Trump... - Page 74





Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24 49 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1720

Thread: Trump...

  1. #1461
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    sandton
    Age
    47
    Posts
    78
    Thanked: 66

    Default Re: Trump...

    I dont give a hoot about left or right politics. What I am referring to is respect for basic human rights and freedom of choice over ones own body.
    Forcing someone to have a child (or forcing someone to have an abortion) are both abhorrent. Next step is to creatively allow human trafficking or slavery on some justified grounds.

    Trump actually doesn't give a hoot about left or right, he flip flops as and when it suits him and has done so for the last 20 years publically and very vocally. (The Republicans were not even too enamoured with him until they realised how determined he was prior to 2016, he threatened to go independent quite a few times)...he is in it for Donald Trump and Donald Trump alone. Short term gratification, it's like a drug for him. Constantly needs external validation. Have you ever worked for a boss who constantly needed his ego stroked. Quite exhausting.
    As a human being he is wired selfishly. Just use your own judge of character. It's very simple.
    Economically he is doing the equivalent of running a company and only focusing on the income statement to the detriment of the balance sheet.
    Seen it so many times...new CEO comes in and says look in doubled revenue can I have my bonus now. Mean whilst margins are shot, bad debts up, customer service is down and good staff leaving in droves.
    Trump is doing the same thing to America's balance sheet.

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Colin2232 For This Useful Post:


  3. #1462
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanked: 1639

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    The economic down turn over the next 18 months will stop him.

    But he will probably stop himself, as the campaign goes on he will probably become more divisive and alienate the swing voters he needs to win the electoral college - he will never win the popular vote.
    Retirement due to poor health. Itíll be ďexhaustionĒ, or family, but Iím not sure. The republicans, just like the Dems, arenít tripping over worthy candidates. If Trumps not there then theyíre really in the poo, because Pence it ainít, and who else is there.
    Love your neighbour. Thatís about it, itíll be the world we want.

  4. #1463
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    463
    Thanked: 592

    Default Re: Trump...

    Perhaps I was not clear, and my point was very generic.

    The point is that we don't have to like Trump, no problems with that, we can hate him, no problems with that either (other than hatred is not good for the soul). But if someone does like him there is not need for us attack the individual for his preferences, no matter how offensive they may be to the liberal. The converse should also hold true.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:


  6. #1464
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanked: 1639

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Perhaps I was not clear, and my point was very generic.

    The point is that we don't have to like Trump, no problems with that, we can hate him, no problems with that either (other than hatred is not good for the soul). But if someone does like him there is not need for us attack the individual for his preferences, no matter how offensive they may be to the liberal. The converse should also hold true.
    My problem is that Trump himself is the polarising influence. It seems that modern politics is just like that - itís become a binary choice just as GWB once said ďyouíre either for us, or against usĒ. Lifeís not like that, there are nuances, shades and tones. I detest being assumed stupid enough to buy it. Then I feel stupid being drawn into these endless back and forth. By way of a long winded story - my point ...

    Three bulls heard via the grapevine that the rancher was going to bring yet another bull onto the ranch, and the prospect raised a discussion among them. First Bull: "Boys, we all know I've been here 5 years. Once we settled our differences, we agreed on which 100 of the cows would be mine. Now, I don't know where this newcomer is going to get HIS cows, but I aint' givin' him any of mine." Second Bull: "That pretty much says it for me, too. I've been here 3 years and have earned my right to the 50 cows we've agreed are mine. I'll fight 'im till I run him off or kill 'im, but I'M KEEPIN' ALL MY COWS." Third Bull: "I've only been here a year, and so far you guys have only let me have 10 cows to "take care of". I may not be as big as you fellows (yet) but I am young and virile, so I simply MUST keep all MY cows." They no sooner finished their big talk when an eighteen-wheeler pulls up in the middle of the pasture with only ONE ANIMAL IN IT: the biggest Son-of-Another-Bull these guys had ever seen! At 4700 pounds, each step he took toward the ground strained the steel ramp to the breaking point. First Bull: "You know, it's actually been some time since I really felt I was doing all my cows justice, anyway. I think I can spare a few for our new friend." Second Bull: "I'll have plenty of cows to take care of if I just stay on the opposite end of the pasture from HIM. I'm certainly not looking for argument." They look over at their young friend, the 3rd bull, and find him pawing the dirt, shaking his horns, and snorting. First Bull: "Son, let me give you some advice real quick. Let him have some of your cows and live to tell about it." Third Bull: "Hell, he can have ALL MY COWS. I'm just making sure he knows I'm a bull!"
    Love your neighbour. Thatís about it, itíll be the world we want.

  7. #1465
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    116
    Thanked: 177

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    I don't always believe your opinion or belief system is correct, but I do respect your right to believe it, preach it and will not insult you for the position you take. I think you liberals should cut others the same slack, the name calling and personal attacks are really uncalled for.

    Again the same intolerance the liberals pin on the conservative's, the liberals are just as guilty of.

    Who called anyone a name?? I called Trump an idiot - he is not a forum member as far as I know - and he has well earned the adjective. I pointed out that the typical trump supporter is poorly educated - thatís statistically a fact... what else?

  8. #1466
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    463
    Thanked: 592

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Who called anyone a name?? I called Trump an idiot - he is not a forum member as far as I know - and he has well earned the adjective. I pointed out that the typical trump supporter is poorly educated - thatís statistically a fact... what else?
    The left insults the right, and the right insults the left. Snide comments, innuendo, etc.

    As for as educational statistics, please provide sources for your statistical facts. I am unaware of poll that lists academic qualification against confidential vote, enlighten me.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:


  10. #1467
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    271
    Thanked: 584

    Default Re: Trump...

    I'll get to my response to the abortion issues another day... time for a smile now...

    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  11. #1468
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    116
    Thanked: 177

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    The left insults the right, and the right insults the left. Snide comments, innuendo, etc.

    As for as educational statistics, please provide sources for your statistical facts. I am unaware of poll that lists academic qualification against confidential vote, enlighten me.

    Iím not your secretary or research assistant- but it will take you 5 minutes on google.

  12. #1469
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    116
    Thanked: 177

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    I'll get to my response to the abortion issues another day... time for a smile now...


    Cant wait to hear how Smollet factors in.

  13. #1470
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    271
    Thanked: 584

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Cant wait to hear how Smollet factors in.
    I don't know who the liberal leader is right now... but Smollet had some good media attention... Biden looks to be leading the Democrats race at the moment, Pocahontas is catching up fast and Haris is even... but far be it from me to impose a leader on the left...

    I'm wondering if they are going to start their own thread or just keep hanging out with the conservative boss and his supporters here?

    Full list of Dem candidates... https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...202457543.html
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  14. #1471
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    44
    Posts
    445
    Thanked: 260

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by JCMostert View Post
    I don't know how accurate this map is, but it seems that the general public that deals everyday with the immigrants feel different than the rich and famous with their high walls and excluded suburbs.

    The same is happening here in South Africa, it is easy to sit behind high walls, going to your local fancy shopping centre and shout for anti xenophobia and equal rights, it is different when you must stay next to them, your wive and children are victims of their crimes, their illegal shops taking your bread and butter etc.

    Attachment 537737
    I do love the way you, and many others here, project their experience in RSA onto other countries and assume they understand.

    For instance Iím an immigrant, so by default Iím then scum of the earth by your definition. Iím sure youíre aware that the USA has a shortage of truck drivers for instance, because the locals donít want to do it. Hence immigration can actually be a good thing. There are many examples of this around the world.

    How long did you live in the USA to develop your point of view? Being a regular visitor doesnít count. It takes at least a year to absorb the nuances of a new culture.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceB For This Useful Post:


  16. #1472
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    116
    Thanked: 177

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    I do love the way you, and many others here, project their experience in RSA onto other countries and assume they understand.

    For instance Iím an immigrant, so by default Iím then scum of the earth by your definition. Iím sure youíre aware that the USA has a shortage of truck drivers for instance, because the locals donít want to do it. Hence immigration can actually be a good thing. There are many examples of this around the world.

