Tyres for Triton 2018

Default Tyres for Triton 2018

Hi Guys

Planing to upgrade Tyres on the Triton, it comes out with Toyo A28 245/65/17. What do some of our members use on there Triton?

I will do some off-road here and there also towing.

Should I go a bit bigger 255/65/17 or 265/65/17?

Also thinking of General Grabbers AT3 or Goodyear W AT ADV

Some input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Tyres for Triton 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER-77 View Post
    Hi Guys

Planing to upgrade Tyres on the Triton, it comes out with Toyo A28 245/65/17. What do some of our members use on there Triton?

I will do some off-road here and there also towing.

Should I go a bit bigger 255/65/17 or 265/65/17?

Also thinking of General Grabbers AT3 or Goodyear W AT ADV

Some input will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi. have a look at the thread "Triton 2.4 DiD fuel consumption". Toks put bigger wheels on his and it influenced his fuel consumption massively. I'm on 26k km with mine, and will keep the Toyo tyres until they need replacement. I do a lot of off road driving and so far they are holding up pretty well actually. Had to replace 1 tyre so far, and couldn't get the same Toyo tyre, so put the spare on and kept the new replacement as spare. The Toyos are much better than the crap the rangers came out with (can't remember what it was now). Had to replace 3 of my Ranger's tyres before it reached 25k km. When I do replace the Toyos I also want to go one size up, but Toks' situation has me a little worried
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeubok For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tyres for Triton 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Leeubok View Post
    Hi. have a look at the thread "Triton 2.4 DiD fuel consumption". Toks put bigger wheels on his and it influenced his fuel consumption massively. I'm on 26k km with mine, and will keep the Toyo tyres until they need replacement. I do a lot of off road driving and so far they are holding up pretty well actually. Had to replace 1 tyre so far, and couldn't get the same Toyo tyre, so put the spare on and kept the new replacement as spare. The Toyos are much better than the crap the rangers came out with (can't remember what it was now). Had to replace 3 of my Ranger's tyres before it reached 25k km. When I do replace the Toyos I also want to go one size up, but Toks' situation has me a little worried
    Dankie, het geloer. Lyk my ons bly maar by die stock bande of atleast die selfde size