Is this it? - Page 163

Page 163 of 196 FirstFirst ... 63 113 138 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 188 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3903

Thread: Is this it?

Default Re: Is this it?

Imagine a 130 Commercial version. Although there is still doubt when the 130 may appear - if at all. Think JLR will first observe sales figures of the 90 and 110.

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    I have lost track of this thread - I'm not following it religiously anymore due to disappointment (and probably envy), so this question may have been asked previously:

If the commercial version is only licensed to carry two people and if you may not fit seats - why weren't the rear (passenger) doors removed?
    there are plenty of "commercial" vehicles all over the world with rear "passenger" doors (even sliding doors) that can be used to assist in the loading (in and out) of cargo.

The old Hardtop version was very popular here by us.

Some guys cut a walk trough to the cab instead of one climbing over.
    The Hardtops are 3 seaters, and is actually a pick up with a factory fitted canopy open to the cab.
    Nice feature on new Defender is to have doors, to access your fridge on a slide etc etc.
    I will anyway remove the centre seat.
    Than fit a 2 nd row single seat at he back , for the rare occasions of having somebody else as a passenger.
    My kids will soon graduate , and they can then buy their own Land Rover.

What makes it looks good for me, it will be the entry level spec , hopefully with air suspension option, yes I am sold on air suspension , especially for off the beaten track touring and towing.
    Buy as my company vehicle , claim the 15% back, depreciate its value every year against the taxman and have a 5door vehicle, which I can make and change into station wagon, camper or even a pickup with enclosed sides with 5 doors as desired for what I am going to do that specific holiday.
    Dammit that sounds practical.

Ps, and launch my ski boat for year after year, park it on the beach, the whole day like my D3 for last 15 yrs , with NO RUST like my buddies in their new Hi Luxes , with rust spots on top of their widscreen , not EVEN 2 YRS OLD, told by agents it is abuse and they wont fix it under warranty,ek lag vir hulle. Have to admit the D3 are much much better against rust as the old Tdi and TD5 Defenders were.
    Last edited by Koos Best; 2020/07/04 at 12:01 PM.
    Koos Best
    Land Rover Discovery3 TDV6 S.
    VW T5 D/cab 4 Motion with slide on camper

Quote Originally Posted by Koos Best View Post
    The old Hardtop version was very popular here by us.

Some guys cut a walk trough to the cab instead of one climbing over.
    The Hardtops are 3 seaters, and is actually a pick up with a factory fitted canopy open to the cab.
    Nice feature on new Defender is to have doors, to access your fridge on a slide etc etc.
    I will anyway remove the centre seat.
    Than fit a 2 nd row single seat at he back , for the rare occasions of having somebody else as a passenger.
    My kids will soon graduate , and they can then buy their own Land Rover.

What makes it looks good for me, it will be the entry level spec , hopefully with air suspension option, yes I am sold on air suspension , especially for off the beaten track touring and towing.
    Buy as my company vehicle , claim the 15% back, depreciate its value every year against the taxman and have a 5door vehicle, which I can make and change into station wagon, camper or even a pickup with enclosed sides with 5 doors as desired for what I am going to do that specific holiday.
    Dammit that sounds practical.

Ps, and launch my ski boat for year after year, park it on the beach, the whole day like my D3 for last 15 yrs , with NO RUST like my buddies in their new Hi Luxes , with rust spots on top of their widscreen , not EVEN 2 YRS OLD, told by agents it is abuse and they wont fix it under warranty,ek lag vir hulle. Have to admit the D3 are much much better against rust as the old Tdi and TD5 Defenders were.
    I see the daydreaming force is strong in this one

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    What is expensive?

When will these be hitting the road?
    I'm in CapeTown and LR are huge around and I haven't seen a single new Defender on the road yet.
    Anyone?

Anyone?
    They have one at LR Stellenbosch, will have a look when I take the Rangie in on Monday.

The salesperson did say that they are not allowed to take them on the road until the 10th, not sure why
    Last edited by Orxy; 2020/07/04 at 03:45 PM.
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Anyone?
    A price I was given for a P400 HSE with Explorer package, Advanced offroad pack and E-diff was + R1.5bar

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

Today at the Waterford show and tell, the D240S that they had there was listed at R1.196m and the SE was R1.243m
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

I was actually pleasantky surprised this morning.

It is a comfortable high tech vehicle in a rugged looking package.

It is not in the discovery 5 class it is much more practical.

I like the size not to big but spacious enough inside

Not a lot of packing space.

It is creating a new class. Nothing compares. Much more comfortable than a jeep wrangler, much more high tech than a FJ much more practical than any current Landrover

I wonder what a demo would sell for in a years time?
    Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way;

So when is the official launch.
    10 JULY
    16 JULY
    Defender Kalahari
    Series 3 SWB
    Series 1 De Luxe Cab Pickup
    Series 1 Station Wagon 88''

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    ...Not a lot of packing space...
    That is one of the reasons why it probably won't be practical for me unfortunately (the other one being the price tag and the % drop it'll take over the 1st three years). My sons are 5 and 6 so I'm moving into the era of taking bigger bicycles along, so a D/C bakkie will probably be more optimal. Perhaps an older 110 or Series (oh man, again..) to scratch the itch.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    That is one of the reasons why it probably won't be practical for me unfortunately (the other one being the price tag and the % drop it'll take over the 1st three years). My sons are 5 and 6 so I'm moving into the era of taking bigger bicycles along, so a D/C bakkie will probably be more optimal. Perhaps an older 110 or Series (oh man, again..) to scratch the itch.
    This is a slightly different topic, but... I bought my first and possibly last double cab, a new Hilux in January. This after having owned countless station wagons over the years, including Fortuner and Prado. My reason was also practicality. Now practical it certainly is, but comfortable, no! My wife, a slip of a girl at 43kg complained bitterly about rear seat comfort. Small children will do I suppose, but anything more than that is stretching it.

Last year I spent the whole day in the back of a Tacoma, which is bigger than a Hilux and it was no pleasure. I don't know about other double cabs, but if you are used to station wagon off roaders, a double cab is a struggle in my experience.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Very true Francois. I'll have to take a couple of test drives still.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    That is one of the reasons why it probably won't be practical for me unfortunately (the other one being the price tag and the % drop it'll take over the 1st three years). . itch.
    For 1.5m ... I rather stick with the proper hardcore brutes that are loaded with kit.

Give me the Prado 4.0 VXL or LC200 VXR.

Buying any 4x4 at R1.5 bar makes no sense yet we do it because we can. Sadly for me I had to go cancel my order and get back my small change dep due to this little .

Damn upset. Quite a major disappointment for me. Whoza 2021

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    For 1.5m ... I rather stick with the proper hardcore brutes that are loaded with kit.

Give me the Prado 4.0 VXL or LC200 VXR.
    So what is not "proper brute" about the new Defender? How many miles have you travelled in one? How long have you owned one? Think most here would appreciate your world of knowledge on this just released vehicle.
    Henk
    So understand
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
    Face up, make your stand
    And realize you're living in the golden years

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Henkus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Henkus View Post
    So what is not "proper brute" about the new Defender? How many miles have you travelled in one? How long have you owned one? Think most here would appreciate your world of knowledge on this just released vehicle.
    There's this thing about history tending to repeat itself, a.k.a historic recurrence. So your new defender and most JLR products is loaded with cutting edge tech, very cool stuff.

It would be cooler though if that cutting edge tech stuff would remain together and functioning reliably especially after a few thousand kilometres and most importantly in the deep outback where the vehicle is supposed to traverse.

So what I call brutes are the ones that tend not to break when subjected to what they were actually designed for.

Having owned both a D4 and Prado 150, I can assure you I know which brand to embark on a tough journey with, and which of these really qualifies to be called brute

Yes, nobody's experienced the defender but yes, .. historic recurrence..

Cute story. Pity no one bothered to tell it to the thousands of Aussies who tour the Outback in their D3/D4/RR/RRS
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Cute story. Pity no one bothered to tell it to the thousands of Aussies who tour the Outback in their D3/D4/RR/RRS
    How does the Aussie "outback" really compare to Central African "outback"..