    How long did you live in the USA to develop your point of view? Being a regular visitor doesnít count. It takes at least a year to absorb the nuances of a new culture.
    Immigrants are part of the ďgreatnessĒ of the US.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:


  18. #1473
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    271
    Thanked: 584

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    I do love the way you, and many others here, project their experience in RSA onto other countries and assume they understand.

    For instance Iím an immigrant, so by default Iím then scum of the earth by your definition. Iím sure youíre aware that the USA has a shortage of truck drivers for instance, because the locals donít want to do it. Hence immigration can actually be a good thing. There are many examples of this around the world.

    How long did you live in the USA to develop your point of view? Being a regular visitor doesnít count. It takes at least a year toabsorb the nuances of a new culture.
    The issue is illegal immigrants... I couldn't help noticing that you determined who qualifies to comment on the subject...

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Immigrants are part of the ďgreatnessĒ of the US.
    No, illegal immigrants are not why America is great... that is the issue...
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  19. #1474
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    43
    Posts
    984
    Thanked: 912

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    The issue is illegal immigrants... I couldn't help noticing that you determined who qualifies to comment on the subject...

    No, illegal immigrants are not why America is great... that is the issue...

    Not to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure the locals at the time, thought Columbus was an illegal....

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohanRoux For This Useful Post:


  21. #1475
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    463
    Thanked: 592

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    The issue is illegal immigrants... I couldn't help noticing that you determined who qualifies to comment on the subject...

    No, illegal immigrants are not why America is great... that is the issue...
    To be fair and I believe in reality, there are many illegal immigrants in the US that are hard working and are contributing skills to society. The fact that they are illegally there is contrary to law but that is another argument. Not all illegal immigrants are drug lords and killers. So that is the dilemma how do you sort the chaff from the wheat.

    I am not sure how you could grant blanket immunity to all immigrants currently in the US as that means you keep the chaff and the wheat.

    I am not sure that I fully understand the partisanship here as Trump appears to be saying the same thing as Clinton and Obama said in their presidential terms. A real pity that the house cannot see eye to eye on this.

  22. #1476
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    44
    Posts
    445
    Thanked: 260

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    The issue is illegal immigrants... I couldn't help noticing that you determined who qualifies to comment on the subject...

    No, illegal immigrants are not why America is great... that is the issue...
    So the problems in RSA are caused by illegal immigrants? Good to know.

  23. #1477
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest, Malaysia
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,514
    Thanked: 5888

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    So the problems in RSA are caused by illegal immigrants? Good to know.
    It is a major contributor. Hence the sporadic xenophobic outbreaks.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

    The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

  24. #1478
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    271
    Thanked: 584

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    To be fair and I believe in reality, there are many some illegal immigrants in the US that are hard working and are contributing skills to society. The fact that they are illegally there is contrary to law but that is another argument. Not all illegal immigrants are drug lords and killers. So that is the dilemma how do you sort the chaff from the wheat.

    I am not sure how you could grant blanket immunity to all immigrants currently in the US as that means you keep the chaff and the wheat.

    I am not sure that I fully understand the partisanship here as Trump appears to be saying the same thing as Clinton and Obama said in their presidential terms. A real pity that the house cannot see eye to eye on this.
    Would you agree with my change to your statement?

    The fact is that illegal immigrants are criminals in the USA and as you point out, that has not changed. Trump is doing what the other presidents were supposed to do.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  25. #1479
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    271
    Thanked: 584

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    So the problems in RSA are caused by illegal immigrants? Good to know.
    No, my bad. I was not referring to the situation in South Africa. As the subject here is the Trump administration I did not think to qualify my statement. It is the illegal immigrant situation in the USA that is a problem. I make no comment on the South African problem here.
    Last edited by MarcR; 2019/08/20 at 10:29 AM.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  26. #1480
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Malawi
    Posts
    907
    Thanked: 838

    Default Re: Trump...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure the locals at the time, thought Columbus was an illegal....
    And yet they showered him with gifts. If only they had known...

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to tashtego9 For This Useful Post:


Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24 49 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •