Trump... - Page 86

Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 36 61 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2122

Thread: Trump...

Default Re: Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Your source has no credibility and you have tried your level best to present an argument based on the twisted drivel they provided. The dems little dance in the house has come to an end and the wall is going ahead now...

The democrats did all they could to frustrate the presidents campaign promise to build the wall... it was a political move, and they failed.

In addition to the wall, the other measures are now in place and there is already a big reduction in arrests for illegal immigrants on the US side of the wall and the caravans are gone. Dems had nothing to do with that.

Winners of a Pulitzer prize... the Trump/Russia collusion hoax journalists also won that prize.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Seeing that Trump claims that he is the most transparent President ever, how long do you think the audit of his tax returns are going to take it must be 3 years already?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

Getting back to the Iran issue.

I do not think that Trump has shown strong leadership with regards to military issues. Korea, he has been very accommodating, Russia also, and his express desire not to enter conflict has been interpreted as weakness it would appear.

So hostile nations are now exploiting this apparent weakness and are goading him into action. They are pushing him to see how far he will go before retaliation.

This is not an easy balance to achieve.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post

I do not think that Trump has shown strong leadership with regards to military issues. Korea, he has been very accommodating, Russia also, and his express desire not to enter conflict has been interpreted as weakness it would appear.

So hostile nations are now exploiting this apparent weakness and are goading him into action. They are pushing him to see how far he will go before retaliation.

Agreed and this is exacerbated by the loss of Bolton. His transactional approach to foreign affairs is unravelling dramatically and he has dug himself a very deep hole. I hate saying this but his only recourse is military action of some sorts to strike some sort of fear into the enemy. Writing beautiful letters to the Ayatollah ain't going to cut it.

Yip, I agree. The will unfortunately need be some form of punitive attack in order clip a couple of wings. This may happen pre-election which would not be good for the GOP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post

This is really very simple - Trump was successful in the real estate business - for the most part. A number of major bankruptcies, but that's another matter.

A real estate deal is not diplomacy, or leadership.

There have been many (most!) Presidents who lacked relevant experience in Diplomacy, particularly in recent times.

Reagan - Actor, Governor of California
    Clinton - Governor of Arkansas, draft dodger, lawyer
    Bush GW - Governor of Texas
    Obama - 1 term congressman, lawyer

In fact - only George HW Bush, a one-termer, had really relevant diplomatic and international experience - Congress, Ambassador, U.S. Liaison office in China, Director of CIA...plus two terms as Reagan's VP. A complete outlier to the others, and largely regarded as a meh president.

The difference ---- none of those named above had such an overblown ego that they:

- Alienated allies
    - Generated a massive churn in senior cabinet posts, such that only "yes men" are left
    - Expressed a clear preference for their "gut instincts" vice the guidance of the nation's intel agencies and state department.

Only trump combines that lack of actual pertinent experience, with such a complete disregard for competent counsel. And - in common with Clinton - a draft dodger. Mr. Bonespurs.

With nothing but yes-men around him, who themselves know nothing, there will be no action. Just bluster. I just hope the damage is not too severe by the end of his hopefully one term in office.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2019/09/18 at 01:33 PM.

By attacking countries like Iran who are run by muslim fundamentalists just makes them martyrs- which in their beliefs is the best and most honorable to die.

This attack was by Yemeni rebels on Saudi because Saudis have been bombing them indiscriminately. US should not be dragged into it too much other than stand with its allies the Saudis.

Trump has shown restraint when it comes to using the Military and believe he will continue to do so.

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    By attacking countries like Iran who are run by muslim fundamentalists just makes them martyrs- which in their beliefs is the best and most honorable to die.

This attack was by Yemeni rebels on Saudi because Saudis have been bombing them indiscriminately. US should not be dragged into it too much other than stand with its allies the Saudis.

Trump has shown restraint when it comes to using the Military and believe he will continue to do so.
    you really think Yemeni rebels pulled this off? That kind of sophistication? If it had of been camels and rpgs maybe.

But Trump said that they are locked and loaded? If Trump doesn't react the Iranians will escalate the attacks either directly or through their proxies. I think he is quickly finding out that there's a big difference between criticising a president and actually being one. Anyway I see Pompeo is on his way to visit the Saudi's and as Trump will say we'll see what happens

But Trump said that they are locked and loaded? If Trump doesn't react the Iranians will escalate the attacks either directly or through their proxies. I think he is quickly finding out that there's a big difference between criticising a president and actually being one. Anyway I see Pompeo is on his way to visit the Saudi's and as Trump will say we'll see what happens
    locked and loaded and actually blasting is two different things. Anyway I think his tweets are used for mis direction- Still trying to figure out COVFEFE

I believe half of Texas is permanently locked and loaded Also quite a few forum members if browsing the guns threads is anything to go by

I'm quite impressed with the restraint.
    Last edited by Karol; 2019/09/18 at 02:25 PM.

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    you really think Yemeni rebels pulled this off? That kind of sophistication? If it had of been camels and rpgs maybe.
    According to CNN it the Houthi Rebels that were claiming responsibility and Iran denied any involvement

( by we all know its the Iranians behind it ) I guess they are trying to find the evidence to substantiate it.

I think the US has learnt its lessons not to rush in to conflict unless there is a direct attack on them - rightly so.
    Last edited by Karol; 2019/09/18 at 02:22 PM.

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI

locked and loaded and actually blasting is two different things. Anyway I think his tweets are used for mis direction- Still trying to figure out COVFEFE

I believe half of Texas is permanently locked and loaded Also quite a few forum members if browsing the guns threads is anything to go by

I'm quite impressed with the restraint.
    But that's the thing his twitter account is considered by the courts to be official government communication as per the judges ruling.

The Justice Department court filing Friday warned that if the appeals court ruling was upheld, “public officials who address matters relating to their public office on personal accounts will run the risk that every action taken on that account will be state action subject to constitutional scrutiny.” Parker, however, had said Trump’s account bears “all the trappings of an official, state-run account” and is “one of the White House’s main vehicles for conducting official business.”

Trump is appealing but you can read the full story here.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VD2DY

As for his restraint I am not sure it will last as the Iranians are playing him like a fiddle.

But that's the thing his twitter account is considered by the courts to be official government communication as per the judges ruling.

The Justice Department court filing Friday warned that if the appeals court ruling was upheld, “public officials who address matters relating to their public office on personal accounts will run the risk that every action taken on that account will be state action subject to constitutional scrutiny.” Parker, however, had said Trump’s account bears “all the trappings of an official, state-run account” and is “one of the White House’s main vehicles for conducting official business.”

Trump is appealing but you can read the full story here.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VD2DY

As for his restraint I am not sure it will last as the Iranians are playing him like a fiddle.
    From my understand from the article posted is that the court judgment is to do with Trump blocking critics on twitter.

It basically means that if you are in public office you may not block any of your critics that follow you. Seems like its selectively applied if you read further down.

The Justice Department filing noted that since the ruling two lawsuits were filed accusing Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of violating the First Amendment for blocking individuals on her personal Twitter account.
    The Justice Department filing said the court’s “mistaken First Amendment reasoning is being applied not just to any public official, but to the President of United States.”

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI

From my understand from the article posted is that the court judgment is to do with Trump blocking critics on twitter.

It basically means that if you are in public office you may not block any of your critics that follow you. Seems like its selectively applied if you read further down.

The Justice Department filing noted that since the ruling two lawsuits were filed accusing Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of violating the First Amendment for blocking individuals on her personal Twitter account.
    The Justice Department filing said the court’s “mistaken First Amendment reasoning is being applied not just to any public official, but to the President of United States.”
    Yes it is but this is what the judge said about his account and I repeat.

Parker, however, had said Trump’s account bears “all the trappings of an official, state-run account” and is “one of the White House’s main vehicles for conducting official business.

The view has been put forward by Pierre de Vos that the EFF banning Daily Maverick and others from their press conferences also infringes the right to freedom of speech. Very similar reasoning, I would imagine, and would assist anyone who chooses to take the EFF to court (provided they have the appetite to take it right up to the Concourt).

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opinionista/2019-09-17-why-eff-ban-on-media-organisations-unconstitutionally-infringes-on-the-right-to-freedom-of-expression/

PS I don't know why the link is not working.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Democratic leadership knows that it is pure madness to start impeachment process. It would be political suicide but the leadership cannot shut up some of the members.

To succeed 2/3rd majority in Senate and they do not even have a majority.

Big problem for the party is that they do not have a candidate for the election. Something like 10 are fighting and digging dirt on each other. Out of the lot they need somebody who has a change against Trump and at present doesn't look good for them. Maybe they should take the one who says "Yes we will take your guns" or the one who says "All will have medical care" but cannot say where the money comes from.

There is an old saying that do not go to the boss with a problem. Go with a solution. At present Democrats are only coming up with problems.
    Somebody should explain this using pictures to Mr Nadler and his other pro-impeachment buddies.
    2005 Pajero 3.2D LWB Auto
    1999 Pajero 3.5V6 LWB Manual - Deceased

Quote Originally Posted by macjohnw View Post
    Somebody should explain this using pictures to Mr Nadler and his other pro-impeachment buddies.
    I would imagine a lot of it is getting personal publicity to promote your own political career.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Trump appoints Robert O Brian as his new security advisor.....

Robert speaks fluent Afrikaans...

Afriforum has interacted with him

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Ian.McM View Post
    I would imagine a lot of it is getting personal publicity to promote your own political career.
    They were warned against that after the election - focus on running the country as opossed to going on another foaming-at-the-mouth Trump hunt.
    2005 Pajero 3.2D LWB Auto
    1999 Pajero 3.5V6 LWB Manual - Deceased

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    the one who says "All will have medical care" but cannot say where the money comes from.
    Maybe just tell them some arbitrary country (like Mexico) will pay for it.

After the election none of your supporters will hold to you to account when they have to pay for it (if recent events are an indication)...
    Last edited by JS-V8; 2019/09/20 at 11:39 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 36 61 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast