Grand Cherokee Shocks for a 2" lifted WJ... but in Cape Town??

Default Shocks for a 2" lifted WJ... but in Cape Town??

I have just returned from a trip in the Tankwa and Cederberg in my 2004 WJ, and convinced I have damaged a front shock (Its loose when I grab it - ). This and together with the fact the shocks do not appear to be handling the corrugations anymore. The vehicle seems to be on ice and slides all over the place as soon as I hit corrugations, even as low as 50kms/hr. Running pressures of around 1.4 to 1.7. Current shocks are BDS, 7 years old and 70 000kms.

I see there a number of suppliers and fitters of shocks up country but can anyone point me in the right direction who could adivse me on shock make, right size (I assume 22" and 24" ?), and a fitter in Cape Town. I really do not need to go for the most high end racing shock, I use my vehicle for mostly road-tripping on back roads and occasional trail, but I do need to fit shocks that will make the vehicle safe again.
    Last edited by wtrlan; 2018/09/26 at 05:10 PM.

2014 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 3.0 D-4DMelville and Moon seat covers, Securi-slide, Gobi-X Rock-sliders,: Further upgrades pending.... as per normal.
    2005 WJ JEEP Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD (***For Sale***)
    2" Zone Coil lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, 245/75/R16 Bighorn 764s, Rola Cargo Carrier, Escape Gear seat covers, Auto Technic "Bulli-Prop" DC propshaft, Maniac4x4 Front bumper.
    BMW F30 320i M-Sport - daily drive

Default Re: Shocks for a 2" lifted WJ... but in Cape Town??

Quote Originally Posted by wtrlan View Post
    I have just returned from a trip in the Tankwa and Cederberg in my 2004 WJ, and convinced I have damaged a front shock (Its loose when I grab it - ). This and together with the fact the shocks do not appear to be handling the corrugations anymore. The vehicle seems to be on ice and slides all over the place as soon as I hit corrugations, even as low as 50kms/hr. Current shocks are BDS, 7 years old and 70 000kms.

I see there a number of suppliers and fitters of shocks up country but can anyone point me in the right direction who could adivse me on shock make, right size (I assume 22" and 24" ?), and a fitter in Cape Town. I really do not need to go for the most high end racing shock, I use my vehicle for mostly road-tripping on back roads and occasional trail, but I do need to fit shocks that will make the vehicle safe again.
    Maniac 4x4

Default Re: Shocks for a 2" lifted WJ... but in Cape Town??

Quote Originally Posted by allan.cawood View Post
    Maniac 4x4

Cheers Allan, I agree, Mark did my bumper and was about to contact him. Just wanted to see if there were other options. Tx

2014 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 3.0 D-4DMelville and Moon seat covers, Securi-slide, Gobi-X Rock-sliders,: Further upgrades pending.... as per normal.
    2005 WJ JEEP Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD (***For Sale***)
    2" Zone Coil lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, 245/75/R16 Bighorn 764s, Rola Cargo Carrier, Escape Gear seat covers, Auto Technic "Bulli-Prop" DC propshaft, Maniac4x4 Front bumper.
    BMW F30 320i M-Sport - daily drive