20”


    2003 LR Discovery 2 GS V8
    2013 LR Discovery SDV6 SE (SWAMBO)
    2014 BMW X5M

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Toytjie For This Useful Post:


  14. #3431
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toytjie View Post
    So the Defender OEM 19” rims come with 255/65/19. You can barely find decent tires for the D4 (255/55/19) and the D5 comes with 255/60/19. So you can basically only find tyres for the D5/Defender at you LR dealer. You actually need to spec either 18” or 20”
    Are there no other SUVs using 255/65R19 on the market? Surely new defender can't b the only one?

  15. #3432
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanked: 431

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Only one I know of....but the 18” rim is the one to go far. Prado 150, land cruiser 200, some amaroks, ranger wildtrak, isuzu x-rider all run 18” rims.

    Bakkies started off with 15” then 16” then 17” and now 18”. Im sure more 19” tyre options will become available soon, although I think a 18” is about as low profile as I would like to go with 31-21” tyres.
    Pieter Greyling
    ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!
    ORRA: Z85
    LROC member:5881

    -Land Rover Defender 110 Td5
    -BMW F800GS

  16. #3433
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,120
    Thanked: 955

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Some more off-roading from Colorado:

    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  17. #3434
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,120
    Thanked: 955

    Default Re: Is this it?

    and more issues for PowerfulUK:

    - 360 camera
    - Emergency steering and brake assist
    - Lost power steering

    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  18. #3435
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    and more issues for PowerfulUK:

    - 360 camera
    - Emergency steering and brake assist
    - Lost power steering

    Hmmm...

    Will hang onto the D4 for now.. which in my eyes still looks more handsome than this new defender anyway.

  19. #3436
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    176
    Thanked: 94

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by iLandy View Post
    How about an acid test: How many defender owners will wave at someone driving the new "Defender"?

    nuff said...
    It passed!

    This morning a new Defender drove past me and with a big grin on their face they waved frantically at me and I smiled and waved back and it just seemed to make both of our days...

    P.S It looks a lot better in person on the road than in some press phots.
    2018 Suzuki Jimny - Expedition vehicle
    2002 Land Rover Defender - Daily Drive

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldon93 For This Useful Post:


  21. #3437
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    10
    Posts
    2,120
    Thanked: 955

    Default Re: Is this it?

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-kRxiA0Mm/


    "...from @lucky8offroad looking very promising, 18-inch wheels and 33s front and rear on a p400 defender and wow check those sliders out! ..."
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  22. #3438
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    48
    Posts
    592
    Thanked: 86

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-kRxiA0Mm/


    "...from @lucky8offroad looking very promising, 18-inch wheels and 33s front and rear on a p400 defender and wow check those sliders out! ..."
    Great .. I think that is Compomotives ... Just compared pic to mine and am 99% sure - wonder if they grinded the calipers ?

    I really want to run 18" on a P400 ...

    Cheers

    Nico
    Nico van Diemen

    '91 BYB - Big Yellow Bus - Ex-CT Tdi Disco

    '05 BOV - Big Orange Van - TDV6 D3 G4 It met a COW and is Gone, gone , gone ... replaced
    '11 - D4 V8 - BLACK (for now )
    '10 JK Sahara 2 Door - Open top for me and my boys - 3.8 V6 lifted muds bumpers sorted - Yip also orange
    '16 KIA SEDONA - 11 SEATS
    SWAMBO: Black RCZ

  23. #3439
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    886
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon93 View Post
    It passed!

    This morning a new Defender drove past me and with a big grin on their face they waved frantically at me and I smiled and waved back and it just seemed to make both of our days...

    P.S It looks a lot better in person on the road than in some press phots.
    Now that the 5.0 NA V8 is around the corner, that's the one to look forward to.

  24. #3440
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Mukifu
    Age
    51
    Posts
    312
    Thanked: 582

    Default Re: Is this it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-kRxiA0Mm/


    "...from @lucky8offroad looking very promising, 18-inch wheels and 33s front and rear on a p400 defender and wow check those sliders out! ..."
    It'll look great at the Mall
    Neil Rocher
    1997 2.8i Defender 110 (Fats)
    1996 300 TDI Defender 110 (Aqualung)
    1982 Mog 416
    1971 series 2a 109"
    1968 FJ40 (Piglet)
    1967 series 2a (dugudugu) 88"
    1958 series 2 (Betty) 88"
    1955 series 1 109"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •