Trump... - Page 79

Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 29 54 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2101

Thread: Trump...

Default Re: Trump...

I keep hoping this whole Trump presidency thing is a huge reality TV hoax, a bit like Orson Welles' War of the world' radio broadcast. And that at some point someone is going to come on air and explain that it was all a social experiment, and that there's nothing to worry about...and that a real president pops up, a normal person, and reassures everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tashtego9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tashtego9 View Post
    I keep hoping this whole Trump presidency thing is a huge reality TV hoax, a bit like Orson Welles' War of the world' radio broadcast. And that at some point someone is going to come on air and explain that it was all a social experiment, and that there's nothing to worry about...and that a real president pops up, a normal person, and reassures everyone.
    Here’s hoping it gets cancelled after four seasons due to bad reviews and replaced with something better.

Would that were true, we live in hope.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Here’s hoping it gets cancelled after four seasons due to bad reviews and replaced with something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    Would that were true, we live in hope.
    A step toward getting to the bottom of the hoaxes... round 1 didn't end well for the anti MAGA brigade... let's see how the media deals with round 2.

A Chicago judge has tasked former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb with investigating the dismissal of the Jussie Smollett case.

On Saturday, a Chicago police spokesperson said Smollett is no longer considered a victim in the case that allegedly involved an attack by two masked men who shouted racial and anti-gay slurs at the actor and "This is MAGA country!"

Background (a couple of days after the initial report) for those who did not follow the story... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ther_hoax.html
    Timeline of events... https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...e-hoax-attack/
    The (updated on Feb 22) liberal take on the matter... https://www.vox.com/2019/2/17/182284...st-hoax-empire
    The (Feb 19) conservative view... https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...h-hoax-reports
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    A step toward getting to the bottom of the hoaxes... round 1 didn't end well for the anti MAGA brigade... let's see how the media deals with round 2.

A Chicago judge has tasked former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb with investigating the dismissal of the Jussie Smollett case.

On Saturday, a Chicago police spokesperson said Smollett is no longer considered a victim in the case that allegedly involved an attack by two masked men who shouted racial and anti-gay slurs at the actor and "This is MAGA country!"

Background (a couple of days after the initial report) for those who did not follow the story... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ther_hoax.html
    Timeline of events... https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...e-hoax-attack/
    The (updated on Feb 22) liberal take on the matter... https://www.vox.com/2019/2/17/182284...st-hoax-empire
    The (Feb 19) conservative view... https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...h-hoax-reports

There is genuinely something off with you. Who gives a crap? Love your sources though. Wow.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2019/08/25 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    There is genuinely something off with you. Who gives a crap? Love your sources though. Wow.
    To be fair, the liberal media cared enough for the story to headline it for weeks, using it to support a racist narrative, and there is nothing "off with" CNN? Then when inconvenient everyone must brush it under the carpet as if nothing happened and the conservative media is out of line. There are two sides to this.

The US cannot allow any individual to make claims that are not true and which are used to race bait or to push a false narrative. We have two guys saying under oath they were employed to "beat" him up to support the "MAGA supporters are racist claims". The dismissal of the the 16 charges appear fraught with bias. So lets see who is right and who is wrong.

Forget the media, lets let the courts decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    To be fair, the liberal media cared enough for the story to headline it for weeks, using it to support a racist narrative, and there is nothing "off with" CNN? Then when inconvenient everyone must brush it under the carpet as if nothing happened and the conservative media is out of line. There are two sides to this.

The US cannot allow any individual to make claims that are not true and which are used to race bait or to push a false narrative. We have two guys saying under oath they were employed to "beat" him up to support the "MAGA supporters are racist claims". The dismissal of the the 16 charges appear fraught with bias. So lets see who is right and who is wrong.

Forget the media, lets let the courts decide.
    “The US cannot allow any individual to make claims that are not true and which are used to race bait or to push a false narrative.”

I agree. Starting with Donald J Trump.

The issue I have here is that the facts are that a significant portion of his base ARE racist xenophobes. Not all - by any means. Those that go to his rallies- the real “fans” - it’s more than half. I’d argue a good bit more than half.

This Smollett punk should be punished for what he did in some way. If “politics” was involved in the decision to drop, that should be investigated.

But it does not change the broader reality of the typical Trump “enthusiast” in the US. They are what they are.

The media (liberal or otherwise) covered the story because of his semi-celebrity coupled with what was reported as a hate crime. No reason not to cover.

The sad part here is this moron’s publicity stunt detracts from the real events that occur - and are occurring with more regularity under the Trump admin because his poorly thought thru rhetoric inspires some to act upon feelings that might have previously been kept more to themselves.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2019/08/26 at 12:45 AM.

Agreed , it works both ways.

The problem is it simply pushes the media boat out further and claims and counterclaims simply get more accusatory.

China starting to hurt a little too much?

China announces it seeks 'calm' end to trade war, as markets tank and currency hits 11-year flatline

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...-year-flatline
    2005 Pajero 3.2D LWB Auto
    1999 Pajero 3.5V6 LWB Manual - Deceased

Quote Originally Posted by macjohnw View Post
    China starting to hurt a little too much?

China announces it seeks 'calm' end to trade war, as markets tank and currency hits 11-year flatline

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chi...-year-flatline
    The next question to ask is how much is this hurting Trump's reelection campaign, if I look at how China have targeted agricultural products in their response to his latest tariffs it tells me they're aiming to hurt his base. I think they're going to sweat Trump out of office and perhaps help the Dems out with a little meddling seeing that his holiness doesn't want to do anything about election meddling.

2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

There was a time where I would have dismissed a report that says the President wants to nuke hurricanes as absolute rubbish, now I am not so sure anymore.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by macjohnw View Post
    China starting to hurt a little too much? ...
    ... from the article.

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Sunday that Democrats should not criticize Trump for taking on China over trade as they have complained for years about Beijing’s policies but done nothing. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y, for example, has urged Trump to fight China aggressively.

“Every Democrat and every Republican of note has said China cheats,” Graham said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation.” “The Democrats for years have been claiming that China should be stood up to, now Trump is and we’ve just got to accept the pain that comes with standing up to China.”

U.S. markets have also taken something of a beating. The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 600 points Friday after the latest escalation in the trade war between the U.S. and China rattled investors. The broad sell-off sent the S&P 500 to its fourth straight weekly loss.
    Fixing the historic trade problems is certainly not painless... but Trump seems to have the political savvy and gumption to get the USA and the free west ahead in the trade arena.

Trump puts a lot of democrat voters in a bit of a spot because they support some of his economic policy on the one hand (and his immigration policies) but are still tied to their dem party roots.

Interesting, and a subject on it's own, the correlation between employment and the stock market in the US.
    -Abraham Lincoln

No doubt that tariffs are hurting but it does not look like the production is moving to the US. This is going to cost Trump the election.
    https://www.fin24.com/Companies/ICT/...iance-20190826
    Last edited by River Rat; 2019/08/26 at 11:55 AM.

From the article:

...This isn't the first time the idea has been suggested - it was first floated by a scientist during the Eisenhower era, but experts widely agree the idea won't work...
    2005 Pajero 3.2D LWB Auto
    1999 Pajero 3.5V6 LWB Manual - Deceased

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    There was a time where I would have dismissed a report that says the President wants to nuke hurricanes as absolute rubbish, now I am not so sure anymore.
    Seems like he just wants to push the buttons to put his name in history.North Korea and Iran are not playing along so now he wants to nuke hurricanes.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

Quote Originally Posted by LC Man View Post
    Seems like he just wants to push the buttons to put his name in history.North Korea and Iran are not playing along so now he wants to nuke hurricanes.
    I don't think we have to worry he has most likely forgotten the codes to the nukes and Melania won't give it to him!

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I don't think we have to worry he has most likely forgotten the codes to the nukes and Melania won't give it to him!
    Have you found your path yet? The quantum matrix is calling to you via liberal frequencies. Can you hear it? It can be difficult to know where to begin.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    Have you found your path yet? The quantum matrix is calling to you via liberal frequencies. Can you hear it? It can be difficult to know where to begin.

...from the guy that goes to Brietbart............classic.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:

I still don't see any manifestation of the latest polls in the attendance of rally's.

If the attendance was a measure then Trump is well ahead. It could also be that we will not see open support for a Dem until the Dem's put forward their final candidate to take on Trump. HRC's rally's too were less well attended than Trumps but she got the popular vote.

I think everyone is going to be surprised by these elections.

I still think that the Dem's do not have anyone of great quality to beat Trump, perhaps the most coherent of their candidates is Elizabeth Warren. I think that Elizabeth could toe to toe with Trump, she is articulate and is a good debater it would appear. Joe will stutter and stumble his way through and get brutalized, hell he ran from Kamala in the debate. Bernie could have a go but is sparse on the details required for the debates, I also think that he will be unable to control his anger / temper (or the perception that he is angry with all). Kamala was put in her place by friendly forces Tulsi Gabbard, she simply had no response. Again the voter is not exactly spoiled for choice. I think that in a strange reversal of fortunes that Trump may lose the presidency rather than any Dem winning.

Trump aside there is not a Dem candidate I think is of presidential material.

For the Dem's it would appear to be not about who will win it, just as long as someone other than Trump, who is a Dem wins it. I think this dilutes their position. They should really get down to the short strokes and get a vibrant candidate who charisma will engender crowd support and then put everything behind that person. I don't think America will want another "old" guy frankly.

Still amazes me how the same set of facts can have diametrically different meanings depending on which side of the fence you sit.
    Last edited by Andrew Leigh; 2019/08/26 at 12:38 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 29 54 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 104 ... LastLast